ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING Y'all can rejoice: Bill Legg is no longer the OC at Marshall

Yep. The fans caused this. Damn them. Bunch of hilljack ingrates. Hamrick and his tweets, policies, arrogance had nothing to do with the declining attendance.

I wish Bill Legg well. He will be fine. It's the nature of the business and they know that.

I will say this, is the anemic offense a product of Leggs scheme or our limitations at the QB position in terms of Chase being a drop back passer solely?

If the new guy tailors the O for Chase's abilities we should be fine. If he wants a thrower and a passer, better go with Green.

What did I say that was wrong? Our fans have said they would do things before if something happens and then do it. I am not saying I have an issue with Legg stepping down I am saying I have an issue when our fans say they will do X if Y happens and then doesn’t.

Reactions: The Real SamC
I appreciate his contributions to the program and wish him well. The people have spoke. I think fresh ideas are good, glad we are not paying huge buy outs . He exited and we should focus on ‘18 season “the year” . Either way he will have an out ,if we get the access it’s his old parts , if we fall flat he looks vindicated. I do think ESPN and others have grown a little more respect for Cusa with Davis and Lane. Perception is reality.
I think doc and others are seeing that we could easily be the third best team in our division next year. We bettersaw thawe have to position ourselves properly before next realignment.

Yep. The fans caused this. Damn them. Bunch of hilljack ingrates. Hamrick and his tweets, policies, arrogance had nothing to do with the declining attendance.

What in the hell are you even talking about?

There are fans that have they would increase their donations to the Big Green if Legg was gone. There are fans that said they wouldn't buy season or single game tickets until Legg was gone.

Since Legg is now gone, lex is saying that it's time to put up or shut up.

No matter who they hire, I would hope that we give him a fair shot and show up in much greater numbers that we did in 2017 to show our support.

Even if they hire from within, who’s to say the offense won’t look dramatically different than it did in 2016-2017? Whoever they hire, he deserves the benefit of the doubt unless and until he proves to be the status quo.

It would be nice to see 30,000 in the stands for our first home game even though it’s EKU.

I hope Legg gets a job quickly. I wish him and his family nothing but success at his next stop.

I'm going to go out on a limb, and predict attendance, BG membership, and misc. forms of donations will be identical to what they've been for the last forever years.

Attendance will be predicated on whether team is winning or losing, the opponent on any given week, whether or not the kids have other, more important events, and lastly, but perhaps the most important of all...what the guy or woman on the weather channel happens to say.

Im going to say something that won’t be popular but I honestly don’t think Legg had that much to do with our attendance.

There is a disconnect with a decent sized segment of our fan base and I think it has more to do with Hamrick than who the coach is.

The crowds I saw at the games this year were pitiful in terms of butts in seats and some of those games were when we still had a good record and were in the hunt for the CUSA title.

I hope Legg being the sacrificial lamb truly opens the flood gates of people coming back but I honestly wouldn’t bet on it.

Oh well I’ll be there and hopefully we get the Access Bowl next year.

There is a disconnect between our ticket prices and fan experience. And yes, fan experience includes the name of the visiting team.

IMHO,

- I wish Legg well. I wish anybody associated with our school who moves on well. He just was not the man for the job.

- All of the "I'm not going to another game, donating another penny, blah blah blah as long as Legg is here" was just so much hot air. While tickets and donations have a chance at going up next year, because the team might be pretty good and we have a P5 team at home, there are exactly zero people who actually participated in some Legg boycott and exactly zero dollars have been donated to the Big Green today by people who have been witholding their $$.

Reactions: All4TheHerd
What the fvck does that do other than to embarrass somebody who is graciously walking away and open Marshall up for having to potentially pay buy-outs in certain contracts?

You're a piece of shit of a person if you'd rather see "fired" next to somebody's name who worked their ass of for Marshall instead of a softer "resigned" simply to satisfy your thirst for blood.

Ye Nots
....I will not use the strong language you did....but let the man rest in piece and having the name "resign" is much better when you go Job hunting.

HerdZilla22 (Sweeney)....

You all are right. It is more nice and helpful, and gracious. It's certainly tough wanting to see coaches and administration have the guts to make tough decisions. I'm wrong here...I admit. When I posted I was really irritated at our performance and felt nothing would change. Thanks for ground checking me

They played for him. Rakeem had been vocal to keep him too. Bill is a super nice guy. Bottom line is folks are paid to accomplish tasks. Whether it is to coach players up, to find the right players, to put the right folks on the field, to produce. No one said it's easy. Matter of fact I've only coached youth football and it's tough ( we did win our championship). It's a tough job with many demands I'm sure. In business you are expected to produce whether it's insurance or stocks/bonds, car sales, TV's, anything. He was obviously a well liked coach but something was amiss. Either the plans were appropriate and the players weren't or the players were and the plans were not. Many folks could predict plays all to often. Hopefully something better comes to fruition for all involved

Im going to say something that won’t be popular but I honestly don’t think Legg had that much to do with our attendance.

There is a disconnect with a decent sized segment of our fan base and I think it has more to do with Hamrick than who the coach is.

The crowds I saw at the games this year were pitiful in terms of butts in seats and some of those games were when we still had a good record and were in the hunt for the CUSA title.

I hope Legg being the sacrificial lamb truly opens the flood gates of people coming back but I honestly wouldn’t bet on it.

Oh well I’ll be there and hopefully we get the Access Bowl next year.

Caliherd.....Since I do not receive Tweets from AD Mike Hamrick....I am curious what they contained last year. I have known Mike since around 2009...and I have always found him to love Marshall and speak positive things about our University. What has he said that disconnects some fans...or are some fans making false accusations toward him?

Herdzilla22 (Sweeney)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT