ADVERTISEMENT

Fan Amenities at JCE Stadium

I'd agree with 1999 here too. Inflatable that can be stored and taken down. Yet something like that would be huge for the family Dad wanting to appease a restless child. Put it near a non drinking family section as well so access is easy.

I'll say one more time though before we do any changes, just basic the basic aforementioned maintenance would be a huge step in the right direction.

Inflatables before the game, not during the game. The object is to keep people IN the stadium. Putting the inflatables up will force parents away from the game because I know I wouldn't just drop my kid off somewhere while I'm watching the game.

Parents need to just tell their child to sit there ass down and behave like our parents did to us. Too much appeasement towards kids and not enough parenting

I'd like to see everything you have listed.

Diversity of food choices would keep people in the stadium....maybe have some food truck vendors come in...have more than nachos with cheese dip and Stewarts Hot Dogs.....and sell beer. Cold beer. Plenty of beer.

TV screens throughout the concourse areas, for sure.

You could capture alot of additional cash from the fans with the above improvements, if managed properly.

smokin.r191677.gif

Agreed chemist. Why not offer to vendors to set up their own food sales stand and take a % of the sales as a simple way to improve food offerings. If there's a micro brewery anywhere in the Tri state allow them to set up a stand. Call in Stewart's then WV BBQ and even a luxury caterer. With all this new space to add an outdoor grilling area behind the visitors side would be easy.

Again build a nice fence , get rid of the chain link for Gods sakes, and have a storage area built to put all these items in after each game and between seasons.

VTs fenced in area is nice. They used a combo of brick and stone and fence to create a great look.

Agreed chemist. Why not offer to vendors to set up their own food sales stand and take a % of the sales as a simple way to improve food offerings. If there's a micro brewery anywhere in the Tri state allow them to set up a stand. Call in Stewart's then WV BBQ and even a luxury caterer. With all this new space to add an outdoor grilling area behind the visitors side would be easy.

Again build a nice fence , get rid of the chain link for Gods sakes, and have a storage area built to put all these items in after each game and between seasons.

VTs fenced in area is nice. They used a combo of brick and stone and fence to create a great look.

it's not that easy, or simple at all, since sodexho owns exclusive rights to all food services on campus, including the joan.

it's not that easy, or simple at all, since sodexho owns exclusive rights to all food services on campus, including the joan.

This. I wouldn't look for any great offerings as long as Sodexho is involved. Food options all over campus is absolute garbage.

I've refrained from giving my opinion on anything so far, but I have to comment on this.

I like most of the ideas on here. The more expensive options may not come for a while, but it would not be that difficult to at least sell beer and improve the food options. For those who say selling beer would create chaos, my opinion is that people who tend to overindulge outside the stadium would consume less if it cost $7 a beer like at WVU. And Marshall could actually make money off this instead of it all going to stores that sell beer. Unfortunately, the beer sales probably won't come until more of the conservative fans die off or stop attending. Harsh, I know, but I believe MU is afraid to lose these peoples' support by selling alcohol. I have been to Marshall @ WVU games before and after they sold beer, and I don't think fans behaved any worse than they always did.

Less controversial would be to upgrade the food options. I miss the days when Old Village Roasters was allowed to sell fresh roasted peanuts instead of the sad, stale bags sold by Sodexo. I heard Sodexo wanted them out, but we still have other local businesses like Rick's Old Fashioned Lemonade and the kettle corn business. Really the only thing that tastes good at the stadium besides the lemonade and kettle corn are the philly cheesesteaks, and they are expensive and only available at one stand. When I lived in the dorms at MU, some of Sodexo's food wasn't that bad, but it seems like they sell the most unhealthy, tasteless and old fashioned food they can at the athletic events. Why not veggie trays, cheese sticks, barbecue or even ethnic food? Besides being expensive, pretty much all the concessions are unhealthy and not filling. Nachos with no meat, pretzels and movie theatre popcorn are all fluff.

Sorry to rant, but I am tired of having to either leave at halftime to go to a fast food restaurant or be hungry all game because I just can't justify spending $9 for a small pizza with no cheese or flavor.

Reactions: Mike Gwinn
WVU will begin construction this summer to widen the east and west concourses at Milan Puskar Stadium to alleviate congestion and to provide a better fan experience. They are also adding more restrooms and concessions as well as TV monitors in the concourses.

WVU realizes its not just about the game anymore. Hope we realize it soon too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT