ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Marshall vs Middle Tennessee

They have already commented we arent very fired up.... why wouldnt we come out hyped up i mean we are the underdog for the first time in a long time and we have to win this game..... ugh..... cmon Herd we got this! Hopefully we were just feeling them out seeing how their defense reacted to certain looks

Helllll yeaaaahhhh gonna be a good day. They are showing some fire this drive

I have missed this more up tempo pace. I am glad they are finally showing more confidence in litton and allowing him to run and make some plays

The QB for MTSU has struggles throwing accurate passes over 10 yards, he is great with screen and quick hitters. He is also not very mobile, we need to blitz him until he pukes his guts out. We need to press up on their WR"s on the line.

May seem knee jerk just really excited for this game and didnt expect them to come out so flat in 1st series. Expected them to play like 2nd drive. Agree litton and allen are miles apart so far but im sure theyll figure it out though. Biggest game litton has played in so far and it is on the road...he will adjust and be fine

Last edited:
And here comes super fan island to tell everyone what to say and how to behave. :rolleyes:
Yea... it is a game thread so i react the same as i would if we were all hanging out watching the game together in person... thought that was the point of this thread each week.... oh well as long as it gets others talking i suppose haha go herd!

Litton not looking good. Throwing off his back foot. Gotta get that fixed! Let's settle down and play Herd ball!

Backyard football lmao i know i wouldve been disappointed to lose that ball but man that was fun to watch

Our offense is just ugly. They have huge DT's and Barber in the middle yet we still try to force it up the gut. Ugh!

I don't know wolf I've questioned the same thing. The inside run isn't there and probably won't be. We are better on the perimeter, which is where we need to focus. Also, our defense is getting shredded between the 20's. Right now we are getting outplayed and MTSU is going to eventually break through

The O line looks to still be having problems in the running game. We are very fortunate Middle Tennessee has fumbled twice in the redzone or we would be losing this game. We need a get a few things ironed out.

Reactions: IslandHerd1
Heater is good for adjustments but it wont matter if he doesnt rip them a new one for poor tackling.... "gotta get that fixed" lmao

Ok, the reset button has been hit. Time for them to regroup and refocus. The defense has given up 252 yards in a quarter and a half. Need a better effort from everywhere.

Reactions: joeyb184
Things to get together fast:

Litton's Accuracy.

Defense arm tackling. Not once, twice, but 7 times so far in the first half.

Coverage or lack of it.

I think it may be only a matter of time until they blow us out if the defense doesn't improve. We have made two good defensive plays to force TOs but that is it. They already have 252 yards of offense and it is only mid-way through the 2nd Qtr. We need a 7 minutes drive that results in a TD.

Missing some tackles and not capitalizing on their mistakes. Gotta get it together and play some football

2 fumbles by MT and nothing to show for it.

Now we have the ignorant penalties showing up again.

Safe to say the last 3 seasons, every loss we have had has been by our own destruction.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT