ADVERTISEMENT

Chris M

He’s got slightly better than a .500 record as a collegiate coach.
He’s taken over rebuild jobs. I’m a Panthers fan and he sucked there, but he’s shown the ability to turn college programs around.

He’s taken over rebuild jobs. I’m a Panthers fan and he sucked there, but he’s shown the ability to turn college programs around.
I like it, too. Nebraska wasn’t going to do better than Ruhle.

I get why 429 doesn’t like Ruhle (believe he’s a Panthers fan) but there’s no denying the man can rebuild a college program.

I get why 429 doesn’t like Ruhle (believe he’s a Panthers fan) but there’s no denying the man can rebuild a college program.
Many college coaches can’t succeed at the NFL level(see Saban and Spurrier for reference). Rhule is a college coach like those guys. Period. Heupel as an OC made Frost look like a genius, which landed him the Nebraska job which exposed him. I think Rhule will do well.

Ehh I’m not sold on his coaching ability at all after watching what’s happened in charlotte. Why any school would sign a coach to an 8 year deal is baffling as well

Nick Saban has been terrible with Alabama. I mean, did you watch those Dolphin teams?
What a moronic comparison. Nick saban had already proven himself in college winning a national championship at LSU multiple conference championships. He has NEVER had a losing record as a collegiate head coach. His worse record was his first two years at Michigan state where he went 6-5 and 6-6. He’s 284-69.

For whatever reason the ability to make the transition from college HC to NFL HC never seems to pan out. Some of the best have tried and failed miserably. The only success story that comes to mind is Pete Carroll. As a Panthers season ticker holder since their inception, I harbor no ill will towards Rhule, I hope he finds success at Nebraska. My concern lies with Tepper the owner, so far he comes across as a Billionaire Boys Club, Daniele Snyder type owner, someone who buys a new toy, but so far has refused to read the instruction manual.

Reactions: Jartard
For whatever reason the ability to make the transition from college HC to NFL HC never seems to pan out. Some of the best have tried and failed miserably. The only success story that comes to mind is Pete Carroll. As a Panthers season ticker holder since their inception, I harbor no ill will towards Rhule, I hope he finds success at Nebraska. My concern lies with Tepper the owner, so far he comes across as a Billionaire Boys Club, Daniele Snyder type owner, someone who buys a new toy, but so far has refused to read the instruction manual.
You have more authority in college. You can't really threaten pros like you can college kids. Pro coaches have to become master manipulators. You have to find ways to tap into a player's ego. Some of the stuff Phil Jackson would do to motivate guys was pretty interesting. In college you can bench or cut a player. I mean you can almost ground a college player. Good luck doing that with a pro player that's an adult and makes more than you do.

Reactions: Jartard
Whole heartedly agree on tepper. George shinn 2.0. He’s gonna piss everyone off and then leave. And he sucks as an owner in person.

What a moronic comparison. Nick saban had already proven himself in college winning a national championship at LSU multiple conference championships. He has NEVER had a losing record as a collegiate head coach. His worse record was his first two years at Michigan state where he went 6-5 and 6-6. He’s 284-69.

How are you not impressed with what he did in college?

I mean truly what does someone have to do to impress you.

Went from 1-11 at Temple and two years later won 10 games two straight years. Then went from 1-11 at Baylor and went 7-6 and 11-3.

Good grief.

Bobby Ross won a NC at Ga Tech, took the Chargers to the superbowl
Ruhl problem in Carolina wasnt Tepper, it was the fact he never fixed the QB problem.

Last edited:
Bobby Ross won a NC at Ga Tech, took the Chargers to the superbowl
Ruhl problem in Carolina wasnt Tepper, it was the fact he never fixed the QB problem.
I agree, the QB issue has been so mishandled it's become almost comical. That was ultimately the final straw in letting Rhule go. But during his short tenure as owner Tepper is alienating a very loyal fanbase pretty quickly, and it has more to do with how he conducts business than not producing a winner.

Reactions: tradebait
How are you not impressed with what he did in college?

I mean truly what does someone have to do to impress you.

Went from 1-11 at Temple and two years later won 10 games two straight years. Then went from 1-11 at Baylor and went 7-6 and 11-3.

Good grief.
Because he’s never been anywhere long enough to ultimately be successful. Rebuild, stay, and build a legit program of success. And he sucks at coaching which is evident during his tenure inncharlotte

Because he’s never been anywhere long enough to ultimately be successful. Rebuild, stay, and build a legit program of success. And he sucks at coaching which is evident during his tenure inncharlotte
Rebuild, stay, and build a legit program of success?

He rebuilt Tempe. He was there for four seasons and had 10 wins each of his final two years. That’s a hell of a rebuild. You expect him to stay and pass up tens of millions of dollars? Brilliant.

He rebuilt Baylor under a horrible situation. Again, you expect him to stay after rebuilding and succeeding and passing up millions? Brilliant.

And he can’t coach? Exactly what he did at Tempe and Baylor is head coaching at a high level of success. You realize that what he did in Charlotte was the same as Rivera had done the previous year, right? Rhule didn’t improve on that, but he also didn’t make them any worse.

Reactions: wvkeeper(HN)
Rebuild, stay, and build a legit program of success?

He rebuilt Tempe. He was there for four seasons and had 10 wins each of his final two years. That’s a hell of a rebuild. You expect him to stay and pass up tens of millions of dollars? Brilliant.

He rebuilt Baylor under a horrible situation. Again, you expect him to stay after rebuilding and succeeding and passing up millions? Brilliant.

And he can’t coach? Exactly what he did at Tempe and Baylor is head coaching at a high level of success. You realize that what he did in Charlotte was the same as Rivera had done the previous year, right? Rhule didn’t improve on that, but he also didn’t make them any worse.
Was he at Arizona State?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT