ADVERTISEMENT

Where Is Coach Stowers?

Fun fact, a non season ticket holding friend of mine took his family of 5 and his brothers family of 6 to one game this year.... I am pretty sure he alone has spent more then most season ticket holding fans have.. pretty sad he had to spend like 700$ to enjoy an evening watching the mighty bill legg and his playbook of pure offensive bliss....

Reactions: Marine03
See Josh that answer is stinky thinking....."lead to some people being upset unfortunately." If you continue to do the same thing----you usually get the same results. Prices for end zone seats under the scoreboard should be priced at no more than $10 and no assigned seating. Family of four gets in for $40...less than going to the movie. Free tickets for area high school kids with a paying adult is another sound idea too. $10 is better than $0 and an empty stadium. Players don't care who payed what $ amount to fill a seat....they care about looking up at butts in seats!

I think you misunderstood my point. I’m not against it. I just stated that I could see other fans getting upset.

Fun fact, a non season ticket holding friend of mine took his family of 5 and his brothers family of 6 to one game this year.... I am pretty sure he alone has spent more then most season ticket holding fans have.. pretty sad he had to spend like 700$ to enjoy an evening watching the mighty bill legg and his playbook of pure offensive bliss....

Did he see a win?

See Josh that answer is stinky thinking....."lead to some people being upset unfortunately." If you continue to do the same thing----you usually get the same results. Prices for end zone seats under the scoreboard should be priced at no more than $10 and no assigned seating. Family of four gets in for $40...less than going to the movie. Free tickets for area high school kids with a paying adult is another sound idea too. $10 is better than $0 and an empty stadium. Players don't care who payed what $ amount to fill a seat....they care about looking up at butts in seats!

Of course they don’t care, cause most of the fans there haven’t paid enough for them to matter. that’s doc 101, if the fans are not wearing a Marshall shirt and are not sitting in the chair-backs they don’t have an opinion and we could careless about them... according to josh

Of course they don’t care, cause most of the fans there haven’t paid enough for them to matter. that’s doc 101, if the fans are not wearing a Marshall shirt and are not sitting in the chair-backs they don’t have an opinion and we could careless about them... according to josh

That’s actually not my opinion at all, but thanks!

If you’re in the stadium, and coordinating your wardrobe with the athletic department, then I’m all for you.

Now, that’s assuming you’re a season ticket holder or a BG member.

I’m not even against people who aren’t season ticket holders or BG members. I just don’t understand why those people tend to believe the athletic department should cater to them before others who are.

Well Josh I really did not realize how many posters were going to answer the question that began this thread. Guess everyone was wondering huh!

Honestly, I dont understand why Marshall doesnt just sell single game ticket for $10 bucks kids under 13 are in for free.More people would show up.

I can go see San Diego State play for half the price of a Marshall ticket.

In order to make money in poor areas.

1. YOU HAVE TO MAKE IT AFFORDABLE FOR THE POOR MAJORITY OF THE AREA.

2. It HAS to be entertaining. Poor people will not spend money if A. Doesnt benefit them B. Doesnt entertain them C. Support (Food, Clothing, Shelter) D. Illegal Activity.

3. Dont disrespect them.

That’s actually not my opinion at all, but thanks!

Your opinion was absolutely just that.. if you don’t pay enough money you don’t matter enough to have an opinion, remember saying money talks... now cause you have assumed people on here do not attend events, have season tickets, donate, or buy school clothing, you automatically think when I say bill legg sucks, my opinion don’t matter and you want facts, well it should matter cause I do contribute, now everyone is saying it and your so scared of getting “chuck-ed” out of meetings and special access that you can not even say we are right about our coaches and automatically put all the blame of the players.... geezzzz man you are definitely drinking the kool aid that doc poured you...!

I think you misunderstood my point. I’m not against it. I just stated that I could see other fans getting upset.

Josh in that case....then Marshall has a bigger problem than I thought. I'm a 110% BG member....only a few levels from the top levels of giving. Why? Marshall University helped mold me to whom I am today. I also give to the School of JRN. I could find other areas to spend my $$$$....I find it important to support Marshall. If our decision makers permit "other fans" to dictate why we have empty seats.....due to discounted costs...then we need to replace those decision makers.....attendance may not be a coach/team issue. Some Jealous ass season ticket holders may be killing our attendance. That SUCKS.

HerdZilla22

goherd2.....I don't think Josh is saying that...he is merely pointing out FACTS why we have empty seats and a core cause is some BG members/ticket holders bitch about kids receiving discounted ticket pricing. That SUCKS.

HerdZilla22

now everyone is saying it and your so scared of getting “chuck-ed” out of meetings and special access that you can not even say we are right about our coaches and automatically put all the blame of the players....

That has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion. I’ve done and said plenty to upset people on staff and in the athletic department.

goherd2.....I don't think Josh is saying that...he is merely pointing out FACTS why we have empty seats and a core cause is some BG members/ticket holders bitch about kids receiving discounted ticket pricing. That SUCKS.

HerdZilla22

No I’m pretty sure all this convo started with him mad cause he got his feelings hurt after he singled out the players for all the errors and the losses and we all called him on it.... then that turned into him assuming I don’t have season tickets or donate so people like me shouldn’t be aloud to complain cause my opinions don’t matter...... pretty sure that’s what started the whole who comes to games and who pays more,

HerdZilla22

That’s not what I’m saying at all.

Good night... I have a job that makes money so I can buy season tickets that I must get rest for. I don’t get freebies like some opinionated people on here do...

he got his feelings hurt after he singled out the players for all the errors and the losses and we all called him on it....

With all due respect, I could not care less what you or anyone says about me. I’m beyond comfortable with who I am and what I know. Reading some Monday morning quarterback’s comments is the least of my worries on a daily basis. I just get tired of people texting me and saying, “who is such and such and why do they just keep on saying the same clueless things over and over.”

No, you said “I think it’s comical that so many people who don’t contribute to the program have opinions.”
It’s right there in black and white

Insinuating they shouldn’t have opinions, not that they don’t matter.
So then, why were you so against Jim Justice over the summer? I'm sure he donates more than 99% of us....so his opinion should REALLY matter.

Reactions: HerdFan73
I've missed exactly two games since 2012. Last year for MTSU and this year for FIU. The first was because my fiancée's father passed away and the latter because I had surgery the day before....

And when I go to the games, I usually take at least two of my kids and two of their friends. There's at least $125 not to mention concessions.. so anyone who doesn't think I support or give my money to Marshall can kiss my ass.

So then, why were you so against Jim Justice over the summer? I'm sure he donates more than 99% of us....so his opinion should REALLY matter.

Having an opinion and effectively trying to eliminate a coach and athletic director are two different things.

I've missed exactly two games since 2012. Last year for MTSU and this year for FIU. The first was because my fiancée's father passed away and the latter because I had surgery the day before....

And when I go to the games, I usually take at least two of my kids and two of their friends. There's at least $125 not to mention concessions.. so anyone who doesn't think I support or give my money to Marshall can kiss my ass.

I don’t think anyone would say that about you. If they did, they’d be sorely mistaken.

Again, my comments (and Hamrick’s as well) were meant for people who live in the tri-state and don’t buy season tickets, don’t support the BG, or don’t attend on a regular basis.

For anyone that does any of those three things, I applaud you and think we need more people like you.

Having an opinion and effectively trying to eliminate a coach and athletic director are two different things.

I agree...just because Jim was elected Governor....and the fact he gives and uses his money for power.....does not give him the right to get Doc and MH fired. This is Marshall....not Greenbrier HS.

HerdZilla22

I don’t think anyone would say that about you. If they did, they’d be sorely mistaken.

Again, my comments (and Hamrick’s as well) were meant for people who live in the tri-state and don’t buy season tickets, don’t support the BG, or don’t attend on a regular basis.

For anyone that does any of those three things, I applaud you and think we need more people like you.

Do you honestly think there are people that live in the Tri-state, that don’t go to Marshall games, do not buy Marshall clothing, have no desire to support this school, or never offer a donation that are on this board trying to express their opinions about how awful our team looks right now....!

Quit trying to crawldad on what you originally said about Marshall fans and there opinions not mattering and putting all the blame of the last 2 losses on the players......... you said it, not us... quit trying to convince us that someone’s opinion matters more cause they pay more money... we’re not buying it

Oh no Vince youre alive and well please come save our football program

Well, I’d start with firing Bill Legg. That would give an attendance increase of about 8k. That solves two issues right there. Then, I’d hit the JUCO ranks for a QB, and the next time Chase throws a pick off his back foot I’d bench him

3 issues solved and I’ve not even been announced yet, How’s that for progress?

Reactions: THUNDERGround
Well, I’d start with firing Bill Legg. That would give an attendance increase of about 8k. That solves two issues right there. Then, I’d hit the JUCO ranks for a QB, and the next time Chase throws a pick off his back foot I’d bench him

You honestly think the reason 8,000 people do not come to games, is because of the OC?

You honestly think the reason 8,000 people do not come to games, is because of the OC?
It's very possible that's the case, probably a smaller number though. Our offense isn't exciting, no one could say it is. Let's say we bring in an OC that likes to score. If attendance went up only 2,000 fans per game, and if they only bought a $25 ticket...that's an extra $300,000 per year. Throw in apparel sales at the new team shop and concessions...the move would pay for itself.

It's very possible that's the case, probably a smaller number though. Our offense isn't exciting, no one could say it is. Let's say we bring in an OC that likes to score. If attendance went up only 2,000 fans per game, and if they only bought a $25 ticket...that's an extra $300,000 per year. Throw in apparel sales at the new team shop and concessions...the move would pay for itself.
I was so disgusted with Rippon that I almost questioned whether or not to buy season tickets for the next year. He couldn't stop a toy train with a baseball bat.

Reactions: cottrell75
Exactly, I’ve lived in buffalo the past 5 years and am moving to Connecticut in a few weeks. No way in hell I’m making a trip in to see a shit team come like Charlotte or ODU. I made UofL last year and haven’t been back. There is no one in conference I can justify spending the time and money to travel in for.
When I lived in Huntington I bought season tickets, and was there every game

Same here.

And I can drive 20 minutes and watch the defending Heisman winner...75 minutes and watch SEC football...90 minutes and see Big Ten football...people have choices, and they make them.

Josh says players fault not coaches fault... I figured you would say that......! make sure to come up for air every once in awhile, and don’t choke!
I didn't say it was the players or coaches fault. He just stated facts. turnovers! Litton is better this year but he still has a ways to go.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT