ADVERTISEMENT

Where Is Coach Stowers?

Come on Stowers, don't be a quitter. You want to blame Litton and his turnovers, why don't we have a serviceable backup on the roster? Why hasn't Litton developed any in the last three years? Who has been his QB coach?

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
Come on Stowers, don't be a quitter. You want to blame Litton and his turnovers, why don't we have a serviceable backup on the roster? Why hasn't Litton developed any in the last three years? Who has been his QB coach?

We may very well have a serviceable backup, but why would you blow a red-shirt 8 or 9 games into the season?

Chase has improved in some areas (maturity more so than anything). His issue seems to be consistency. He’ll make 2 or 3 throws that may him look like a legit prospect, and then make 2 or 3 throws that make you shake your head.

Having a guy you won't play is not having a backup. What you're saying is Morrell was a wasted scholarship, as was Gaines. So either the staff did a bad job evaluating those two or lacks the ability to develop them. Man, you're just brutal on the staff accusing them of that.

Having a guy you won't play is not having a backup. What you're saying is Morrell was a wasted scholarship, as was Gaines. So either the staff did a bad job evaluating those two or lacks the ability to develop them. Man, you're just brutal on the staff accusing them of that.

No, what I’m saying is that the staff made a choice at the beginning of the season to play for the future by red-shirting Morrell and Green. Gaines is no longer a QB so he’s irrelevant.

We may very well have a serviceable backup, but why would you blow a red-shirt 8 or 9 games into the season?

Chase has improved in some areas (maturity more so than anything). His issue seems to be consistency. He’ll make 2 or 3 throws that may him look like a legit prospect, and then make 2 or 3 throws that make you shake your head.

It’s your fault chase, it’s your fault they won’t find a new system that will work. One that doesn’t require you to play to nfl standard night in and out. It’s your fault chase that all the play calling doesn’t make any sense..

Come on man how many time do we have to say our system does not work well, and does not work for chase, we have to change accordingly to our talents and if a staff can not change that then they are not worth having period.... sorry chase everyone expects you to be perfect all the time.....

So the coaches have put us in a situation where if Litton is hurt - not injured - and has to miss a quarter we just have to throw away the game with White behind center? Solid planning and depth management there.

Reactions: JC102
It’s your fault chase, it’s your fault they won’t find a new system that will work. One that doesn’t require you to play to nfl standard night in and out. It’s your fault chase that all the play calling doesn’t make any sense..

Come on man how many time do we have to say our system does not work well, and does not work for chase, we have to change accordingly to our talents and if a staff can not change that then they are not worth having period.... sorry chase everyone expects you to be perfect all the time.....

No coaching staff changes their entire system year-to-year to play to the strengths of one player.

So the coaches have put us in a situation where if Litton is hurt - not injured - and has to miss a quarter we just have to throw away the game with White behind center? Solid planning and depth management there.

Unfortunately, that’s exactly what I’m saying and I tend to agree considering some things.

No coaching staff changes their entire system year-to-year to play to the strengths of one player.

This is our third year without Cato and still running most of the same scheme. Also, I have seen coaches adapt a system in a week when a QB goes down and the backup has a different skill set.

The annoying, okay, one of the annoying things is that Legg actually started the year with some new wrinkles, but after a few weeks fell right back into the same rut. Personally, I'm just started to think he's lazy and doesn't want to put in the time to tweak the gameplan from week to week based on what the opponent can and can't do well. It appears his depth of adjustment is simply identifying the weakest corner and telling Chase that whoever the weak corner is covering should be his first option.

It appears his depth of adjustment is simply identifying the weakest corner and telling Chase that whoever the weak corner is covering should be his first option.

I definitely think one of the first things they try to do is identify matchups.

‘If you don’t donate, we don’t want your opinion” backfired for Hamrick as well. This would go to the top of the list of what not to do to build the fan base.

Reactions: Marine03
I don’t see your point.

All good coaches can and will change wherever they need to change even if it’s between possession....... not here at marshall we will run what bill legg has installed no matter.... why cause eventually we will have a great possession and bill will look like the best thing ever, but if you fumble or drop a pass or miss a kick well then sorry, it’s your fault we can’t overcome and win...!!

All good coaches can and will change wherever they need to change even if it’s between possession....... not here at marshall we will run what bill legg has installed no matter.... why cause eventually we will have a great possession and bill will look like the best thing ever, but if you fumble or drop a pass or miss a kick well then sorry, it’s your fault we can’t overcome and win...!!

No one changes their entire schemes games to game, much less in between possessions. That’s why you scout teams on their tendencies. All you can do is try to add subtle changes that doesn’t affect your execution too severely. That’s where we struggle it seems. Whether it be by design or how well the players absorb it, I don’t know.

I completely understand that, but those fans’ opinions shouldn’t matter nearly as much as the ones that do. Money talks!
I won't throw good money at bad and the only thing that brings about change is hitting them in the wallet. Someone could give them a million bucks and it doesn't make this coaching staff any better.

You are right money talks.

Reactions: goherdorgohome2
No one changes their entire schemes games to game, much less in between possessions. That’s why you scout teams on their tendencies. All you can do is try to add subtle changes that doesn’t affect your execution too severely. That’s where we struggle it seems. Whether it be by design or how well the players absorb it, I don’t know.

I can see why your so high on this coaching staff, or should I say low..?

Good coaches make the proper changes, I never said they need to change there entire style in between possession, but they will make major changes if something isn’t working... our entire offensive change should have came in January with a new coach, because bill legg can not change anything some ole crap..

Can you say our offense scheme sucks?

I can see why your so high on this coaching staff, or should I say low..?

Good coaches make the proper changes, I never said they need to change there entire style in between possession, but they will make major changes if something isn’t working... our entire offensive change should have came in January with a new coach, because bill legg can not change anything some ole crap..

Can you say our offense *offensive scheme sucks?

I love your intelligence....!!

For someone that likes to take shots at someone else’s intelligence, your grammar sure could use some work.

For someone that likes to take shots at someone else’s intelligence, your grammar sure could use some work.

Good god nice comeback...!! Didnt no I had two right everythang purfect to get mi point acros....Grammar nazi.

Glad to see you can not say our offense scheme sucks. I knew you wouldn’t cause your afraid of what doc will think of you..!

Reactions: THUNDERGround
Good god nice comeback...!! Didnt no I had two right everythang purfect to get mi point acros....Grammar nazi.

Glad to see you can not say our offense scheme sucks. I knew you wouldn’t cause your afraid of what doc will think of you..!

It’s no well-oiled machine, but “sucks” isn’t the right word to describe it. We’ve averaged 443 yards/game the last two weeks with seven lost possessions. If you average, say roughly, 30 yards/possession (low balling) then that’s another 210 yards. That would equate to 548 yards/game or to better put it, an offense that doesn’t suck.

With that said, those are “if’s and but’s”......

"Our team struggles it seems...."whether it be by design or how well our players absorb it". Are you implying this teams players are not intelligent enough to learn more than three plays? Play 1....run to left side for two yards. Play 2.....wing it about 45 yards to covered receiver ......Play 3......heave it to receiver covered by two defenders about 58 yards....rather than attempt passes of 7-10 yards to keep our offense on the field." We think we understand our coaching strategy now.

Last edited:
Reactions: goherdorgohome2
"Our team struggles it seems...."whether it be by design or how well our players absorb it". Are you implying this teams players are not intelligent enough to learn more than three plays? Play 1....run to left side for two yards. Play 2.....wing it at 45 yards to covered receiver ......Play three......heave it to receiver covered by two defenders about 58 yards....rather than attempt passes of 7-10 yards to keep our offense on the field." We think we understand our coaching strategy now.

What are you talking about? We throw the 8-yard hitch probably more than any team in college football.

For two years now, fans have complained that we haven’t tried stretching the field enough, and now that we’re doing it, they’re saying we do it too much. This is just laughable anymore.

Reactions: goherd73
What are you talking about? We throw the 8-yard hitch probably more than any team in college football.

For two years now, fans have complained that we haven’t tried stretching the field enough, and now that we’re doing it, they’re saying we do it too much. This is just laughable anymore.

I’m glad we have tried to stretch the field but we can not because our QB isn’t accurate... so what should we do.? I know we run the ball to the left for 2 yards.. now it’s 3rd and 8 what do we do,? I know we have every wide receiver run 5 yards and curl and we make the grab just shy of the down marker.... and scene.

Oh, I forgot we have play 4....the 8 yard hitch. Stretching the field, Josh means not throwing hail marry passes that have little chance being completed. Marshall playbook. Break huddle.....players look at sideline for 23 seconds.....time clock close to expiring....run play 1 to LEFT for 1-yard gain. Huddle up. Break huddle.....players stare to sideline while play clock ticks and almost expires.....Run play 2 left again placing the offense in 3rd and 8 yards......Huddle up. Break huddle and wait until play clock is about to expire.....Chase looks at single receiver (no check offs to secondary receivers) and throws a 45 yard pass to streaking player covered by 1-2 defenders. Play 4.....kicking team comes on the field. Please explain how much the "8 yard hitch" is used to pick up a first down. Perhaps Chase is not capable learning the playbook? Please read others posters comments. They are seeing the same offense that most of us are complaining about.

Oh, I forgot we have play 4....the 8 yard hitch. Stretching the field, Josh means not throwing hail marry passes that have little chance being completed. Marshall playbook. Break huddle.....players look at sideline for 23 seconds.....time clock close to expiring....run play 1 to LEFT for 1-yard gain. Huddle up. Break huddle.....players stare to sideline while play clock ticks and almost expires.....Run play 2 left again placing the offense in 3rd and 8 yards......Huddle up. Break huddle and wait until play clock is about to expire.....Chase looks at single receiver (no check offs to secondary receivers) and throws a 45 yard pass to streaking player covered by 1-2 defenders. Play 4.....kicking team comes on the field. Please explain how much the "8 yard hitch" is used to pick up a first down. Perhaps Chase is not capable learning the playbook? Please read others posters comments. They are seeing the same offense that most of us are complaining about.

Again, we had 21 first downs last night. We achieved a first down on 26% of the plays we ran. Protect the ball and we win.....EASILY.

Reactions: herddds and JudgeDD
Honestly, we should just go with a 21 or 22 package, run play action a dozen times a game, you know full Big 10 circa 1985. It would be better than having an ultra conservative head coach and OC pretending to be spread guys when they have no idea how to pull if off.

Oh, and a lot of our yardage the last few weeks have come as a result of being way behind and having teams willing to give up yards in exchange for time. During those games how many yards and points did we put up in the first half? Somebody told me the other day that we do not have a first quarter offensive touchdown in any home game this year. I didn't check it, but seems right. Does that sound like a prepared offense to you? I believe we also didn't have one in Charlotte and know we didn't have one at FAU. That's 6 out of 9 games our offense hasn't scored a TD in the first Q. Solid game plans and exploitation of identified match-ups wouldn't you say?

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
I completely understand that, but those fans’ opinions shouldn’t matter nearly as much as the ones that do. Money talks!
Not every fan is so fortunate. Didn't realize our brain was stored in our wallets. You mean to tell me a fan that buys tickets for a social event but doesn't even know our players names can form a better opinion about our team than the fan who can't afford any of those things but follows the team every single week doing what they can when they can? Absolutely crazy

Not every fan is so fortunate. Didn't realize our brain was stored in our wallets. You mean to tell me a fan that buys tickets for a social event but doesn't even know our players names can form a better opinion about our team than the fan who can't afford any of those things but follows the team every single week doing what they can when they can? Absolutely crazy

And that’s understandable, but when it comes to listening to fans, they have no choice but to listen to the ones that pay the bills first.

There’s a good chance that people buying season tickets and/or donating money to the athletic department are legit fans and know the players’ names.

: 468"]And that’s understandable, but when it comes to listening to fans, they have no choice but to listen to the ones that pay the bills first.

There’s a good chance that people buying season tickets and/or donating money to the athletic department are legit fans and know the players’ names.[/QUOTE]

Complete and utter bullshit

Reactions: jocktalker
So Josh we achieved 21 first downs against FAU. What point are you trying to make? We lost so how do the 21 first downs really matter? Explain your logic please.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT