ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL GAME THREAD Marshall vs Ohio

No game is perfect and you should know that as a coach. Coaches are always looking to improve and looking at the game to see what they could do better and improve. You all grade players out on this very site. No game is perfect.

We didn't play a good third quarter, coach. Gave up 31 on defense as well. But, Ohio did have a very talented qb.

A few things:

Compared to week two's 2nd half, MU made improvements.
Offense made adjustments and could move the ball...as seen in the FOURTH quarter.
Green showed he can throw and lead.
Special teams proved their 'expert' wrong, ours was a little better.
MU actually did what Boise did to them a week before...drove down the field, ate up clock, and took a knee at the end.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
What are you demanding?

Marshall won. Marshall had 500 yards of offense. Marshall finished with no turnovers and only two penalties for 20 yards. They were prepared and played well.

All people talked about was how this game was going to be a challenge for Doc and MU.
The game goes about the way I expected it to.
MU wins a close one against a team who always shows up regardless of how good they actually are.

Fans complain.

Lol. I’m actually proud that you posted ANYTHING after a win. Usually you just ghost the Fvck out
Really? I participate in most game threads and other discussions about football. I have us picked to win our division with a 10 win season(counting bowl game and CUSA championship game appearance).

I think the biggest concern is the lack of scoring in the 2nd half. Seems Doc is getting out-schemed in the locker room at halftime.
He got out-schemed the second half at Boise. Out-schemed third quarter against Ohio. I was thinking just into fourth quarter we were going to be shut out for two complete second halves. Thank goodness I was wrong.

Frank Solich was getting out-schemed in the first and second quarters, then at halftime he started talking to his assistant coaches and they were like, "Frank, you can do this!" He came back out fired up and schemed his old, withered heart out, but it wasn't enough. Doc took the body blows and then schemed a touchdown drive right back at him. One of the best-schemed games I've ever witnessed!

Frank Solich was getting out-schemed in the first and second quarters, then at halftime he started talking to his assistant coaches and they were like, "Frank, you can do this!" He came back out fired up and schemed his old, withered heart out, but it wasn't enough. Doc took the body blows and then schemed a touchdown drive right back at him. One of the best-schemed games I've ever witnessed!

I'll need to review the final schematics of this post before giving final approval.

Reactions: herdalicious
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT