ADVERTISEMENT

wvu IMPROVES to #18 w/ a loss????

Those anomalies have occurred all year long with a variety of teams. For the week, WVU split 1-1 with a win over then ranked No.12 Texas Tech before losing to unranked Texas.

Win over a ranked team counted for more points than a road loss, I guess.

Probably also isn't hurting matters that they are one of two teams in the country to have a win against UVA, and the Cavaliers are rolling in the number 1 spot.

WVU has 11 wins over KenPom's top 50 ranked teams. Only Kansas has more................and KenPom also ranks WVU's strength of schedule at 29. Those could be some of the reasons they are still getting respect in the polls.

Last edited:
WHO CARES ABOUT WVU?

This is late in the year. A loss in November means you lost one of maybe 4 or 5 games of all those you have played, so it is like 20% of your resume. A loss last weekend is 1/32nd of the entire schedule.

Polls in basketball are meaningless anyway. It all gets decided on the court.

who cares?

Basketball polls is nothing but BS anyway
Lol especially if your team never cracks the polls. It is good for players and fans. We herd fans don't say that when we have cracked the top 25 in football. We burn couches for that
Kentucky fell out of the top 25 but I know they can beat anybody. At the same time like wv they can be beat by anybody.The. Herd could beat Ky or WV. That's a fact. I'm a fan of all 3.

Those anomalies have occurred all year long with a variety of teams. For the week, WVU split 1-1 with a win over then ranked No.12 Texas Tech before losing to unranked Texas.
Unranked Texas has a very good big man and they are good.

Lol especially if your team never cracks the polls. It is good for players and fans. We herd fans don't say that when we have cracked the top 25 in football. We burn couches for that
Kentucky fell out of the top 25 but I know they can beat anybody. At the same time like wv they can be beat by anybody.The. Herd could beat Ky or WV. That's a fact. I'm a fan of all 3.

Football has 130 teams
Basketball has 351 teams

Top 25 covers 19% of the football teams
Top 25 covers 7% of the basketball teams.

That is why I said a Top 25 in basketball is pretty irrelevant.

Reactions: sistersville
Wonder how far MTSU fell after their loss to us? I note that about 3 or 4 teams just ahead of the Raiders also lost on Saturday. Bet some of them are still in the Top 25! Double standard for the so called mid majors, for sure!!!

264.jpg

Wonder how far MTSU fell after their loss to us? I note that about 3 or 4 teams just ahead of the Raiders also lost on Saturday. Bet some of them are still in the Top 25! Double standard for the so called mid majors, for sure!!!
Obviously, MTSU dropped out of the Top 25 after losing Saturday but they did receive 9 votes. They trailed 6 other schools out of the Top 25 but also receiving votes.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldeherd
How does THAT happen ??

Who cares where WVU is ranked? The regular season is over - on to the conference tournaments.

I'm just glad as a Mountaineer fan I don't have to look for a giant "A" or "B" taped up on the wall behind the basket to know where my team is playing this week. Good luck on Court B this Thursday.

(Joking aside - good win at MTSU. Best of luck this week)

Who cares where WVU is ranked? The regular season is over - on to the conference tournaments.

I'm just glad as a Mountaineer fan I don't have to look for a giant "A" or "B" taped up on the wall behind the basket to know where my team is playing this week. Good luck on Court B this Thursday.

Please dont remind us of the dumb ass decisions made by CUSA

Not to worry, Cousin. If this EER team is typical of those under Huggs, they wouldn't have gotten that deep into the alphabet so as to cause any confusion!! :D

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT