ADVERTISEMENT

Man today's players are soft

He didn’t write that. I really wish players would say coach so and so is an idiot so I’m leaving. I’m mad I don’t play I’m leaving. I’m baby momma is crazy so I’m getting away from her. It would make things so much more entertaining

Reactions: RhinoD
Leach will let you know just where you stand on his team and he doesn't hold back. If you don't give your best or don't have the right attitude, hit the portal he don't need you.

Last edited:
Reactions: BleedsGreen33
He didn’t write that. I really wish players would say coach so and so is an idiot so I’m leaving. I’m mad I don’t play I’m leaving. I’m baby momma is crazy so I’m getting away from her. It would make things so much more entertaining
Im all for more honesty...

"I'd like to thank all the fans, coaches and staff of _________ University, but due to the fact that I am the 8th man on the depth chart, the head coach doesn't know my name, and the overly intense academic schedule I've decided to enter the portal. I hope I can find a place with less overall talent where I will be able to be the big fish in the small pond like I was in high school while coasting to a physical education degree."

Im all for more honesty...

"I'd like to thank all the fans, coaches and staff of _________ University, but due to the fact that I am the 8th man on the depth chart, the head coach doesn't know my name, and the overly intense academic schedule I've decided to enter the portal. I hope I can find a place with less overall talent where I will be able to be the big fish in the small pond like I was in high school while coasting to a physical education degree."
That would have worked two years ago. Now we need to amend this to include aomething about going where they can get paid more.

For example the starters leaving Alabama. They're not looking for a better team. They've entered free agency and are looking for the biggest deal.

Why do they have to write all this flowery bull shit? What's next ? Poems? Singing ? A choir? Marching Band playing while you are announcing you are leaving? He even says Endless Love. Like that song.

College football. Man I love it, but it is becoming stupid.

I find this hilarious. Kid is poking fun at himself while also calling out that clown Leach.

Johnson has multiple years of productivity in the SEC on his resume. I’d bet he lands on his feet.
Why is Leach a clown other than that he’s hilarious?

I think we’re ignoring the underlying issue. Kids today actually believe that everybody cares about what they do, that people hang on their every word. They want the likes and affirmations from strangers because either their egos are fragile or their sense of self importance is overblown.

They are no different than the suburban moms that wish their 2 year old happy birthday on Facebook so all their friends say how sweet and cute the kid is and what a great mom she is.

He is hilarious for sure. I just think he’s an asshole who never takes blame for anything. Seems to consistently throw his players under the bus. Clown may have been a touch strong.
Maybe he does, but he also doesn't sugar coat things and today's players can't handle criticism.

His halftime locker room rant at Texas Tech is all-time great.

Even John Wooden would probably struggle to reach today's entitled player.

Reactions: Chris McLaughlin
I think we’re ignoring the underlying issue. Kids today actually believe that everybody cares about what they do, that people hang on their every word. They want the likes and affirmations from strangers because either their egos are fragile or their sense of self importance is overblown.

They are no different than the suburban moms that wish their 2 year old happy birthday on Facebook so all their friends say how sweet and cute the kid is and what a great mom she is.
This times a million...

My 14 year old stepdaughter will see some dumb shit on TikTok or Snapchat... Come in the room and tell me said random nonsense, which I will point out is completely made up/false, and then she will spend half an hour arguing about it because she reposted it and now its getting a lot of likes and heart emojis (which means the nonsense must be legit/true).

• Sad

Well, obviously these "kids today" are not wrong-- you are proving that yourself lol.

The fact that you are personally writing about this player's post clearly shows that some random Marshall fan in WV cares about this individual player, even down to the wording the players uses in a single tweet.

I am not sure if your post was meant to be humorous, or if you really fail to see this. Fans, and even random people from 1000+ miles away care about what the player does, and they do (or at least you in particular), hang on their every word.

Reactions: ThunderDrunk304

While I don’t disagree with a lot of what you have here a thread was created to discuss this kid and it has absolutely nothing to do with Marshall.

So, there is justification for these players thinking people hang on their every word. That’s literally what we’re doing. Aren’t the people like us part of the underlying issue?

The adults are quick to throw the youth under the bus when the adults are contributing to the problem and don’t see it.

Well, obviously these "kids today" are not wrong-- you are proving that yourself lol.

The fact that you are personally writing about this player's post clearly shows that some random Marshall fan in WV cares about this individual player, even down to the wording the players uses in a single tweet.

I am not sure if your post was meant to be humorous, or if you really fail to see this. Fans, and even random people from 1000+ miles away care about what the player does, and they do (or at least you in particular), hang on their every word.

Sorry, but that’s a horrible, convoluted, take. I don’t have Facebook, Twitter, instagram or Tic Tock. I don’t follow anyone because I don’t care what random athletes or individuals think they know.

I go to sports message boards, Marshall particularly, because I like keeping up with our sports teams. I go to a few political boards (on sports related sites) because you get an overview of how people around the country view current events and you learn their personalities because you have interacted with the same people about sports.

A secondary point, someone posting some quote from this kid doesn’t mean they care about what he said or that it was him that said it. They just used it as one example of what they see as wrong with student athletes today.

If you want to play “gotcha” you need to be a little more insightful and less assumptive.

While I don’t disagree with a lot of what you have here a thread was created to discuss this kid and it has absolutely nothing to do with Marshall.

So, there is justification for these players thinking people hang on their every word. That’s literally what we’re doing. Aren’t the people like us part of the underlying issue?

The adults are quick to throw the youth under the bus when the adults are contributing to the problem and don’t see it.
I didn't start it to talk about this kid. More like the state of college football in general. I really don't care about the kid at all. I thought it was hilarious when I saw it and thought everyone would get a laugh out of it.

Sorry, but that’s a horrible, convoluted, take. I don’t have Facebook, Twitter, instagram or Tic Tock. I don’t follow anyone because I don’t care what random athletes or individuals think they know.

I go to sports message boards, Marshall particularly, because I like keeping up with our sports teams. I go to a few political boards (on sports related sites) because you get an overview of how people around the country view current events and you learn their personalities because you have interacted with the same people about sports.

A secondary point, someone posting some quote from this kid doesn’t mean they care about what he said or that it was him that said it. They just used it as one example of what they see as wrong with student athletes today.

If you want to play “gotcha” you need to be a little more insightful and less assumptive.

I am not making assumptions, just pointing out the facts. You plainly stated,

"Kids today actually believe that everybody cares about what they do, that people hang on their every word."

I simply pointed out these these "kids" are obviously correct, in that you (along with myself and the other poster) are proving the kids correct.

If you, along with myself and the other posters here, care enough about the specific wording of a tweet from a player 1000 miles away- just imagine how much the actual fans of the team care about this player and his words.

Sort of off topic but there were some hard players in the Utah USC game. Utah is a hard hitting hard charging team. USC punched back as much as they could until they were ultimately out punched. I have not watched Utah, but now I have become a fan of the program.

I didn't start it to talk about this kid. More like the state of college football in general. I really don't care about the kid at all. I thought it was hilarious when I saw it and thought everyone would get a laugh out of it.
It was funny. A new generation of Brandon and Karen's out there for sure.

Sort of off topic but there were some hard players in the Utah USC game. Utah is a hard hitting hard charging team. USC punched back as much as they could until they were ultimately out punched. I have not watched Utah, but now I have become a fan of the program.
Utah's QB is tough as nails. Dude was smiling as he got blown up and then sprang back up.

I disagree about USC though. Their defense for the most part was pretty soft and at times looked afraid to tackle.

I do wonder how differently that game turns out if Caleb Williams doesn't get hurt.

"Kids today actually believe that everybody cares about what they do, that people hang on their every word."

I simply pointed out these these "kids" are obviously correct, in that you (along with myself and the other poster) are proving the kids correct.

Yeah, I didn’t even read the tweet past the first few lines and can’t tell you the name of the athlete unless I scroll up and read it. So no, I don’t care. You only need to read a few words to see it’s just another “look at me”, social media, I need affirmation post.

Oh, and posting to say it’s worthless isn’t an indication that it is worthwhile. Taking the time to say I don’t care doesn’t indicate that I do. Again, that’s just bad logic on your side.

Happy Guitar GIF by IFHT Films

This times a million...

My 14 year old stepdaughter will see some dumb shit on TikTok or Snapchat... Come in the room and tell me said random nonsense, which I will point out is completely made up/false, and then she will spend half an hour arguing about it because she reposted it and now its getting a lot of likes and heart emojis (which means the nonsense must be legit/true).
Take the phone from your 14 year old

How are we proving them correct? How are we giving them the attention they desire when we are not interacting with them directly or reinforcing their egos with publicly direct contact (which is what they are after) on social media?

Reactions: Rock98Dog
How are we proving them correct? How are we giving them the attention they desire when we are not interacting with them directly or reinforcing their egos with publicly direct contact (which is what they are after) on social media?
It’s like when someone says they feel like a dog today or a cat, and we, the non dogs or cats say, that has to be the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.

Then everyone that has no ability to think for themselves says, “HOW DARE YOU TELL THEM THEY ARE STUPID AND NOT A DOG OR A CAT! See this is the problem all you people trying to deny these poor innocent souls of their rights to express there inner most feelings. Your proving to everyone that they are correct and we should allow the litter boxes in the schools. They don’t want attention they want to be treated normal.

• Wow
Reactions: ru4_mu2
It’s like when someone says they feel like a dog today or a cat, and we, the non dogs or cats say, that has to be the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.

Then everyone that has no ability to think for themselves says, “HOW DARE YOU TELL THEM THEY ARE STUPID AND NOT A DOG OR A CAT! See this is the problem all you people trying to deny these poor innocent souls of their rights to express there inner most feelings. Your proving to everyone that they are correct and we should allow the litter boxes in the schools. They don’t want attention they want to be treated normal.
Well damn. I was trying to take the day off.

Looks like a double shift now.

Take the phone from your 14 year old
Haha... Good one.

Aside from the obvious, like she plays sports, has friends, etc and we need to be able to communicate... All the kids have school-issued I-pads that they do their classwork and homework on. So there is no taking away technology nowadays once a kid is out of elementary school.

My concern isn't her amount of time on the phone, or even necessarily that she is too into social media, as much as it is she (and her peer group) have such limited critical thinking skills, they think dumb shit they see on social media is gospel and they validate their misguided opinions based on the number of thumbs up emojis they get. We are going to end up in an era of opinions being construed as facts, if we aren't already.

Why do they have to write all this flowery bull shit? What's next ? Poems? Singing ? A choir? Marching Band playing while you are announcing you are leaving? He even says Endless Love. Like that song.
Maybe we will now start to see "Un-signing Ceremonies" complete with parents behind them. " I will now be taking my talents to the Transfer Portal"

• Haha
Reactions: i am herdman
Newspapers are calling the situation “dire” which is newspaper code for not going to turn out well.

I always liked his takes on things.

Reactions: RhinoD
Here is Sit all Broken Hearted
Came to Play Ball
But Never Started

I am entering the portal

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT