ADVERTISEMENT

RIVALS New Transfer Portal Features

Rivals has finally started to roll out features/lists/rankings centered around the transfer portal.

I'll go over a few of the updates I think are most valuable, but the front page where all Transfer Portal links can be found is here: https://portal.rivals.com

** First, the Transfer Tracker/Transfer Ranking page is live: https://n.rivals.com/transfer_tracker/2023

Because of the nature of the portal, the Transfer Rankings will be updated daily during the open windows (first window opens 12/5 and closes 1/18).

Screen-Shot-2022-11-25-at-2-42-36-PM.png

** Player cards will now have both a high school and college tab (to allow for transfer tracking).

The new cards are not yet able to be imbedded into message board posts (tech is working on fixing that), but you can see an example by clicking on Charles Montgomery's page:

Login to view embedded media
And no, don't freak out - Charles is not transferring. He was just the first name I came across on Marshall's 2022 commit list, so he is who I updated first. Stats automatically pull in from Yahoo, so they should be up to date and accurate.

** If you haven't already, give @RivalsPortal a follow. Very good resource to keep track of transfers.

** If mingling with the masses is your thing, there is a message board devoted strictly to transfer portal talk: https://forums.rivals.com/forums/football-transfer-portal.46/

HERDNATION.COM BLACK FRIDAY/CYBER MONDAY SALE! -- FULL YEAR OF RIVALS FOR JUST $22

Marshall's regular season just came to an end, but coverage will be heating up as the Thundering Herd learns where they will go bowling and National Signing Day inches closer and closer!

-- Join us today and get a full year of Rivals premium ($100 value) for just $22!

-- Are you new to our site? If so, start here to enroll in the new promotion.

Use the promotional code: RIVALS22

Season positives

To some degree, we're all probably left to wonder "what if" after a regular season that included a win at then-No. 10 Notre Dame and a 4-0 November. Don't get me wrong, there's some element of disappointment at regular-season's end. But more so, I'm choosing to look at the positives, the things we can build on moving forward. Here are some:

8 wins
*That's one better than Huff's first season and the most since 2019. Arguably, we beat the two best teams on our schedule: Notre Dame and James Madison. (Although Troy may be better than JMU.)

Strong finish
*It was the Herd's first undefeated November since 2013 (Herd went 5-0 that year). It's been discussed quite a bit in this forum how the Herd repeatedly folded down the stretch over the past several years. This is a huge positive going into the bowl game and next spring.

Notre Dame win
*Y'all know the game's impact. We'll be talking about it the rest of our lives. It should pay off in recruiting.

Exceeded preseason Sun Belt prediction
*Herd was picked to finish No. 4 in the SBC East preseason poll, behind 1. App State (lol), 2. Coastal, 3. Ga State. We finished third (or second, depending on how you look at it). We went 5-1 vs. the SBC East. That was the best in-division record in the East.

Defeated what we think will be our two biggest SBC rivals
*Herd 26, James Madison 12 (There will be some who'll say "But JMU didn't have their starting QB." Well, we didn't have our superstar RB (Ali) and it was RS freshman Cam Fancher's first career start. So those things tend to even out.)

*Herd 28, App State 21

Development of Cam Fancher
*Still a long way to go, but gotta admit: It's been fun watching him get better each week. Huge positive that should make us a tad more optimistic about 2023, though not fully sold yet.

Defense + running game
*I'm an old-school, Ohio football guy. I love winning with stingy defense and running the ball down opponents' throats. Go look at the SBC stats. The teams that play good defense and can run the ball are going bowling.

We live in a year-to-year world in college football now with the portal. I believe there are enough players with eligibility remaining who could help us keep building next year (if they stay). Looking back, Huff did a solid job re-recruiting his roster and keeping most key players from bolting after last season. I can think of two significant contributors who left -- QB Grant Wells, DT Jamare Edwards. That's not bad if you're Marshall, a school that P5 programs keep an eye on for talent because they know we have it regularly.

Would love to hear what you think should be added or subtracted from the list.

Senior Day?? For some...maybe...I think...or...maybe not?

COVID years, medical years, redshirt years, etc, etc, etc....I dont have a clue what to expect on senior day this Saturday. Usually we have a pretty good grasp of things and how they might play out, but i truly have no idea. I am going to list some people below.

The 6th year guys, with the exception of Laborn, I assume will be done after this year. They are:

Charlie Gray
Isaiah Norman
Stone Scarcelle
Andre Sam
Zach Appio
Kendrick Sartor
Devin Miller
Damon Barber
Esaias Carpenter

Anthony Watts is listed simply as a Grad, so I would assume he will be done as well.

Steven Gilmore is listed as a senior, as he never redshirted. This was his fifth year playing so he will be finishing his career at Marshall.

The next group of guys are redshirt seniors, i have no clue what types of decisions they will make, or what types of decisions they have available to them to make. I am fairly certain they have all completed their eligibility, but i thought Laborn was done as well.

Abraham Beauplan
Jace Bobo
Joshua Bowers
Stacey Marshall
Tyriek Bell
Koby Cumberlander
Cedrice Paillant
Henri Colombi

Everyone listed below should have eligibility left after this year.

The next group is Redshirt juniors, most likely they have already graduated, but should have eligibility left

Shadeed Ahmed
Sam Burton
Talik Keaton
Caleb McMillan
Corey Gammage
Demarco Gibson
EJ Jackson
J'Coryan Anderson
Tyshawn Hurst
Ethan Driskell
Owen Porter
Dalton Tucker
Rahmod Smith

And finally our two "True" Juniors who havent redshirted yet, and have a COVID Year

Micah Abraham
Eli Neal

8-4 that’s how you end the season

This team could have folded and they didn’t! Kudos to the staff and our players!! Let’s get a bill win and go into the off season 9-4 with a win over Notre Dame and a bowl win.

Yes I know it was a season of what ifs but I think it showed a lot of character to bounce back after some disappointing losses to finish the season strong!!

Go Herd!!!
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT