ADVERTISEMENT

Why so many running backs in this class?

The new defensive coordinator at ODU that just came from WVU offered as soon as he took the new job. He loves the kid but he wanted to stay close home. He is walking on at WVU but was told he was have gone to Marshall if offered. I follow instate recruiting and just like some of the other names I mention every year Doc lets gets slip away. My guess is he ends up at linebacker.

So because ODU offered we should?

ODU is the worst team in the worst conference in FBS ball.

He got an offer from ODU, 6-1, 205 runs a 4.55 forty

The kid himself says he runs a 4.55 so let’s be real here and agree that he’s probably running in the 4.6’s.

And what does ODU offering have anything to do with it?

A kid who couldnt even make first team all state in one of the lowest talent classifications in the entire country should be on scholarship at Marshall?

Are you related to him or something?

So Marshall should’ve offered a kid that couldn’t even make First-Team All-State RB in Single-A?
Tweet
Share[URL='http://wvmetronews.com/2019/12/10/class-a-all-state-football-team-3/#']11

By MetroNews in High School Sports | December 10, 2019 at 12:01AM

Class A all-state football team as selected by the West Virginia Sports Writers Association

First-Team Offense

OL – Cole James, Doddridge County, Sr.

OL – Liam Fultineer, Mount View, Sr.

OL – Cy Persinger, Midland Trail, Jr.

OL – Hunter Bowling, Sherman, Jr.

OL – Leewood Molessa, Williamstown, Jr.

WR – Griffin Devericks, Doddridge County, Sr.

WR – Caleb May, Tug Valley, Jr.

QB – Ethan Varney, Tug Valley, Sr.

RB – Hunter America, Doddridge County, Sr. (captain)

RB – Noah Brown, Greenbrier West, Jr.

RB – Ty Moore, Williamstown, Sr.

K – Atikilt Tamiru, Moorefield, Jr.

Utility – Mark Rucker, Tyler Consolidated, Sr.

Utility – Jeb Boice, Parkersburg Catholic, Sr.

Utility – Zach McClung, Greenbrier West

looks like he made it to me[/URL]

The kid himself says he runs a 4.55 so let’s be real here and agree that he’s probably running in the 4.6’s.

And what does ODU offering have anything to do with it?
still bring him in move to linebacker and that is a pro time for linebackers

Kid is not even an All state Linebacker.

Honestly name the last Single A kid from WV that did anything on the FBS level. And please dont bring up anyone before 2000.

Shit name the last Single A kid from WVU that was even offered an FBS scholarship

I hate to tell you guys this but Marshall isn't crashing the access bowl with NR recruits from WV. We need to find another Kevin Grooms or another Steward Butler and find some way, by god, to keep them from punching a woman or a gay couple before graduating.

Kid is not even an All state Linebacker.

Honestly name the last Single A kid from WV that did anything on the FBS level. And please dont bring up anyone before 2000.

Shit name the last Single A kid from WVU that was even offered an FBS scholarship

Reed Williams from Moorefield that won MVP of the Fiesta Bowl

So now we should bring him in and change his position? I thought you were touting him as a RB?
He is a running back but its possible he can move to linebacker. Its what you do when you recruit talent. Shoot, it has come out in this thread that it looks like JJ is already being moved to linebacker and he was recruited as a RB

If I am going to recruit anyone on that list it is the 2 senior lineman as PWOs

Doc needs to reach out to Sean See the 6-11, 340 lbs. (75) offensive tackle from Keyser. Also talking to WVU about a PWO.

Doc needs to reach out to Sean See the 6-11, 340 lbs. (75) offensive tackle from Keyser. Also talking to WVU about a PWO.

Yea too tall probably has no bend to be an effective tackle on the FBS level

This is not true.

Marshall has been pretty clear about their intentions with him.
well Chris just said three of the five running backs coming in were getting moved to another position and WVU and NC State both recruited him as a linebacker

Yea too tall probably has no bend to be an effective tackle on the FBS level
WVU had a kid name John Ray from Charleston back in the 90's that was 6-10 and he started three years

So 1 in 20 years lol
Casey Vance from Seneca Rocks played at WVU and Reed's brother also played at wvu, Chad Johnston from Peterstown was a three year starter at QB for WVU

Casey Vance from Seneca Rocks played at WVU and Reed's brother also played at wvu, Chad Johnston from Peterstown was a three year starter at QB for WVU

In the last 20 years? What did they accomplish on this level or are you just throwing names out there.

In the last 20 years? What did they accomplish on this level or are you just throwing names out there.
casey, chad, and Reed all started at started at wvu. Im sure Im missing a few

seth cook and josh evans signed with Marshall

One quit and the other only played because we didnt have anyone else.

Just face the fact, Marshall and WVU arent offering scholarships to Single A kids in WV.

One quit and the other only played because we didnt have anyone else.

Just face the fact, Marshall and WVU arent offering scholarships to Single A kids in WV.
Oh we can tell Doc is not. That is for sure...ODU just did but Doc cant

seth cook and josh evans signed with Marshall

Do you think Doc recruits the kicker from Moorefield? He will be a senior next year and has several 50 yarders in a game to his credit.

Because he won't be here to be doing recruiting.
giphy.gif

and another wv kid Doc wont recruit....and considering his high school coach played at Marshall...

They’re already recruiting a WV kicker dude.

Why do you even attempt posting about recruiting?

You have no clue what you’re talking about.

Let me guess: after committing, Doc will say the kid was an All-American (false) while playing at Temple (false) before transferring to Marshall even though he never played at Temple.

Nothing like having absolutely no clue about the kids you have sign with your program. If he is that far off on the kids who has has sign with his program, how are we supposed to believe he has any clue about the attitude/quality of person of the kids who haven’t even signed yet?

So, the fan base is getting restless, attendance is down, and excitement is down. Do you think you getting more butts in seats, or create more media attention around the state if you use instate kids?

DD is painting the perfect blueprint for how it can be done. BP worked his tail off instate and worked to build a fan base. Im sure you remember how BP worked this state or are you to young to know?

Let me guess: after committing, Doc will say the kid was an All-American (false) while playing at Temple (false) before transferring to Marshall even though he never played at Temple.

Nothing like having absolutely no clue about the kids you have sign with your program. If he is that far off on the kids who has has sign with his program, how are we supposed to believe he has any clue about the attitude/quality of person of the kids who haven’t even signed yet?
Doc does not know how to evaluate talent. He recruits by who else has offered. If there is a kid that can play and compete at Marshall but is under the radar with little interest from other schools then Doc will still not offer. Doc relies on others to do his talent evals for him. Now, he will take a chance on a kid that comes form a high school or area that he may want to recruit from in the future.

Last edited:
Doc does not know how to evaluate talent. He recruits by who else has offered. If there is a kid that can play and compete at Marshall but is under the radar with little interest from other schools then Doc will still not offer. Doc relies on others to do his talent evals for him. Now, he will take a chance on a kid that comes form a high school or area that he may want to recruit from in the future.
I’m wanting change at Marshall, but this post is so far off.
For one, have you looked at this years class? Plenty of the players we are their only offer or we battled fcs schools to get.
Doc seems to have an eye for talented athletes, but they either do not show up, get kicked off, play out of position, or do not improve their skills over the course of their career.

I’m wanting change at Marshall, but this post is so far off.
For one, have you looked at this years class? Plenty of the players we are their only offer or we battled fcs schools to get.
Doc seems to have an eye for talented athletes, but they either do not show up, get kicked off, play out of position, or do not improve their skills over the course of their career.
Yes, if you have followed any of my posts picking talent also means picking kids with the right attitude and ability to stay school at this level(meaning have heart, know how to fight thru adversity, and stay in school). The point is Doc recruits kids that others schools offer and does not take other things into consideration.

Yes, if you have followed any of my posts picking talent also means picking kids with the right attitude and ability to stay school at this level(meaning have heart, know how to fight thru adversity, and stay in school). The point is Doc recruits kids that others schools offer and does not take other things into consideration.

Hot take.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT