ADVERTISEMENT

My take on the Confederate Flag

The Framers would be appalled that the 2nd Amendment is used so that the general public can purchase a weapon that allows them to mow down 20 of their neighbors in less than 10 seconds.

Say whatever you want but you don't need an AR-15.

The Framers would be appalled that the 2nd Amendment is used so that the general public can purchase a weapon that allows them to mow down 20 of their neighbors in less than 10 seconds.

Why do I need a shotgun or a 22 rifle? People could wreak some havoc with a shotgun. One weapon the Israeli Army uses is a 22 Ruger rifle. It wreaks havoc on the Gaza Strip.

The founders would actually probably like it that citizens could have the modern day musket. The AR15 is the modern day musket. No different than the musket was, lever action rifle was, and the M1903 Springfield, and the list goes on.

How about a link to back that up...
That the assault weapons ban TAKES guns away from people.

The President has stated that he believes the US should follow Australia's gun laws. As with my list above, notice the word BAN. It does not say stop production, it says ban and also allows for the Attorney General to add to the list at will. Australia BANNED the weapons and there was a mandatory buy back of those weapons.

Again, does not say stop production from this day forward it says BAN.

You can look it up yourself and form you own opinions. I am not going to be your google search engine. As I told my son in school, more information is available at your finger tips than any other time in history. Don't be lazy. It only takes a second or two to search.

Again......The always unanswered question is, "why do you need an AR-15 or AK-47?"

Again......The always unanswered question is, "why do you need an AR-15 or AK-47?"

What answer could I provide you that you would accept? You don't have to get one. You don't want me to have one. You don't even know if I own one.

But, if I were to make a decision to buy one, these thoughts could come into play.

1)It is a legal constitutional right to do so.
2)I enjoy shooting and having one
3)It is a weapon I used in the military
4)I like firearms
5)The cops have one and I want one to. They must think they are good as well.
6)They are downright fun to shoot.
7)Everybody has a hobby now and then.
8)I plan ahead for the protection of my family, myself, and property.
9)Why not have one?
10)Had extra room in a gun safe?
11)My wife thinks it is sexy.
12)This is my weapon and this is my gun.
13)I don't like bolt actions as much
14)I want to hunt coyotes with it. Don't know it looks fun.
15)Something else to collect dust
16)Because I can, damn it.

Doesn't matter the reason, you won't like it.

The President has stated that he believes the US should follow Australia's gun laws. As with my list above, notice the word BAN. It does not say stop production, it says ban and also allows for the Attorney General to add to the list at will. Australia BANNED the weapons and there was a mandatory buy back of those weapons.

Again, does not say stop production from this day forward it says BAN.

You can look it up yourself and form you own opinions. I am not going to be your google search engine. As I told my son in school, more information is available at your finger tips than any other time in history. Don't be lazy. It only takes a second or two to search.

I'll take that as you cannot find a single link where Obama has stated he wants to take guns away from people.

I take it you are being lazy. www.GOOGLE.Com

Nope. I looked before I asked the question. I have not found a credible source stating that Obama wants to take guns from American citizens. Neither have you. It might be that such a link does not exist. If you can't find a link, just man up and say so.

What answer could I provide you that you would accept? You don't have to get one. You don't want me to have one. You don't even know if I own one.

But, if I were to make a decision to buy one, these thoughts could come into play.

1)It is a legal constitutional right to do so.
2)I enjoy shooting and having one
3)It is a weapon I used in the military
4)I like firearms
5)The cops have one and I want one to. They must think they are good as well.
6)They are downright fun to shoot.
7)Everybody has a hobby now and then.
8)I plan ahead for the protection of my family, myself, and property.
9)Why not have one?
10)Had extra room in a gun safe?
11)My wife thinks it is sexy.
12)This is my weapon and this is my gun.
13)I don't like bolt actions as much
14)I want to hunt coyotes with it. Don't know it looks fun.
15)Something else to collect dust
16)Because I can, damn it.

Doesn't matter the reason, you won't like it.

None of the above equate to "need"........There is no valid reason or need for anyone outside of the military or law enforcement to own an automatic rifle.

Regular Joes can't own automatic weapons. Haven't been able to since 1934. Collectors and some others can apply for a stamp. But it is very regulated.

I don't own automatic weapon and can't legally own one.

None of the above equate to "need"........There is no valid reason or need for anyone outside of the military or law enforcement to own an automatic rifle.

Isn't that pretty much the reason for the second amendment?

Regular Joes can't own automatic weapons. Haven't been able to since 1934. Collectors and some others can apply for a stamp. But it is very regulated.

I don't own automatic weapon and can't legally own one.

Sorry......Semi-automatic with an unlimited clip. Still needless.......

Isn't that pretty much the reason for the second amendment?

That's exactly the argument that has been going on for decades........Could the Framers of the Constitution ever have anticipated the type of weapons now available to the general public? The 2nd Amendment was also composed in very different times, obviously.

Unlimited clips?

How about a 12 gauge pump with 8 shots and buck shot? Or a lever action with 10 shots?

Why do you think the local cop has more of a right than we do?

What about semi automatic pistols?

What was the point of the 2nd amendment?

The framers would also most likely be "appalled" that gay men need to be married and that one no longer needs to own a black family as property. With that said, I'll stick with the overall consensus on what liberals usually think about what the founding fathers thought in most every other circumstancial debate...."who gives a shit!"

Nope. I looked before I asked the question. I have not found a credible source stating that Obama wants to take guns from American citizens. Neither have you. It might be that such a link does not exist. If you can't find a link, just man up and say so.

Crickets?

That's exactly the argument that has been going on for decades........Could the Framers of the Constitution ever have anticipated the type of weapons now available to the general public? The 2nd Amendment was also composed in very different times, obviously.
So we should limit the cops and military to flintlock muskets! I think they were smarter that what you give them credit for. Technology was changing even in those times and oh for a couple of hundred years the 2nd Amendment could have been over turned.

There is a reason we have a 2nd Amendment and isn't so we have the right to hunt deer for two weeks in November. You argument would like saying the citizens could not have a musket at the time of the constitution. You can only have a spear or bow and error.

Last edited:

Extra, i agree and believe you are correct. Simply put, it is fear mongering from the string pullers of the extremes. Obama is basically no different than W was or any other. I enjoy my guns. I don't need large capacity, auto weapons. i'm fine with full background checks. I DESPISE the NRA. As times/culture change, SO DO laws need to change, but with common sense. Wingnuts on either side need to STOP living in FEAR...it's shameful, unpatriotic and un-American.

On public record wa ting to follow Australia gun laws. Look it up a d read what happened in australia.

Chirp.

Why was the second amendment put in place?

Son Elmer Fudd could hint wabbits? Ot was it the ultimate balancing act of power between the people and tyrannical govt?

we have all the army/nat guard we need. if you want to be in the army, it is your freedom to sign up

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State(United States Of America), the right of the people(militia) to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

KKK is rallying on July 18th at the SC capital steps. Which one of you will be in attendance

we have all the army/nat guard we need. if you want to be in the army, it is your freedom to sign up

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State(United States Of America), the right of the people(militia) to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

LMAO, you can't be serious? You want all the guns in the hands of the Army? And, I say that as a person who has wore that uniform.

I am not sure many true scholars of the constitution believe what you just wrote.

Serious question. Do you think all guns should be banned. If you had power of dominion for one day, would you take them all away and just let the military have them?

KKK is rallying on July 18th at the SC capital steps. Which one of you will be in attendance

rifle probably will be. But, seriously, the KKK is not even a relevant organization anymore. Usually just a few absurd loud mouths that don't represent anyone but themselves.

Someone doesn't understand what the "Bill of Rights" is all about. Not surprised MUonium agrees with Greed.

On public record wa ting to follow Australia gun laws. Look it up a d read what happened in australia.

Chirp.

Why was the second amendment put in place?

Obama has spoke of Australian gun control laws as a ban on the sale and manufacture of similar weapons. If you can find where Obama wants to take guns from anyone, provide the link. Or man up and admit there is no such link.

You need to read what the Australia gun ban did and how it worked.

Obama has stated that his plan would not take guns from Americans. It would ban the manufacture and sales of guns on the "banned" list. Or you can continue to make things up.

Obama has stated that his plan would not take guns from Americans. It would ban the manufacture and sales of guns on the "banned" list. Or you can continue to make things up.

What happens when you own something that becomes "banned" to own?

Did you read about the buy back in Australia? Yepppp

Look at all the restrictions, but yehhhh you can technically own firearms. And you are comfortable giving the Attorney General in this country the authority to add and take away from a list like this.

Not, me. I won't ever turn them in.

Firearms in Australia are grouped into categories set out in the National Firearm Agreement, with different levels of control. The categories are:

• Category B: Centrefire rifles (not semi-automatic), muzzleloading firearms made after 1 January 1901. Apart from a "Genuine Reason", a "Genuine Need" must be demonstrated, including why a Category A firearm would not be suitable.
  • Category C: Self-loading rimfire rifles holding 10 or fewer rounds and pump-action or self-loading shotguns holding 5 or fewer rounds. Category C firearms are strongly restricted: only primary producers, occupational shooters, collectors and some clay target shooters can own functional Category C firearms.
  • Category D: Self-loading centrefire rifles, pump-action or self-loading shotguns holding more than 5 rounds. Functional Category D firearms are restricted to government agencies and a few occupational shooters. Collectors may own deactivated Category D firearms.
  • Category H: Handguns including air pistols and deactivated handguns. Neither South Australia nor Western Australia require deactivated handguns to be regarded as handguns after deactivation. This situation[when?] prompted the deactivation and diversion of thousands of handguns to the black market in Queensland[vague] – the loophole[which?] shut since 2001) This class is available to target shooters and certain security guards whose job requires possession of a firearm. To be eligible for a Category H firearm, a target shooter must serve a probationary period of 6 months using club handguns, after which they may apply for a permit. A minimum number of matches yearly to retain each category of handgun and be a paid-up member of an approved pistol club. [3]
These categories – A,B,C,D and H were those determined by the NFA. The others listed here are determined by the states that have implement them at their own discretion.

Target shooters are limited to handguns of .38 or 9mm calibre or less and magazines may hold a maximum of 10 rounds. Participants in certain "approved" pistol competitions may acquire handguns up to .45", currently Single Action Shooting and Metallic Silhouette. IPSC shooting is approved for 9mm/.38/.357 sig, handguns that meet the IPSC rules, but larger calibres are not approved for IPSC handgun shooting contests in Australia.[4] Category H barrels must be at least 100mm (3.94") long for revolvers, and 120mm (4.72") for semi-automatic pistols unless the pistols are clearly ISSF target pistols; magazines are restricted to 10 rounds. Handguns held as part of a collection were exempted from these limits.

A well regulated militia was need in the South to control the enslaved african population.

At one time it was illegal to be black in Ohio as well. The North loved the low priced cotton for their factories.

Oh and I guess the well regulated militia was needed in the North to control the Irish immigrants that came in as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT