ADVERTISEMENT

So Huff Decided to Bench His Best Player???

He needs to be fired. Dumbest decision I have ever seen. Save me the NFL crap. Abraham had pro aspirations too.
Yehh this crap in football and sports is terrible and Huff's decision to do it or allow it is terrible.

Of course he doesn't know game situations, how to take timeouts, cant call a game, and obviously can't recruit

If I were nearly a billionaire and President of my Alm Mater he would not be coach by tomorrow at 8am.

He robbed this team of a chance to win their Bowl game, and the Seniors FINAL game! He's not a winner. Do you think Saban would ever try not to win a game?????

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results. We understand what CH is. He is a career position coach. He should be bouncing around the major conferences in the background. He isn't a head coach. He is over his head.

We understand that. The question is, does CS, or will he tie his career to that of CH?

The crazy thing is you guys really think this was Charles Huff’s decision

Ha
The crazy thing is, the ESPN sideline reporter stated "she spoke to Huff and that Ali was being held out by Huff on a pitch count. There is no injury." Of course in his post game presser, Huff stated that Ali was injured. Those comments, on national tv, is where the uproar came from.

Ha

The crazy thing is, the ESPN sideline reporter stated "she spoke to Huff and that Ali was being held out by Huff on a pitch count. There is no injury." Of course in his post game presser, Huff stated that Ali was injured. Those comments, on national tv, is where the uproar came from.

Ha

Again.

If you truly think that Charles Huff a football coach.

Thought after that TD run. “Ya know what. That’s enough. He’s done enough. Time to roll with someone else”.

Really? Come on now. Surely you see that is a coach protecting a player or players family decision. Which he has done since he got here. And he has always said he has his players best interest in mind and that will never change.

Again.

Thought after that TD run. “Ya know what. That’s enough. He’s done enough. Time to roll with someone else”.

Really? Come on now. Surely you see that is a coach protecting a player or players family decision. Which he has done since he got here. And he has always said he has his players best interest in mind and that will never change.
Charles Huff had to open a press conference by saying the words he told a reporter were not true.
So, when a reporter, on national tv, says "live" that she spoke to Charles Huff and Charles Huff said there is no injury to Ali, that he was on a pitch count and it was his decision to not play him, I'll believe that at that time. It wasn't until this morning when most saw his presser where he stated Ali was injured.

Look, I want Huff to succeed. If he isn't succeeding, then Marshall isn't succeeding! But I do take off my green colored glasses every once in awhile to observe the real pulse of the program.

Last edited:
And he has always said he has his players best interest in mind and that will never change.

Excluding playing Fancher when he was obviously was hurt and behind a struggling line? Or throwing Fancher under the bus and putting his own "feelings" that Cam hated his time here and he had to backtrack that when he crapped on the university and fans and after Cam's mom called him a liar?

Last edited:
Excluding playing Fancher when he was obviously was hurt behind a struggling line? Or throwing Fancher under the bus and putting his own "feelings" that Cam hated his time here and he had to backtrack that when he crapped on the university and fans and after Cam's mom called him a liar?

He shouldn’t have said what he did. But a family member must have been lying as well. One implied huff was lying. One went on social media saying that they have basically all cried over his treatments.

So again. Huff may be a lot of things. But he is one that will always put those guys first. At least that is the stance he seems to be taking. Jumping on grenades and taking the fall nearly each time

Again.

Yea. I'm sure he staged all that on the sideline so the reporter would cover for Ali. why didn't he do the same for Micah so that makes your argument inconsistent.

Keep carrying water for that bum. You claim to love Marshall so much and yet you continue to defend the person hurting the program. It's people like you that allow dictators to rise, seize, and maintain power. You just accept and love anything that's given to you no matter how bad it is.

As I said yesterday.

A s*** sandwich is still a s*** sandwich even if it's in a green wrapper.

He shouldn’t have said what he did. But a family member must have been lying as well. One implied huff was lying. One went on social media saying that they have basically all cried over his treatments.

So again. Huff may be a lot of things. But he is one that will always put those guys first. At least that is the stance he seems to be taking. Jumping on grenades and taking the fall nearly each time
Yes. His sister read the boards and it made her upset to see her brother being criticized. However his mom, the adult, call Huff out on his lies and then he admitted that he lied and yet you still defend him.

Ever since he lied about retaining Doc's defensive staff all he's done is talk out of both sides of his mouth. He's still your hero though. Congrats!

Aaron:
With all due respect:
You should have lived during the 13th century. Because you would have fit right in.
Subservient peoples bowing down to Kings, believing that, no matter what miseries are visited upon them, the King is good! The King will surely step in & fix everything!
And then, the mantra, pounded into their heads from one generation to the next miserably poor generation:
“Long live the King”
(King dies/is beheaded/drawn & quartered)
“The King is dead! Long live the (next) King!”

Me thinks you would have made a good court jester……

It's easy to see who here has never had a legit leadership position by their ability to jump to conclusions and not realize there are plenty of reasonable explanations.

Let's brainstorm some:
1) Ali told Huff he was going to miss the game. Huff went to bat trying to get him to play and was successful in getting him to agree to playing one half.
2) Ali was banged up.
3) Trying to compare Abraham to Ali is absurd. RBs have a far greater chance of injury. The NFL doesn't care about how many snaps a defensive back has played. They really care about how many snaps an incoming RB has played.
4) Huff may have not been injured, but as a way for him to not look bad in front of the NFL, Huff defended him by saying 1) It was Huff's decision and 2) He was injured. It's the same thing he did with Fancher by defending him by saying he was miserable and the fans were bad to him instead of pushing him off as a quitter.

The real issue is not having a legit RB2 when you knew RB1 would be limited/on a pitch count/injured/sad whatever.
Season's run game was destroyed when he sat Ali.

No matter whose decision it was, and I tend to fall in the camp that Ali has been controlling this snap count nonsense all year, it looked bad.

Do we allow other players to do this in the future? Play when they want, as much as they want? Huff needs to have some stones and put an end to the pitch count BS going forward.

Even the announcers were dogging MU/Huff... "Why would they do that? You either play or you don't, right? I've never seen a player play one half, put up big numbers, and then get pulled in a close game."

Faustian bargain for Huff.
Give up control for some of that sweet sweet Ali gamebreaking.

Letting a player dictate their use is a very bad look to the rest of the players. It’s not how you build a team.

A real leader, rifle, leaves Ali at home if he says he’s only going to play a half. If you have a team member, especially the most recognizable one, promoting his self interest over the those of the team, it’s a great opportunity to demonstrate the ideal of team over individual. If he refuses to play the second half you remove him from the sidelines for quitting on the team.

To have a winning team you don’t need to pander to your one or two stars. What you need is just a little more effort and execution from the other 20 starters on every snap they play. Playing favorites in a very public way doesn’t get you that.

Excluding playing Fancher when he was obviously was hurt and behind a struggling line? Or throwing Fancher under the bus and putting his own "feelings" that Cam hated his time here and he had to backtrack that when he crapped on the university and fans and after Cam's mom called him a liar?
Don't forget when he threw Cole under the bus after his first game action.

It's easy to see who here has never had a legit leadership position by their ability to jump to conclusions and not realize there are plenty of reasonable explanations.

Let's brainstorm some:
1) Ali told Huff he was going to miss the game. Huff went to bat trying to get him to play and was successful in getting him to agree to playing one half.
2) Ali was banged up.
3) Trying to compare Abraham to Ali is absurd. RBs have a far greater chance of injury. The NFL doesn't care about how many snaps a defensive back has played. They really care about how many snaps an incoming RB has played.
4) Huff may have not been injured, but as a way for him to not look bad in front of the NFL, Huff defended him by saying 1) It was Huff's decision and 2) He was injured. It's the same thing he did with Fancher by defending him by saying he was miserable and the fans were bad to him instead of pushing him off as a quitter.
So he made him look better by putting it out on a national broadcast that he's not injured, he's just not playing (the ESPN guys were questioning Ali's desire to play) but then later says he's injured... So now the NFL sees two things: he "quit" on his team, because he let his coach keep him out of the game and it appears he was only there to pad stats. After all, as you said it appears his coach had to convince him to play. AND he's injury prone. Missed almost the entire season last year with injury, missed a game earlier this year and got banged up on *checks notes* 9 carries. As a guy who is most likely an UDFA at a position that is loaded with talent, yeah it seems like Huff really helped the kid out.

Letting a player dictate their use is a very bad look to the rest of the players. It’s not how you build a team.

A real leader, rifle, leaves Ali at home if he says he’s only going to play a half. If you have a team member, especially the most recognizable one, promoting his self interest over the those of the team, it’s a great opportunity to demonstrate the ideal of team over individual. If he refuses to play the second half you remove him from the sidelines for quitting on the team.

To have a winning team you don’t need to pander to your one or two stars. What you need is just a little more effort and execution from the other 20 starters on every snap they play. Playing favorites in a very public way doesn’t get you that.

Absolutely. The thing that sticks out to me is you said "if you have a team member promoting his self interest over the whole team..." and that's the problem. Huff doesn't see a problem with that because thats how he leads. Its about him.

Ha
Pitch count? Holy crap Batman. He carried the ball 9 times. I'm guessing the conversation went something like this....
"I'LL GIVE YOU ONE HALF, THEN I'M SITTING. I'VE GOT TO PROTECT MY 15TH ROUND DRAFT STATUS."

The real issue is not having a legit RB2 when you knew RB1 would be limited/on a pitch count/injured/sad whatever.
Season's run game was destroyed when he sat Ali.
Well, we did have a RB2. The problem was our Oline couldn't carve a hole in a line of paper dolls, yet we continued to run Payne up the middle, just as we have all year.

A real leader, rifle, leaves Ali at home if he says he’s only going to play a half
Then Ali should have been removed from the team following NC ST. The way he was used last night, is the same way he's been used 3/4s of the season. Ali made enough plays to add to his highlight tapes and he quit.

Agree with you. This is a terrible look to the rest of the team, and makes me wonder why anyone would want to play for this coach if this is allowed to happen. I hope Ali enjoyed his free pizza and Mercedes. Good riddance.

Pitch count? Holy crap Batman. He carried the ball 9 times. I'm guessing the conversation went something like this....
"I'LL GIVE YOU ONE HALF, THEN I'M SITTING. I'VE GOT TO PROTECT MY 15TH ROUND DRAFT STATUS."
Have any of you guys actually been watching these games this year? He's been on a (ludicrous) "pitch count" 3/4s of the season. My assertion is this is what his family and "agent" have requested he do. Saving him for his pro day workouts. Get just enough film, break 1000 yds for the season, and move on. I for one say....good. Sayonara!

So now the NFL sees two things: he "quit" on his team, because he let his coach keep him out of the game and it appears he was only there to pad stats.
IMO, I dont think the NFL gives a damn. IMO the coach didn't keep him out. Ali's family and representation did. As I said above, this has been going on since NC St. He's stood on the sidelines most of the 4th quarters he's been dressed.

If Huff were a real coach he would have pointed at the door and said bye.

Have any of you guys actually been watching these games this year? He's been on a (ludicrous) "pitch count" 3/4s of the season. My assertion is this is what his family and "agent" have requested he do. Saving him for his pro day workouts. Get just enough film, break 1000 yds for the season, and move on. I for one say....good. Sayonara!
Not to mention the game he missed.....

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
IMO, I dont think the NFL gives a damn. IMO the coach didn't keep him out. Ali's family and representation did. As I said above, this has been going on since NC St. He's stood on the sidelines most of the 4th quarters he's been dressed.
To me that's even worse than Huff just deciding on the spot to sit him. He allowed outside forces to dictate how he coaches the team. Even more proof that he is unfit for the job.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
To me that's even worse than Huff just deciding on the spot to sit him. He allowed outside forces to dictate how he coaches the team. Even more proof that he is unfit for the job.
I agree with you, but unfortunately, it wouldn't surprise me if we dont see more of this in college football. Ali was going to be gone after this season, he's been told he is a serious NFL prospect. Its a painful example of "loyalty" to Marshall: "I wont hit the portal, but I'm not going to play the whole game either. Winning at this level doesn't really matter."

IF there is any truth to him being on a pitch count all year that is absurd. He will be lucky to be drafted and what he did this year is not impressive statistically, so he got bad advice if this is indeed true.

He will be lucky to be drafted and what he did this year is not impressive statistically, so he got bad advice if this is indeed true
Ali's narrative has been written. A 1000 yd rusher, multiple TDs, solid game film demonstrating his ability, and a Head Coach who recruited and coached S. Barkley. He will garner serious attention by the NFL.

Reactions: MUMAN3419
IF there is any truth to him being on a pitch count all year that is absurd. He will be lucky to be drafted and what he did this year is not impressive statistically, so he got bad advice if this is indeed true.
Yeah, if that’s true his representatives are not looking out for him (wouldn’t be the first time). Because he’s likely a practice squad guy in the league.

MU loses 3 games,

MU fans: "Oh woe is me, the world is collapsing! MU is going to play in the 'Who Cares, Meaningless Bowl' now!!"

Also MU fans: "FIRE THE COACH FOR BEING SO BAD IN A BOWL WE CLAIM NOBODY CARES ABOUT!!"

But yes, Huff has this team looking pretty miserable after the 1st quarter.

MU loses 3 games,

MU fans: "Oh woe is me, the world is collapsing! MU is going to play in the 'Who Cares, Meaningless Bowl' now!!"

Also MU fans: "FIRE THE COACH FOR BEING SO BAD IN A BOWL WE CLAIM NOBODY CARES ABOUT!!"

Well that misses the entire f’in conversation.

I figure almost everyone thought we would lose - slight glimmer of hope when Harris was ruled out - but nobody expected we wouldn’t try everything to win. Nobody thought our coach would throw away the last game for a lot of these players to cater to one.

MU loses 3 games,

The bowl has nothing to do with it. We were playing to not have a losing season. It's also just a continuation of what we've been seeing most of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT