ADVERTISEMENT

Question for the wvu lurkers

Now you have proven to me you have absolutely no clue what you’re talking about. Your hate for WVU just clouds your logical thinking and you grasp at straws hoping for something to happen to WVU so our fans can be as miserable as you.

First, you obviously have no clue what a mid-major is. You’re twisting the semantics to fit your agenda. Any university outside of the Power 5 football conferences shall be considered a mid-major. It gets more complex when discussing basketball because of schools like Villanova, but you should get the point. An institution with a $110+ million athletics operating budget isn’t getting relegated to becoming a mid-major. It’s just not going to happen.

Pitt and VT had NO say on whether WVU got in the ACC. The fact that you don’t know that tells me you’re clueless. VT had initially been planned to be left out until the VA legislature jumped in and strong-armed UVA, forcing them to support VPI’s inclusion. The Hokies had no power to exert as far as who gained acceptance to the conference. Pitt is even funnier. They made a “stand” right before they left and their chancellor and AD stated they were united with WVU in terms of their future conference affiliation and were committed to making the Big East stronger. Well, they lied and then they bolted in the middle of the night with Syracuse when the last-minute ACC invite arrived. They have absolutely no say in what happens in ACC land and do as they’re told by the Tobacco Road schools and UVA. UNC, Duke, and UVA run that conference and NC State, Wake Forest, and VPI do what those schools tell them to do.

Clemson and FSU might not care about WVU in particular, but they care about the lackluster football played in the rest of conference and the amount of money their peer schools are making. Do you not remember FSU’s BOT Chair publicly saying they should look at and evaluate other conference options (i.e. the Big 12) when it became clear the SEC, B1G, and Big 12 were making significantly more money in revenue and the conference landscape nationally was not stable around (2010-2012). That’s why the ACC leaders pushed to have a GOR signed. I can assure you that Clemson and FSU wanted WVU as one of the schools added when Pitt and Syracuse were invited. They wanted a school that put football first and that invested in athletics.

When it became clear that the schools running the ACC would always put basketball first and football would be an afterthought, they threatened to leave. There is a reason UL was invited instead of UConn after WVU joined the Big 12.

You can’t honestly think that WVU wasn’t invited to the SEC because of academics, can you? The two schools vying for one spot were WVU and Missouri and it came down to population, TV markets, and the number of TVs overall for the growing SEC Network, plain and simple. Go ask some real SEC fans what they think now about Missouri’s addition.

In case you didn't get my play on words mid-major...again, intelligence isn't a strong suit for wannabe degree holders from a school priding itself on serving everyone but WV.
Your budget is only because of the Big 12. If they ever left you out, you'd be back in the poor house and maybe hope to have half that in the following year.
But you wouldn't be able to financially sustain yourself because the wvu fans would follow Alabama if that happened.

I may not have gotten the details of the ACC right, but I did get one thing right about it.

wvu isn't in it.

I also find it great to know Missouri got into the SEC over wvu because of everything not involving football.

Which means if wvu only had football to offer, they'd still be left out because their football is terrible and they offer literally nothing else.
It shows college football only cares about money, which wvu doesn't have on its own.

Reactions: The Real SamC
When is the last time Marshall defeated the #7 basketball team in the country? When is the last time Marshall’s basketball team was ranked as high as #2 in the country? When was the last time Marshall advanced as far as the Sweet Sixteen?

Never

Ask those same questions about WVU and the answer to all of them is within the last year.

"When was the last time Marshall's basketball team forgot how to read and took the wrong plane to Arizona instead of Tennessee??"
-wvutothebig12

Reactions: 19MU88
In case you didn't get my play on words mid-major...again, intelligence isn't a strong suit for wannabe degree holders from a school priding itself on serving everyone but WV.
Your budget is only because of the Big 12. If they ever left you out, you'd be back in the poor house and maybe hope to have half that in the following year.
But you wouldn't be able to financially sustain yourself because the wvu fans would follow Alabama if that happened.

I may not have gotten the details of the ACC right, but I did get one thing right about it.

wvu isn't in it.

I also find it great to know Missouri got into the SEC over wvu because of everything not involving football.

Which means if wvu only had football to offer, they'd still be left out because their football is terrible and they offer literally nothing else.
It shows college football only cares about money, which wvu doesn't have on its own.

I understood your play on words perfectly fine. That’s why I used the term semantics. If that’s not in your vocabulary, I apologize.

Last edited:
Hey douchebag - you don’t come on here spewing ignorant shit about our members. That privilege is only extended to ourselves about each other. Take your disease-ridden carcass back to the holler you crawled out of - and wipe that toothless grin off your face.......internet toughguys are paper tigers.

Paper tiger. lol That’s rich. There isn’t anything I would say on here that I wouldn’t say to his face or yours. I’ll go where I please as I’ve said before. Continue to enjoy the free hospitality Rivals provides.

I’ve never lived anywhere near a holler in my life.

A relative of mine who knows a former AD for Duke says you're full of sh*t.
The ACC doesn't want your uneducated hillbilly fanbase involved with the ACC in any capacity.
Playing wvu on a schedule counts for community service.
If it be the wine and cheese crowd keeping you out, well hope you shoot up on some Meth for energy because you'll be banging on the door for inclusion for a while.

We already have a seat at the adult table.

Paper tiger. lol That’s rich. There isn’t anything I would say on here that I wouldn’t say to his face or yours. I’ll go where I please as I’ve said before. Continue to enjoy the free hospitality Rivals provides.

I’ve never lived anywhere near a holler in my life.

..........so just the toothless part then. 1/2 ain’t bad!

We already have a seat at the adult table.

You're right, you do have a seat at the adult table...

...as a child...and you are treated as such.

You get the best cuts of the food, already cut for you.
You listen to the discussions of adult topics while sipping watered down wine.
But when you open your mouth and disrupt the adults, everyone reminds you who you are.
If you continue, you will be asked to go to your room.

You're right, you do have a seat at the adult table...

...as a child...and you are treated as such.

You get the best cuts of the food, already cut for you.
You listen to the discussions of adult topics while sipping watered down wine.
But when you open your mouth and disrupt the adults, everyone reminds you who you are.
If you continue, you will be asked to go to your room.

Any proof of your claims?

This is some really rich posting here, boy. Another non-alumni Spamite totally fixated upon Marshall, here to salve his butthurt with what every non-alumni Spamite has when the grandiose predictions of the in-state lap dog media again, as ALWAYS, fail to happen. But Marshall...

Total fixation.

This one is now off on a tangent trying to rehash not only why USPAM was REJECTED by all three eastern major conferences and left to find refuge as a field filler in the Big 2, Little 8; but to rehash, from the LAST MILLENIUM, why USPAM was REJECTED when VPI and BC were selected to move up from mid-major status and was left in the Big Least, which then became the Leastleftovers, a mid-major conference. "The Big East (sic) was not major college football." - Ollie "Everything I Touch Turns to S***" Luck.

Whatever. Fact is, USPAM was twice REJECTED. Be it for fan behavior (it was), academics (it was), TV market size (it was), and inability to compete (it was) and it found refuge in the Big 2, Little 8, the purpose of which is NOT to be a competitive conference, but to provide 8 games for the Big 2, who will settle it between themselves, and support the Longhorn Network.

It is time to ban this idiot.

This is some really rich posting here, boy. Another non-alumni Spamite totally fixated upon Marshall, here to salve his butthurt with what every non-alumni Spamite has when the grandiose predictions of the in-state lap dog media again, as ALWAYS, fail to happen. But Marshall...

Total fixation.

This one is now off on a tangent trying to rehash not only why USPAM was REJECTED by all three eastern major conferences and left to find refuge as a field filler in the Big 2, Little 8; but to rehash, from the LAST MILLENIUM, why USPAM was REJECTED when VPI and BC were selected to move up from mid-major status and was left in the Big Least, which then became the Leastleftovers, a mid-major conference. "The Big East (sic) was not major college football." - Ollie "Everything I Touch Turns to S***" Luck.

Whatever. Fact is, USPAM was twice REJECTED. Be it for fan behavior (it was), academics (it was), TV market size (it was), and inability to compete (it was) and it found refuge in the Big 2, Little 8, the purpose of which is NOT to be a competitive conference, but to provide 8 games for the Big 2, who will settle it between themselves, and support the Longhorn Network.

It is time to ban this idiot.

I honestly feel bad for you. You go off on a tangent every time WVU is even mentioned. I graduated twice from WVU so please stop with the non—alumnus nonsense. The Big East was never a mid-major. We always had a BCS bid. Every conference sans the SEC has 2-3 teams that are elite so I don’t really understand your logic there, especially when WVU, Oklahoma State, and TCU have won 10 games multiple times in the last 10 years.

I honestly hope Marshall wins C-USA next season. I want to see the Herd and Doc succeed. I’ve let a select few posters, including yourself, pull me into the unnecessary and continual hostility between sectors of the fanbases. I don’t need to diminish Marshall to be proud of my alma mater.

Listen LIL MAN, you don’t know a thing. Your own fanbase on here constantly gets on you. How many usernames is this? I’d really like to meet you next time I’m at my uncle’s in Huntersville though. I’ll make sure to bring a step ladder so you’re not constantly looking up while talking. His brother-in-law’s family is upper echelon in Chapel Hill with their estate right off of campus. You’re nobody.

Name the time and place in Huntersville.....I'll be there Dipshit.

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Wow!! Sure hope that the Mods on this board have a plentiful supply of super absorbent mops cause it doesn't appear that this "Pissing Contest" is anywhere close to ending!!!!!

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Wow!! Sure hope that the Mods on this board have a plentiful supply of super absorbent mops cause it doesn't appear that this "Pissing Contest" is anywhere close to ending!!!!!

It’s not going to continue. I’m done arguing. Like I said previously, I let stupid comments affect me and shouldn’t have. This type of stuff is the #1 reason that I’ve heard from fans of both universities why they won’t support the other. It’s sad actually.

Please come off this "fans of both schools" BS. You are a non-alumni fixated upon Marshall Spamite, who, like many before you, comes on OUR board, for OUR fans ONLY, and spews whatever metronews told you to think, and then, when called on how stupid it all is, does the internet version of yelling "IS NOT EITHER" really loudly, and then thinks that telling the lie that "well, I root for Marshall when they are not playing 'my' (same words as on your DL, no actual relationship) team".

You don't.

Go away.

It’s not going to continue. I’m done arguing. Like I said previously, I let stupid comments affect me and shouldn’t have. This type of stuff is the #1 reason that I’ve heard from fans of both universities why they won’t support the other. It’s sad actually.
This is about the eleventy-seventh time you have stated that you are finished arguing, and yet here you remain. You’re not convincing anyone of anything and vice versa, but since it IS a Marshall board... SHADDAP or GET OUT!

P.S. And if you can’t understand THAT, then you’re as lost as a fart in a fan factory.

Please come off this "fans of both schools" BS. You are a non-alumni fixated upon Marshall Spamite, who, like many before you, comes on OUR board, for OUR fans ONLY, and spews whatever metronews told you to think, and then, when called on how stupid it all is, does the internet version of yelling "IS NOT EITHER" really loudly, and then thinks that telling the lie that "well, I root for Marshall when they are not playing 'my' (same words as on your DL, no actual relationship) team".

You don't.

Go away.

I meant, but didn’t clarify, that I’ve heard both WVU fans and Marshall fans say that the bitterness and hostility from some of the other schools’ fans as the reason they don’t support that school also.

If I didn’t want to see Marshall succeed too, I wouldn’t have traveled to a game.

Oh, you went to a GAME? Wow.

You are a non-alumni Spamite. You turn on metronews, and read the Gag-zette (which puts you among the minority of Spamites who can actually read at the 9th grade level) and ACTUALLY BELIEVE whatever those people (who are not from here, know better, are lying, know they are lying, and laugh at you). Right now it has degenerated into spew about college sports finance, how a QB run off by Oklahoma by a QB run off by Alabama makes USPAM a contender, and how "Neal" (a person you had never heard of last month) is a super genius who was up for every job in America. Whatever. Those of us with some gray can remember the different spews all the way back to telling us St. Bonaventure = Kentucky and Temple = Alabama. Some of us can remember being told beating VMI and Richmond = major college football and basketball. Whatever.

You are a Spamite. You do not belong here. The people here know that everything that the USPAM management says is BS, and most of us are not afraid to say so.

I get it. "Your" (same words as on you license plates, no actual relationship) teams stink. But Marshall .... is not a come back.

Go away.

Q: Who is obsessed? Am I on a USPAM board?

A: YOU ARE OBSESSED.

Discussion (this is where you prove your work, rather than just repeat catch phrases, it is college level work, you wouldn't understand). Here YOU are on a Marshall board.

Total fixation.

Go away.

Reactions: 19MU88
do you seriously sign every post: HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

giphy.gif

WV-FAN...you answer your stupid question...

HERDZILLA22 in Charlotte

WV-FAN...you answer your stupid question...

HERDZILLA22 in Charlotte
tenor.gif

i'd tell you how to the post it in your sig so you didn't have to type it every time, but i'd have to ask someone, myself. don't get mad at me, i've been reformed, i'm one of the good niggas from up north.

Q: Who is obsessed? Am I on a USPAM board?

A: YOU ARE OBSESSED.

Discussion (this is where you prove your work, rather than just repeat catch phrases, it is college level work, you wouldn't understand). Here YOU are on a Marshall board.

Total fixation.

Go away.

I came onto this Marshall board to discuss Marshall athletics. Imagine that!

I came onto this Marshall board to discuss Marshall athletics. Imagine that!
So, I’m sure you can cite examples of Marshall fans posting their 2 cents worth on a Mountie msg board and being welcomed like the prodigal son by the gold & blue die-hards?
Oh, no? Well, let’s give our guy a handle ....something non-controversial and guaranteed to be accepted better than a possum-gravy biscuit.....yeah.......I know: MUbetterthantheBig12.....our guy will be made to feel so accepted by all wvu msg board members that he will wonder whether he should switch his life-long love of the Herd for that shiny gold & blue , bare-chested one strap look.....
No. You were doomed before you typed the first syllable.....it’s just how it was/is/always will be. Imagine Meeeeechigan fans breaking bread with their tOSU arch enemies?
Even Johnny Reb and Union Blue would sit together at night to sing songs.....and that affair only cost 500,000 deaths!

Reactions: caliherd
No, you came to this board to discuss Morgantown School accomplishments and throw them in our face. Go back and read your own posts then tell us they in any way resemble a discussion.

Look, I admit I allowed some comments and already existing posts to put me on the defensive. I honestly apologize for that. I can tell you that I certainly didn’t intend to act superior or throw WVUs accomplishments in anyone’s face. I sincerely want to see both WV programs do well and I believe you did enough to deserve an invite to the AAC.

So, I’m sure you can cite examples of Marshall fans posting their 2 cents worth on a Mountie msg board and being welcomed like the prodigal son by the gold & blue die-hards?
Oh, no? Well, let’s give our guy a handle ....something non-controversial and guaranteed to be accepted better than a possum-gravy biscuit.....yeah.......I know: MUbetterthantheBig12.....our guy will be made to feel so accepted by all wvu msg board members that he will wonder whether he should switch his life-long love of the Herd for that shiny gold & blue , bare-chested one strap look.....
No. You were doomed before you typed the first syllable.....it’s just how it was/is/always will be. Imagine Meeeeechigan fans breaking bread with their tOSU arch enemies?

I totally understand what you’re saying and I don’t agree with it happening at all. I can assure you I didn’t come here to stir the pot or puff out my chest and brag about my alma mater.

I don’t agree about the OSU/Michigan comparison though. There is no reason we should be enemies. We’ve played all of 12 times overall. One school is in the Big 12 and the other is in Conference USA. Do you think that UT and North Texas fans wouldn’t be able to interact.

It’s funny you mention OSU and Michigan. Two of my best friends are big Michigan fans and I’ve been to the rivalry game at the Big House. I’ve also been to Columbus to tailgate before and during the game. While from afar, the rivalry is bitter, we also interacted with a ton of Buckeyes fans at different tailgates. It’s not impossible to have civil interaction.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
I totally understand what you’re saying and I don’t agree with it happening at all. I can assure you I didn’t come here to stir the pot or puff out my chest and brag about my alma mater.

I don’t agree about the OSU/Michigan comparison though. There is no reason we should be enemies. We’ve played all of 12 times overall. One school is in the Big 12 and the other is in Conference USA. Do you think that UT and North Texas fans wouldn’t be able to interact.

It’s funny you mention OSU and Michigan. Two of my best friends are big Michigan fans and I’ve been to the rivalry game at the Big House. I’ve also been to Columbus to tailgate before and during the game. While from afar, the rivalry is bitter, we also interacted with a ton of Buckeyes fans at different tailgates. It’s not impossible to have civil interaction.

Those last two words don't exist with wvu fans.

throw WVUs accomplishments

Ding. Right there. The fact that you believe that "your" school (same words as on you road card, no actual relationship) has "accomplishments" uncovers you for the non-alumni Spamite you are. USPAM has no "accomplishments". It is a field filler, and walks off the field or court EVERY YEAR failing to do what the in-state lap dog media tell the ignorant it will do.

AND WE TOO act civil with "most" WVU fans.
The last time the Mounties came to Huntington....while tailgating together...we (Herd & Eers) laughed about all the stupid fans from both school that talk TRASH about the opposing Universities.

Again, I do not dislike WVU...most of my best HS (Mt Hope) friends attended WVU. I even wear WV clothing often & always watch & cheer for them on TV. I admit since I reside in Charlotte I do not have to endure the "shit" from SOME WVU fans---that is evident to Marshall folks living in the Mountain state.

I was a WVU fan growing up. I made a great decision for my personal growth to attend & graduate from Marshall undergrad and graduate school (Jrn. Dept).

Closing...permit me to share a story. The first college bowl game Charlotte hosted (old Continental Tire Bowl) was WVU-Virginia....the same game that the Hooes pep band performed for the last time....their President banned them the following week! They made fun of WV during their halftime show depicting a pregnant WV hillbilly and her "shot-gun wedding." UVa won the game and before it ended---a loud-mouth female Mountaineer graduate said, "the thing that hurts most about us losing is the ****ing Marshall fans will be happy!" I told her I was a MU graduate and not at all pleased with WVU losing. Then she starting dissing Randy Moss and was pissed he turned WVU down when he came to Huntington. I finally told her & her husband to *UCK-OFF.

I miss playing WVU in FB & BB......

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

I recall loving watching that bowl game with wvu fans. really enjoyed it.

Hey douchebag - you don’t come on here spewing ignorant shit about our members. That privilege is only extended to ourselves about each other. Take your disease-ridden carcass back to the holler you crawled out of - and wipe that toothless grin off your face.......internet toughguys are paper tigers.

This thread was stupid about 3 dozens posts ago, pretty much when a guy who intentionally wears a speedo tries to insult others. That being said, it always cracks me up when people from Huntington, WV try to make fun of other parts of WV. It's not even irony, its just plain ruhtard..

Reactions: jocktalker
This thread was stupid about 3 dozens posts ago, pretty much when a guy who intentionally wears a speedo tries to insult others. That being said, it always cracks me up when people from Huntington, WV try to make fun of other parts of WV. It's not even irony, its just plain ruhtard..

I travel the entire state of WV regularly, Htgn has major issues but it is Pasadena compared to 99% of WV.

I travel the entire state of WV regularly, Htgn has major issues but it is Pasadena compared to 99% of WV.

I also travel WV on the regular and I completely disagree. The entire state has issues. You can basically lump it into 3 categories- rural, rundown WV, cities that are dumps and not growing, and cities that are growing. I agree Huntington has more promise than the southern coal towns, but it is just like Clarksburg, Parkersburg, Wheeling in that it remains stagnant in growth (or dwindling). The only real areas of growth are Martinsburg, Morgantown, and tourist places like Canaan, Snowshoe, Greenbrier county. Believe me as a lifelong resident of the state and 2003 graduate of Marshall, I WANT Huntington to thrive, but it's not, just like most of the rest of the state.

I also travel WV on the regular and I completely disagree. The entire state has issues. You can basically lump it into 3 categories- rural, rundown WV, cities that are dumps and not growing, and cities that are growing. I agree Huntington has more promise than the southern coal towns, but it is just like Clarksburg, Parkersburg, Wheeling in that it remains stagnant in growth (or dwindling). The only real areas of growth are Martinsburg, Morgantown, and tourist places like Canaan, Snowshoe, Greenbrier county. Believe me as a lifelong resident of the state and 2003 graduate of Marshall, I WANT Huntington to thrive, but it's not, just like most of the rest of the state.

Htgn is not the same as Wheeling, Clarksburg, or Parkersburg, lump them together if you want but I don’t.
The “tourist” locations are surrounded by poverty and s—t shows. I’ve wondered what people coming to the Greenbrier think as they drive down 60 to the hotel.
I agree that there are small pockets of “nice” but they’re few and far between.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT