ADVERTISEMENT

Question for the wvu lurkers

Its strange how you hillbilly cousin lovers can read a McDonald's menu or where you're supposed to sit in wvu's stadium but fail against something of merit, like a book.

I said it has always been speculated...meaning it was suspected or spoken about. That does not mean it is certain. It was Tavaris Thompson who posted it and I imagine he wasn't the only one thinking it, if you need to know, you lazy c*cksucker.

Doc may not have had any intention to go but that doesn't stop rumors.

Now, do the world a favor and overdose on your crippling depression from realizing your team is an abject failure.
Lol.....a Marshall player made a comment? Doc didn't get a mention or a sniff from anyone at wvu. I know it hurts. So it wasn't suspected, speculated, rumored, etc

Reactions: TeenWolfChubby
Lol.....a Marshall player made a comment? Doc didn't get a mention or a sniff from anyone at wvu. I know it hurts. So it wasn't suspected, speculated, rumored, etc
It makes 100% more sense for wvu to give Doc an interview than Gibson.

Gibson was given a courtesy interview. Within 24 hours Brown was already the main target. But Doc had no shot
Not arguing any of that. However, Gibson was barely fit to be wvu's defensive coordinator let alone fit to be a head coach at a D2 school. But wvu wasted their time interviewing him. That said, Doc is a wvu alum with head coaching experience. Out of the two, it would have made more sense to interview him that Gibson.
From what I know of him, I like Brown. Seems like a genuinely decent guy & I hope he does well. I do think he was the best wvu could get at the time.

Not arguing any of that. However, Gibson was barely fit to be wvu's defensive coordinator let alone fit to be a head coach at a D2 school. But wvu wasted their time interviewing him. That said, Doc is a wvu alum with head coaching experience. Out of the two, it would have made more sense to interview him that Gibson.
From what I know of him, I like Brown. Seems like a genuinely decent guy & I hope he does well. I do think he was the best wvu could get at the time.
I'm sure they didn't spend much time interviewing. Probably showed him a quite a bit of respect based on his WVU ties & current player involvement and not knowing if the new coach would keep him on in some capacity. So WVU handled it the right way imo. Doc would've been a complete waste of time. So it made a lot of sense to give Gibson an interview.

I'm sure they didn't spend much time interviewing. Probably showed him a quite a bit of respect based on his WVU ties & current player involvement and not knowing if the new coach would keep him on in some capacity. So WVU handled it the right way imo. Doc would've been a complete waste of time. So it made a lot of sense to give Gibson an interview.
You're contradicting yourself.

Reactions: 19MU88
How does it make "a lot of sense" to give an interview to someone who they have absolutely no intention of giving the job to? Is this some new variation of the Rooney Rule? I'm indifferent on Doc - this isn't an endorsement of him. But objectively, Doc's had success as a head coach. For wvu fans to act like he's not even worthy of consideration is petty. He's one of your own.

How does it make "a lot of sense" to give an interview to someone who they have absolutely no intention of giving the job to? Is this some new variation of the Rooney Rule? I'm indifferent on Doc - this isn't an endorsement of him. But objectively, Doc's had success as a head coach. For wvu fans to act like he's not even worthy of consideration is petty. He's one of your own.

Would Doc bring the excitement into the program that it needs? A 61 year old who really hasn't lit the world on fire in CUSA? Sorry, but he wasn't worthy of consideration. If he had just crushed it, then he probably would've been considered but I'd say most would think he's just done an average job.

You don't think with a head coaching job change it didn't make sense to interview Gibson? Current DC, recruited a lot of the current players, former players were supporting him via twitter, ties to big boosters, etc? Yes, he probably had little to no chance so it made sense to interview him and see if could convince Gee and Lyons. No issues at all imo.

"Yes, he probably had little to no chance so it madesense to interview him and see if could convince Gee and Lyons. No issues at all imo."

What?! Is this seriously how your AD & President think? Because this is insanity.

Reactions: GoHerdMarshallYes
"Yes, he probably had little to no chance so it madesense to interview him and see if could convince Gee and Lyons. No issues at all imo."

What?! Is this seriously how your AD & President think? Because this is insanity.
Ever interview candidates for jobs? Usually you consider internal and external candidates. Quite simple. It's not insanity.

Ever interview candidates for jobs? Usually you consider internal and external candidates. Quite simple. It's not insanity.
Unfortunately, yes. But Gibson isn't an unknown commodity to Gee or Lyons. It makes no sense to say he had no chance but made sense to interview him.

Unfortunately, yes. But Gibson isn't an unknown commodity to Gee or Lyons. It makes no sense to say he had no chance but made sense to interview him.
Okay, he had a very slight chance. I had heard some big boosters were wanting him to be considered. Players were wanting it. Former players were supporting him wanting him considered. So they did. Not insanity.

I saw where the players were advocating for him. The last time they listened to the players, they ended up running the guy out of town in a completely embarrassing manner.

But I haven't heard of one legit MAC donor thinking he was even remotely qualified to be considered. I mean, if he was a serious candidate, wouldn't he have been a head coach by now? That sound familiar?

I saw where the players were advocating for him. The last time they listened to the players, they ended up running the guy out of town in a completely embarrassing manner.

But I haven't heard of one legit MAC donor thinking he was even remotely qualified to be considered. I mean, if he was a serious candidate, wouldn't he have been a head coach by now? That sound familiar?
my guess is you eerdiots will be wishing Doc or anyone else was your HC in about 2 years

my guess is you eerdiots will be wishing Doc or anyone else was your HC in about 2 years
A lot of your fans don't even want Doc. Don't try to pawn him off on us. He was like Holgerson. Beat the weak but when you pull back the cover on his record, you see the truth. What are Doc's biggest wins?

Lighten up, Francis. I guess being the only winless team in your conference right now has you ladies on edge.
That doesn't bother me that much. Hugs will get it fixed. Wont be this year. But if Sags continues to sit then I'd see him coming back next year. Would like to see what Hugs can do with Sags, Culver and Oscar T. Just need someone to bring the ball up the court now......So sit Ahmad and get ready for next year imo. Start playing the freshman guard more.

A lot of your fans don't even want Doc. Don't try to pawn him off on us. He was like Holgerson. Beat the weak but when you pull back the cover on his record, you see the truth. What are Doc's biggest wins?

in typical eerdiot fashion, you miss the point. point is you all are to watch Brown fail and will be wishing for ANY new coach. I'm no Doc fan, so I feel no need to respond to your question.

That doesn't bother me that much. Hugs will get it fixed. Wont be this year. But if Sags continues to sit then I'd see him coming back next year. Would like to see what Hugs can do with Sags, Culver and Oscar T. Just need someone to bring the ball up the court now......So sit Ahmad and get ready for next year imo. Start playing the freshman guard more.
I know wvu fans find this hard to believe but I like wvu basketball. My dad used to coach camps for them back in the day. I even like Huggs. But this year's team actually has me worried about the toll it's taking on him. The pacemaker incident two years ago (or was it last year) was genuinely frightening.

That said, I don't know how much of this team will be there next year. I commend him for saying he plays for the current year & not next & I'm sure the season ticket holders appreciate it, but unless a miraculous change in their guard play occurs, why not? It's doubtful the NIT will even be an option for wvu this season.

I know wvu fans find this hard to believe but I like wvu basketball. My dad used to coach camps for them back in the day. I even like Huggs. But this year's team actually has me worried about the toll it's taking on him. The pacemaker incident two years ago (or was it last year) was genuinely frightening.

That said, I don't know how much of this team will be there next year. I commend him for saying he plays for the current year & not next & I'm sure the season ticket holders appreciate it, but unless a miraculous change in their guard play occurs, why not? It's doubtful the NIT will even be an option for wvu this season.
He's calmer than I thought he would be. I'd say most fans would be fine with him now preparing for next year. Ahmad sat there entire game yesterday. They need to find their future leader. Who is going to step up.

But the lazy passes might kill Huggs

Ok. Thanks for the deep analysis.
Doesn’t have to be deep for you. You were poo pooing Doc and making snide comments about he shouldn’t get an interview (which I am glad he didn’t) while crowing about Brown who has exactly ZERO more P5 wins than Doc.

But whatever.

Doesn’t have to be deep for you. You were poo pooing Doc and making snide comments about he shouldn’t get an interview (which I am glad he didn’t) while crowing about Brown who has exactly ZERO more P5 wins than Doc.

But whatever.
So a 38 year old who had been a head coach for 4 years has as many p5 wins as someone who has been a head coach for 8 years. Lol.

You must be on the debate team

Doc beat Co-Big East Champion Louisville as well. Remember the Big East? The conference you all claimed because you won in, that you somehow belonged with ohio state, Florida, Alabama, etc?

Congrats to Doc for wins against 7-6 Louisville, 7-6 Maryland and 2-10 Purdue teams in his eight years at Marshall University.

You mean kind of like the 'speculation' of Doc going to WVU? You're such a fool that it's laughable.

Doc beat Co-Big East Champion Louisville as well. Remember the Big East? The conference you all claimed because you won in, that you somehow belonged with ohio state, Florida, Alabama, etc?

This is the nature of the WVU hivemind. In my lifetime (I'm old) WVU has been in multiple conferences/quasi-conferences, each of which, in turn, the Spamites swore to be damned was just like whatever the big time teams of the era was. In basketball, from the SoCon, with such "big time" teams as Furman, the Citadel, W&M, and Richmond; to being a "southern independent" playing such greats as ECU; to being passed over for the original Big East and joining the A-10 with the likes of St. Bonaventure, Duquesne, Temple, and Rutgers; to the Big East 2.0, (see ESPN's great 30-30 "Requiem for the Big East" to see how that worked out) ; to the football centric Big 12 (sic) which is so weak the same team wins it every year. In football, for the above mentioned SoCon of mega teams; the the "eastern independents" AKA the "Lambert Least"; to the Big East 1.0 AKA the Big Least; to being passed over and being left in the Big East 2.0, AKA the Leastleftovers, today AAC; to being passed over by the ACC and SEC and landing the the Texas-Oklahoma confernce AKA the Big 12 (sic) AKA the Big 2, Little 8.

Through it all, whichever box of cupcakes WVU was in, to the Spamite, it was just like the SEC or ACC or Big 10 or whatever. St. Bonaventure. Duquesene. W&M. South Florida. Furman. Whoever.

It is the main delusion and suspension of disbelief one must be willing to have (or be so stupid as to actually believe) in order to follow WVU sports. And why I do not.

The new change I have noticed in the hivemind is an adoption of an SEC like view of sports, in which fans of the losing programs get solace in Kentucky basketball and Alabama football.

It is sad really.

Oh you triggered.
I'm triggered but giving Doc interviewing for the job makes more sense than Gibson?. HAHAHA what a dumb shyt.. you must be one of those people that think that every time you say something stupid and you get called on it, that they are triggered. I couldn't care less what you think, but the fact that you think it makes more sense to interview Doc than Gibson just shows your level of stupidity and lack of sports knowledge.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT