ADVERTISEMENT

I think we need to hit up the FCS kids in the portal.

Catfanatic1979v1

Gold Buffalo
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2006
I think given the position that Huff is in means we need an infusion of kids with starting experience. Huff can't afford long term projects while he is fighting for his job. That will have to come from kids looking to go to a more visible school. FCS, CUSA, and the MAC would all fit that bill.

On top of that, I think we should look at kids from teams we have played this year. We essentially already have them scouted. I also hope whoever we hire can get a starter to come with them. Coaches love guys they can trust.

We can't keep putting band-aids on bullet wounds... If we are going to try to recruit the portal hard, and all indications are Huff will, we need to be focussed on players with a minimum of 2 years of eligibility (preferably more).

It takes continuity to build a consistent winning program, and bringing in a bunch of one-year stop gaps isn't the way to do that, especially on the offensive side of the ball.

We can't keep putting band-aids on bullet wounds... If we are going to try to recruit the portal hard, and all indications are Huff will, we need to be focussed on players with a minimum of 2 years of eligibility (preferably more).

It takes continuity to build a consistent winning program, and bringing in a bunch of one-year stop gaps isn't the way to do that, especially on the offensive side of the ball.

I agree about eligibility. But I think Huff is going to recruit the portal like his butt is on fire from the hotseat he is sitting on. I imagine he will favor starting experience with quite a few realistic upside plays hoping to land a Hail Mary or three on talent. We might even bring in a few kids who got into trouble and had to leave.

Last edited:
Reactions: RhinoD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT