ADVERTISEMENT

10, SAM, 10

I did post this back in December:
(paraphrasing) on Sam’s wager: We will definitely win 10 games this season. Looking at the schedule, the real ? is, will we win 10 before the end of January......ta da !!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: CarolinaHerdzilla
Money paid. Receipt will be posted when received. Team is only crappy, and not a disastrous steaming pile of pure crap I thought it looked like earlier.

.455 ball. Awesome.

Sam is the guy at Buffalo Wild Wings wearing all 90's era Marshall stuff on Saturday afternoons screaming about how much Marshall sucks as everyone else tries to quickly eat their lunch and leave.

I hope his $500 donation goes directly in the Dan Dantoni t-shirt and blazer fund.

BWW is gun owner unfriendly.

Anyway, what exactly was wrong with 90 Marshall football (or, for that matter, 70s and especially 80s Marshall basketball) when excellence was demanded, and excellence was achieved?

Anyway, what exactly was wrong with 90 Marshall football (or, for that matter, 70s and especially 80s Marshall basketball) when excellence was demanded, and excellence was achieved?

Nothing is wrong with 90s Marshall football... except that some people think because of a few years of 90s football, that it is now 'history' and 'tradition' that draws people to the program. As in your earlier post on another thread, 3 things set Marshall apart, history being one them. "History" is not something that sets Marshall apart. Almost every program in the country has had a great run at some point. No one cares anymore about Chad Pennington outside of 20th street and 5th avenue. Time to let it go....

Nothing is wrong with 90s Marshall football... except that some people think because of a few years of 90s football, that it is now 'history' and 'tradition' that draws people to the program. As in your earlier post on another thread, 3 things set Marshall apart, history being one them. "History" is not something that sets Marshall apart. Almost every program in the country has had a great run at some point. No one cares anymore about Chad Pennington outside of 20th street and 5th avenue. Time to let it go....
History at Marshall goes a little deeper than a great run in the 90s

History at Marshall goes a little deeper than a great run in the 90s

Not when it comes to why recruits want to play here is the point. Recent history, geography, how well they like the position coaches, and opportunity to play are the reasons recruits come to schools. Contrary to what some think, Doc taking them to the fountain doesn't land recruits.. sorry to burst your bubble.

Not when it comes to why recruits want to play here is the point. Recent history, geography, how well they like the position coaches, and opportunity to play are the reasons recruits come to schools. Contrary to what some think, Doc taking them to the fountain doesn't land recruits.. sorry to burst your bubble.
I never said that the plane crash was the be all end all of Marshall history. But to make the claim that all we have is a successful stretch in the 90s isnt all there is to Marshall

Reactions: CarolinaHerdzilla

There was a post actually asking how Chad would have done at QB against the 2019 schedule.
Nobody's going to stop thinking about the 90's.

Reactions: Elkview
I never said that the plane crash was the be all end all of Marshall history. But to make the claim that all we have is a successful stretch in the 90s isnt all there is to Marshall

I am not making that claim in the slightest.. what I am saying is, there are people who are fans of the program who hold on to the fact that there was a plane crash and a movie and a fountain and it means a lot to them (which is not a bad thing) but that doesn't mean anything to recruits. Fans and coaches need to understand that. Which is my point of taking them to the fountain doesn't land recruits. It's a nice part of Marshall, and it represents something historic and profoundly sad, but it's not a selling point to anyone outside of Huntington, WV. And to that point, the movie is 10 fold not a selling point.

Am I wrong or did both 80s basketball and 90s football end in sanctions and probation?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT