ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking News from Da Douche

Aaron Perkins

Jan 9, 2006
Huntington
Going to be a hard next few days for conditional Herd “fans” as the excuse list is taking a massive hit regarding reasons for not attending the game Wednesday against Louisiana.

A couple oldie but goodies were crossed off the list before the season even got started as the CF’s could no longer complain about wanting to play new teams, or previously good teams, or teams with a little bit of history as the Herd announced that the first home Sun Belt game would be a bowl game rematch against the Ragun Cagun of Louisiana.

CF’s wanted:

new qb - check
New OC - check
New AD - check
Win a big game - check
Have an exciting player - check as Laborn is second in the county in rushing

CF’s have always wondered why Marshall and Huntington can’t do certain things. Well this week Marshall breaks out an alternate helmet, and has a great week scheduled as the football game piggybacks on a super cool b-ball event on Thursday.

There are even stories going around of churches moving services or turning services into tailgate gatherings at the game.

Marshall athletics announced this week that every single student athlete in the nation can come to the game. Focusing on reconnecting the community to the program.

Would panic sit in?

Nah

At the weekly CF meeting of excuses two weeks ago the leaders said ,” don’t worry, it’s mid October in Huntington. We always have weather to lean on. It will be 40 and rainy. All the more reason to watch this on tv…..then complain about something on social media, win or lose.

But in breaking news, both local and national weather media have released that temperatures are expected to be 75 with no precipitation. Literal perfection.

How will this story play out. Will CF’s be forced to go.

Experts predict we will here a lot of the following this week

- high school events will be taking place, does Marshall not care…..Note, game scheduled well before high school non football schedules were released
- church and family. Game won’t be over till 10am. We have to work and get the little ‘uns to school.
- Troy and BG

So the list is dwindling. Will more local churches give in to community growth? Will parents allow kids to soldier through staying up to 1030 or, gasp, 11?

Marshall takes on Louisiana in a rematch from last years bowl game Wednesday night at 7.

Reactions: marshallsig
The idea of inviting local high school players is great EXCEPT players have to practice after school and then do homework. Great idea but why not invite them on any/all Saturdays? JMO

I’ll be pulling for Texas State, Southern Miss, UL Monroe and Arkansas State today.

I can’t travel (10 hours one way) for a midweek game, I’d be happy to transfer my tickets to anyone that can use them for the Louisiana game - 6 in total.

Perkins finally is right, those that can need to get out there and fill up the Joan next Wednesday. As disappointing as the Troy and BG games were the GW attendance was bullshit.

I’ll be pulling for Texas State, Southern Miss, UL Monroe and Arkansas State today.

I can’t travel (10 hours one way) for a midweek game, I’d be happy to transfer my tickets to anyone that can use them for the Louisiana game - 6 in total.

Perkins finally is right, those that can need to get out there and fill up the Joan next Wednesday. As disappointing as the Troy and BG games were the GW attendance was bullshit.
If you're selling tickets, I'm interested. Haven't gotten mine for the game yet.

Let me know when you get them

IslandHerd1, I'm the guy who sat in front of you and your sisters at The App State game last year. Did you guys make it through Ian with minimal damage? Our neighbors have a place of Jekyll Island and other than some flooding and a few downed tress, there was not real damage to speak of.

IslandHerd1, I'm the guy who sat in front of you and your sisters at The App State game last year. Did you guys make it through Ian with minimal damage? Our neighbors have a place of Jekyll Island and other than some flooding and a few downed tress, there was not real damage to speak of.
Everything was all good where we are, that last shift East before landfall really saved us. A few hour power outage and some trees down in the neighborhood was the extent of it thankfully.

You going to the Ga Southern game?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT