ADVERTISEMENT

WVU too big time to play at the Joan

no one should have assumed this was at OU. it's math. if you have a huge stadium that is always sold out you don't go on the road out of conference unless it's a big out of conference tv match up like osu notre dame etc.

do the math on ticket sales. that's why schools like wvu, kstate, nc state do go on the road to other P5s and occaisionally 2-1 or 1-1 with mid majors.

Can you imagine if Ohio State ever went to Athens, it'd be like a freaking Mad Max movie people trying to scale the outside of the stadium to get in, lol.
Man that was the worst experience I have ever had getting into a stadium. The line at the gate took forever to move and we missed kickoff. You'd think 30 minutes prior would have been ample time, but not there.

Reactions: RhinoD
Athens, OH to Columbus, OH is only a 1hr and 15min drive. Despite this the two schools have only played each other 7 times since they first met in 1899. Ohio State thinks of Ohio U the same way Marshall thinks of WV State, who we haven’t played since 1996. Nice win though by Ohio U over Big 12 Iowa St. at Peden stadium this year. Speaking of that win what did you all think of the Iowa St field goal that the officials said was no good but the video indicated was good. Apparently this is an unreviewable play. Kind of a big deal considering Iowa St ended up losing by 3 points.

Last edited:
Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Should we go to Athens to cheer on Ohio over WVU?
If you want to pay a lot of money for a ticket you can. Ohio U Peden stadium only holds 24,000. I’d imagine wvu fans are going to want to buy all Ohio U’s season tickets and Ohio fans will want to mega-super-gouge wvu fans for tickets. Charleston to Athens is only 90 minutes. Parkersburg to Athens is 40 minutes. Morgantown to Athens is 2h 30 minutes. Plenty of area wvu fans are going to want to go to that and they are going to have to pay up the ass for one of those few 24k seats

Last edited:
Honestly I am over WVU. I don't even root against them anymore. I like it if they lose, but I just don't pay much attention to them anymore. I'm tired of their grossly inflated ego and where they believe they belong in the landscape of college athletics.

They're more known for controversy than they are actual accomplishments.

Other P5s play us so screw them. Let them continue to fall off.

The more you think about it the more I don't know why we care where we play them if we do. We don't take that stance with any other P5 and there aren't very many G5vP5 series that are 1-for-1s either.

Louisville had one with UK when they were in CUSA and the AAC, but that had state government intervention.

Play them or don't play them. Up there or down here. Who cares. I can think of several other P5s I'd rather play.

Last edited:
If you want to pay a lot of money for a ticket you can. Ohio U Peden stadium only holds 24,000. I’d imagine wvu fans are going to want to buy all Ohio U’s season tickets and Ohio fans will want to mega-super-gouge wvu fans for tickets. Charleston to Athens is only 90 minutes. Parkersburg to Athens is 40 minutes. Morgantown to Athens is 2h 30 minutes. Plenty of area wvu fans are going to want to go to that and they are going to have to pay up the ass for one of those few 24k seats
Ohio just might beat them. They beat iowa state and iowa state > WVU

Athens, OH to Columbus, OH is only a 1hr and 15min drive. Despite this the two schools have only played each other 7 times since they first met in 1899. Ohio State thinks of Ohio U the same way Marshall thinks of WV State, who we haven’t played since 1996. Nice win though by Ohio U over Big 12 Iowa St. at Peden stadium this year. Speaking of that win what did you all think of the Iowa St field goal that the officials said was no good but the video indicated was good. Apparently this is an unreviewable play. Kind of a big deal considering Iowa St ended up losing by 3 points.
It wasn’t good even with the angle favoring it in the uprights it still looks off

Can you imagine if Ohio State ever went to Athens, it'd be like a freaking Mad Max movie people trying to scale the outside of the stadium to get in, lol.

I always thought the punishment for ohio state during the Tressel/Pryor incident, would be all of their home games be played at MAC schools in the state of OH, with said schools getting 100% of the gate, osu would have to match that amount, and the away games are blacked out in all of OH...or whatever can be done so their fans couldn't watch.

Reactions: RhinoD
I certainly hope rifle doesn't see this post.

I've given up on trying to teach reading comprehension on here, so now I just try to avoid the morons. The problem is that the morons are everywhere. They seem to spread faster than the chancres on my testicles did after my last trip to Thailand. At least I had some fun before dealing with that situation. With these morons, there is no fun.

I don't get why people on this board, honestly think wvu is some sort of presence in college football.
They aren't. They are a lower tier P5 at best.

As we are seeing in real time, just how little they really contribute. They haven't been asked to join the two major conferences that are literally about to control the money and prestige in college sports, they haven't had any shred of success in the Big 12, and their only athletic notoriety is their football head coach got hired by a (then) G5 program, which is insulting, and their basketball coach got fired for being a drunk.
Their academics are being reduced to that of a DeVry or ITT Tech. Among the proposed reviewed departments that are to possibly be closed are the Registrar, Career Services, and STEM Center (among some near 20 others).

So, I never have understood where Gee was some sort of threat to MU.
They are rapidly losing grasp on control in the state, what on Earth makes anyone think they are doing any better outside of it?

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
I watched it, couldn't believe they ruled it - no good.

Honestly I am over WVU. I don't even root against them anymore. I like it if they lose, but I just don't pay much attention to them anymore. I'm tired of their grossly inflated ego and where they believe they belong in the landscape of college athletics.

The more you think about it the more I don't know why we care where we play them if we do. We don't take that stance with any other P5 and there aren't very many G5vP5 series that are 1-for-1s either.

Louisville had one with UK when they were in CUSA and the AAC, but that had state government intervention.

Play them or don't play them. Up there or down here. Who cares. I can think of several other P5s I'd rather play.
I feel the same way

I feel the same way. I can’t name one player on their team nor do I care to. Don’t know their record , schedule nothing. All i know is i don’t want them here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT