ADVERTISEMENT

“Why are we having all these people from sh!thole countries come here?”

I believe Fredrick Douglas was the first black man invited to the white house.They would not let him in. Lincoln goes to the gate and lets him in. Not until roosevelt was president did another black person get an invite. I think it was a black war hero. Dont really remember. Well the press and protestors made a really big story about it. Roosevelt got so mad he said I will never have another ****** invited to the whitehouse. Is he a moron.
^^Always moron?^^

He's not from Logan. Good grief. Besides sisters, have you ever met anyone on this board?

Close enough to Mingo County I suppose. I can count on one hand the number of people on this board I'd care to meet. And I wouldn't have to use all the fingers.

It was a meeting with Senators from both sides of the aisle, including the Senators aides. That doesn't sound like a private conversation to me.
Was it open to the public? Was there press around? Look Trumps an idiot and shouldnt have said it but it was a discussion about policy and there should be a certain level of privacy from both sides. Ive had many meetings with higher ups etc and not leaked it.

Now with that said trump and his staff should assume that anything he says will immediately be leaked and he should be forced to read off of a teleprompter 24/7 or have his mouth sewed shut.

I believe Fredrick Douglas was the first black man invited to the white house.They would not let him in. Lincoln goes to the gate and lets him in. Not until roosevelt was president did another black person get an invite. I think it was a black war hero. Dont really remember. Well the press and protestors made a really big story about it. Roosevelt got so mad he said I will never have another ****** invited to the whitehouse. Is he a moron.

I hear Frederick Douglass is somebody who's done an amazing job and is getting recognized more and more...

Was it open to the public? Was there press around? Look Trumps an idiot and shouldnt have said it but it was a discussion about policy and there should be a certain level of privacy from both sides. Ive had many meetings with higher ups etc and not leaked it.

Now with that said trump and his staff should assume that anything he says will immediately be leaked and he should be forced to read off of a teleprompter 24/7 or have his mouth sewed shut.

It is what it is. I don't think we need to continue debating it.

OMG, r u serious EG? I mean just because I don't agree with you on politics doesn't mean anything. Heck where I live I would lose half my friends if I thought like you. Man I have all kinds of friends some have great views like me and others have weird views like you and DHERD. o_O

Reactions: Walter Brennaneer
OMG, r u serious EG? I mean just because I don't agree with you on politics doesn't mean anything. Heck where I live I would lose half my friends if I thought like you. Man I have all kinds of friends some have great views like me and others have weird views like you and DHERD. o_O

You feeling guilty? No one but me knows who are counted in the number of less than five.

In all seriousness, the leader of the free world shouldn't be referring to other nations as "sh*tholes." It's unbecoming and beneath the dignity of the office. It also enforces the negative worldview that many have of us already. In short, they were terrible comments made by someone who should know better.
I agree if he actually said that. However go back and read the article. I will copy and paste a few things to look at. From the actual article reported by WAPO

according to several people briefed on the meeting.

“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” Trump said, according to these people.

WHO are these people? They were not even at the meeting.

I
would love to have a source. I do not trust WAPO

So in conclusion, if he said that I agree that is wrong. Help me out here who actually is on record who will say that he heard Trump say that? Asking for a friend.

I'm happier than you'll ever be. I stay that way because I don't associate with people like you except on the boards.
Unlike you I associate with people of all stripes. It makes me a better person. Maybe you should try it

Sen. Jeff Flake, a fierce Republican critic of the President, was not at the meeting but tweeted that he had heard directly from those who were in attendance.
"The words used by the President, as related to me directly following the meeting by those in attendance, were not 'tough,' " he said, taking issue with the President's tweet. "They were abhorrent and repulsive."
http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/12/politics/senators-trump-comment-tom-cotton/index.html

Sen. Jeff Flake, a fierce Republican critic of the President, was not at the meeting but tweeted that he had heard directly from those who were in attendance.
"The words used by the President, as related to me directly following the meeting by those in attendance, were not 'tough,' " he said, taking issue with the President's tweet. "They were abhorrent and repulsive."
http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/12/politics/senators-trump-comment-tom-cotton/index.html
so he wasn't in the meeting...priceless

Reactions: 19MU88
so he wasn't in the meeting...priceless

Lindsey Graham was. So was Durban. Durban has plainly stated that cheetos said what is being reported, and Durban also stated that "“(Graham) spoke up and made a direct comment on what the president said,” Durbin told reporters. “For him to confront the president as he did, literally sitting next to him, took extraordinary political courage and I respect him for it.”

lol, you think trump is the only president ever to engage in that type of talk "behind closed doors"? give me a fvckin break, he's a man. and, while not as polished as many others, he'd still be one of forty plus other presidents to have engaged in such talk when not in the public eye.

You really are a dumbass who doest have a clue how the higher educated folks behave.

I agree if he actually said that. However go back and read the article. I will copy and paste a few things to look at. From the actual article reported by WAPO

according to several people briefed on the meeting.

“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” Trump said, according to these people.

WHO are these people? They were not even at the meeting.

I
would love to have a source. I do not trust WAPO

So in conclusion, if he said that I agree that is wrong. Help me out here who actually is on record who will say that he heard Trump say that? Asking for a friend.

I’m seeing two different things from Trumpites here...(1) he said it and I’m happy that he said it, and (2) he didn’t say it because no one is on record he said it. You really can’t lose on this one. You have both sides covered.

This article quotes both a democrat and republican on the issue, both confirming what he said was inappropriate and two close Trump allies saying they did not recall the president saying these remarks “specifically”.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...hole-countries-tweet-denies-immigration-talks

I suggest that you take position #1. Trying to pass this off as misinformation and not really happening strains all credibility.

Reactions: countryroads89
I’m seeing two different things from Trumpites here...(1) he said it and I’m happy that he said it, and (2) he didn’t say it because no one is on record he said it. You really can’t lose on this one. You have both sides covered.

This article quotes both a democrat and republican on the issue, both confirming what he said was inappropriate and two close Trump allies saying they did not recall the president saying these remarks “specifically”.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...hole-countries-tweet-denies-immigration-talks

I suggest that you take position #1. Trying to pass this off as misinformation and not really happening strains all credibility.

does it really matter? bottom line is Trump is MAGA and following through on promises that got him elected. just enjoy the ride.

does it really matter? bottom line is Trump is MAGA and following through on promises that got him elected. just enjoy the ride.

Doesn’t change anyone’s minds, that’s for sure.

But what’s up with the glee for hatefulness? I can understand the position people take on immigration. This is a different world than it used to be. But I can’t understand the downright giddiness that people display with these hateful statements. You can support his policies on immigration without celebrating the mean-spirited statements directed at people whose only crime was they were born into an impoverished country with little hope. You might as well go to a poor neighborhood with your buddies and high five each other when one of them says...hey man...look at all those shithole poor people.

Doesn’t change anyone’s minds, that’s for sure.

But what’s up with the glee for hatefulness? I can understand the position people take on immigration. This is a different world than it used to be. But I can’t understand the downright giddiness that people display with these hateful statements. You can support his policies on immigration without celebrating the mean-spirited statements directed at people whose only crime was they were born into an impoverished country with little hope. You might as well go to a poor neighborhood with your buddies and high five each other when one of them says...hey man...look at all those shithole poor people.

We got tired of politically correct politicians

Reactions: 19MU88

I wasn't at the meeting and neither were you. I don't know if he said that or not. Two other Senators who were there say it did not happen.So Sen Cotton and Sen Purdue are on record saying they did not hear that.Only one person has said they heard him say that.

From the CNN article Sen. Lindsey Graham, a South Carolina Republican, was also part of the Oval Office sitdown. He suggested in a statement Friday that the President had said something questionable, but Graham did not directly say Trump had used the term "shithole" to describe African countries.

Durban has a history of making up crap.

Last edited:
Lindsey Graham was. So was Durban. Durban has plainly stated that cheetos said what is being reported, and Durban also stated that "“(Graham) spoke up and made a direct comment on what the president said,” Durbin told reporters. “For him to confront the president as he did, literally sitting next to him, took extraordinary political courage and I respect him for it.”
From the CNN article Sen. Lindsey Graham, a South Carolina Republican, was also part of the Oval Office sitdown. He suggested in a statement Friday that the President had said something questionable, but Graham did not directly say Trump had used the term "shithole" to describe African countries.

What difference does it make what anyone other than cheetos said. cheetos denied saying it. That should be good enough for you trumptard neanderthals.

I wasn't at the meeting and neither were you. I don't know if he said that or not. Two other Senators who were there say it did not happen.So Sen Cotton and Sen Purdue are on record saying they did not hear that.Only one person has said they heard him say that.

If Tim Scott says Graham personally confirmed it, I believe it. It has to take balls for a black southern GOP senator to speak out against Trump.

Last edited:

You might be right. I'm sure he said, "Historically colonized and economically disadvantaged," instead of "shithole". I confuse the two myself.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
“Shithole” is hateful?? Damn GK. Most people living in those countries would most likely agree with the comment. It’s why they are trying to get the fvck out and move somewhere else.

“Shithole” is hateful?? Damn GK. Most people living in those countries would most likely agree with the comment. It’s why they are trying to get the fvck out and move somewhere else.

So if I walked into a poor neighborhood and told its occupants that they sure lived in a shithole, that wouldn't be hateful? I mean these guys know they’re poor and their housing is substandard. Many of them desire to move somewhere better. Many would like to improve their lot and wish to move somewhere with more opportunity...right? So let's go tell them to just stay in their own shithole neighborhood that they're not welcome. Nothing hateful about that, right?

ADVERTISEMENT