ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL GAME THREAD Marshall @ S. Miss

It's how their taught. Doc said in a QB Club Luncheon they don't want them being beat deep so they're taught to play the WR's eyes.

Another pass interference because the DB doesn't turn around. If that's the way the coaches teach them, the coaches need to try something different. These penalties are too costly

So done with Doc Holliday. I have been a big Doc guy, but I'm done. We are horribly coached.

Basketball season tips off on Wednesday, football season is over. We'll go to another dinky bowl game, but this season the Herds impressive bowl record takes a hit.

Reactions: ilmherdfan
7-4 and 3rd in the east which is the weaker side of the pitiful conference.

This is like a losing season. Wasted so much talent on offense.

7-4 and 3rd in the east which is the weaker side of the pitiful conference.

This is like a losing season. Wasted so much talent on offense.

How dare you say this is a pitiful conference. Don't you know these teams like ODU, UNCC, and UTSA have so much potential. We should be lucky to be here.

Reactions: ilmherdfan
[
As Marshall fans we should just know going in the refs are never going to do us any favors. We have to play two teams each week. The opposing team and the refs.

Yeah, it's that whole Appalachian discrimination thing. I hear the NCAA is looking into only using officials from WV and Kentucky for Marshall games, because all officials have a bias against Marshall.

Thank goodness basketball tips off before the next football game.

Here’s the Doc postgame: “They made plays and we didn’t.”

Reactions: Herd-in-ATL
I hope not Ohio will kick our A$$

Probably. I think it's a legitimate question if we are even going to make a bowl game at this point. How much will this team hang its head because the championship is no longer on the table. UNCC beat USM last week and we haven't exactly dominated them in the last two seasons. As a matter of fact didn't they beat us the last time they were Huntington. I have no idea what UTSA has at this point, but we got beat by them last year because of Doc's lackluster coaching. You know that if FIU is still in the mix they're going to be laser focused. Not only is the game down there, but is playing spoiler enough for this team to be motivated?

Man this is pathetic.

Probably. I think it's a legitimate question if we are even going to make a bowl game at this point. How much will this team hang its head because the championship is no longer on the table. UNCC beat USM last week and we haven't exactly dominated them in the last two seasons. As a matter of fact didn't they beat us the last time they were Huntington. I have no idea what UTSA has at this point, but we got beat by them last year because of Doc's lackluster coaching. You know that if FIU is still in the mix they're going to be laser focused. Not only is the game down there, but is playing spoiler enough for this team to be motivated?

Man this is pathetic.

I feel yeah... There is some really nice talent on this team, but they never seemed to be prepared like they should. Which is what's so disappointing. I know Pruitt is not walking through the door again, but damn, at least his teams were prepared.

I feel yeah... There is some really nice talent on this team, but they never seemed to be prepared like they should. Which is what's so disappointing. I know Pruitt is not walking through the door again, but damn, at least his teams were prepared.

Same thing happened under Bob. He started getting lazy in his final years. To boot he was cheating. Save for 2012 the first half of Doc's time here was pretty good and got great in 2014. Everything was supposed to trend up after that. Recruiting should have gotten better and we should have started dominating this conference.

Instead Doc lazy while the other teams that circled us on their schedules raised their efforts and took it to us. Brohm and WKU made it a point to embarrass every year and they did. Doc never took it personal and it showed.

Doc finally makes a change at OC and then handcuffs the guy. This is not what he has been calling the last several years at his other stops. I can tell you for a fact that Legg and Doc got into some pretty heated arguments, sometimes during games, because Doc was not letting Legg be as aggressive as he wanted.

Doc Holliday has become a lazy coach that has zero drive. Great coaches don't have teams like we have. All the talent we have and the competition we face week in and week out in this crap conference. This is completely unacceptable. If you argue otherwise then you are just in the tank for Doc or you're just being a mouthpiece of the staff because you are scared to death of your access being cut off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT