ADVERTISEMENT

So mods: Why did y’all ban Rifle?

Wait a second... that’s not Gary.

giphy.gif
U still got it

Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
I've held back on saying something regarding this for a while, but enough is enough. Calling yourself a sports information director is an insult to people who actually are SIDs. You have no idea how much work goes into being a sports information director, the long hours and late nights, the daily media sessions and updating game notes, record books and publications, on top of the social media, statting games and sending releases, scores and stats. Saying you're an SID for a high school team is a farce and is insulting to those of us who do this for a living.
Do you know who this man's cousin in law is? If so, I bet you wouldn't be talking that way.

I just realized I haven't gotten into this thread, so I'm officially 'in'.

Which comes first?

Yagi being reinstated, or Herdzilla getting his due credit for coining Herd Nation?

My two cents would be to allow Yagi to have his sentence commuted early, at least prior to opening game kickoff, assuming his 30 days isn't up by then.

I always look forward to prominent postgame commentary by Yagi, Herd Fever, SamC, and Herdzilla.
I wonder if Coach did this to build up preseason excitement. You know the return of Yagi!!! People counting down the days. You know where they do one of those daily countdowns and there is all kinds of buzz about it. Maybe it is a part of Coach's master plan.

Reactions: 19MU88
I wonder if Coach did this to build up preseason excitement. You know the return of Yagi!!! People counting down the days. You know where they do one of those daily countdowns and there is all kinds of buzz about it. Maybe it is a part of Coach's master plan.
I think you might be onto something here. We were duped by this temporary banning, sort of like Ali's rope a dope. I was preparing myself to rely on Fever for my pregame insights. Hope they let Yagi back the Friday before opening game, so me and dherd can get enough expert analysis prior to filling out our bets.

I think you might be onto something here. We were duped by this temporary banning, sort of like Ali's rope a dope. I was preparing myself to rely on Fever for my pregame insights. Hope they let Yagi back the Friday before opening game, so me and dherd can get enough expert analysis prior to filling out our bets.

I gave this a "like" to try and lure Rifle some random new poster into responding.

I gave this a "like" to try and lure Rifle some random new poster into responding.
I was pulling up old posts, and looking at insights from Fever and Yags from a year ago. I think even Yags would admit that Fever is more knowledgeable in football. Granted, Yags may have him when it comes to spelling and grammar, but Fever is definitely more in tune with today's game. What is Fever's new handle? Tell him me and Sistersville still consider him a friend.

Reactions: i am herdman
It’s pretty clear to me Rifle underestimated the moderators ability to block him when he mocked them about IP bans, then again maybe he just overestimated his own intelligence and ability to get around the ban.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Of course you did, Gary.

G
Indy is my brother. I first introduced him to these forums and we started LetsGoHerd.com aka Herd Nation and eventually HerdNation.com back in 1999 after the original Rivals went bankrupt.

As it relates to this website the term "Herd Nation" was first coined by a poster named MUther. He is still quietly around today posting over on CSNBBS. He had t-shirts printed as early as as 1997 (Fear the Herd!). We were all on a forum called GoHerd.com that eventually became that first Marshall Rivals site mentioned above.

If anyone used the term before then, I don't know but that is where we first got the name. Several posters on that site are still on here today. We had some wonderful times and many have become my close friends.

Thanks, ARANDOMHERDFAN.....for clarity. You stated
...."If anyone used the term (Herd Nation) before then, I don't know but that is where we first got the name." The TEE-SHIRTS came long after the forum was created. I still have one, a bit small now. AGAIN, since I am a long-time Boston Red Sox fan...I first HERD ---Red Sox Nation from the Sox announcers, perhaps as early as 1995-96?. Therefore, I started using the word HERD NATION in many of my posts. I am not trying to CLAIM the name's origin...I am sharing I used HERD NATION long before every school or team or politician or car dealership used the WORD==XXXXXXXX NATION.... describing their footprint.

Sorta like Penn State was FIRST to chant.... We Are-----Penn State.

Nothing More---Nothing Less.

The thing I missed most about the original FEAR THE HERD was there was no bickering in the old days. I guess the posters back then had more class and the main reason was to "talk up" HERD sports.

Nothing More---Nothing less.

HerdZilla22 in HERD NATION

This board is basically a circle jerk now. The guy who played here and coached at B-C, his multiple aliases, his boys, and the people who hate Gary vs. The Guy in Charlotte with Corny Catchphrases (you know, Gary).

I wonder how many people you guys combined have driven off? This board used to be rather lively. Now it smells like b!tch in here.

....in before "Don't let the door hit you" remarks are made. :eyeroll:

Reactions: pdbailey
I think the board should advertise "not having to deal with trolls and bullshit" as their primary selling point for premium membership.

This board is basically a circle jerk now. The guy who played here and coached at B-C, his multiple aliases, his boys, and the people who hate Gary vs. The Guy in Charlotte with Corny Catchphrases (you know, Gary).

I wonder how many people you guys combined have driven off? This board used to be rather lively. Now it smells like b!tch in here.

Well, it was exciting and Coach banned rifle for a period of time. There is nothing to fill that void now. I am too old and just don't give a shit too much anymore.

Frankly, the bigger issue is Marshall football is like watching and talking bout paint drying or grass growing. And some people just want Yes Men and they don't want to get in trouble with the powers that be.

Just not a lot going on even with the season a couple of weeks away.

Well, it was exciting and Coach banned rifle for a period of time. There is nothing to fill that void now. I am too old and just don't give a shit too much anymore.

Frankly, the bigger issue is Marshall football is like watching and talking bout paint drying or grass growing. And some people just want Yes Men and they don't want to get in trouble with the powers that be.

Just not a lot going on even with the season a couple of weeks away.

Agreed. Criticism is frowned upon. Why? I'm not sure but I can only guess that too many people at MU have fragile egos.

We are two weeks from the season and there is no hype. I'm guessing the level of expectation is about the same as well. As long as we get 8 wins and a bowl game, I guess all is well when your perspective is full of sand.

Reactions: ARandomHerdFan

HEY HubbMU
...dont blame me for Rifle's condescending remarks to MANY folks on this Board. He got his ass banned for good reason! So you claim PEOPLE HATE ME! THE BIBLE TEACHES NOT TO HATE!

I got banned for 30-days and LIKE the MAN I AM...I abided by the decision of the Mod.

Nothing More---Nothing Less!

HEY HubbMU...dont blame me for Rifle's condescending remarks to MANY folks on this Board. He got his ass banned for good reason! So you claim PEOPLE HATE ME! THE BIBLE TEACHES NOT TO HATE!

I got banned for 30-days and LIKE the MAN I AM...I abided by the decision of the Mod.

Nothing More---Nothing Less!

my bible says something about handling serpents. I read that when I was four years old, and have been playing with myself ever since.

Reactions: CarolinaZilla69
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT