ADVERTISEMENT

$11,515,000

The Real SamC

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 15, 2007
Professor at one of the Indiana-Purdue branches, teaches "sports business" valued 171 of the 351 Division I men's basketball programs as if they were private businesses you could buy and sell on the free market, based on "revenue and expenses, cash-flow, risk and growth projection". (the ones he did not rank are the one-bid small colleges kidding themselves by being Div I schools, which can be assumed to have no real value).

The fair price for Herd men's basketball is $11,515,000, tied with Middle Tennessee State as the 121st most valuable team.

Most valuable team in the country, of course, is Big Blue, worth $342M. Most valuable team in CUSA is UAB at 72nd, $31M, with WKU and Rice, also ahead of us. Least valuable team in CUSA is FAU at $4.6M. Least valuable team overall is Georgia Southern at $2.8M.

Among some locals, Outlaw State is 7th at $177M, the Spamies are 65th at $34M, and OU is 116th at $12M. Morehead was not ranked. AAC darling Cincinnati is 70th at $32M. Oft discussed Wichita State is 49th at $39M.

Complete list is (behind a pay wall) in today's Wall Street Journal.

Professor at one of the Indiana-Purdue branches, teaches "sports business" valued 171 of the 351 Division I men's basketball programs as if they were private businesses you could buy and sell on the free market, based on "revenue and expenses, cash-flow, risk and growth projection". (the ones he did not rank are the one-bid small colleges kidding themselves by being Div I schools, which can be assumed to have no real value).

The fair price for Herd men's basketball is $11,515,000, tied with Middle Tennessee State as the 121st most valuable team.

Most valuable team in the country, of course, is Big Blue, worth $342M. Most valuable team in CUSA is UAB at 72nd, $31M, with WKU and Rice, also ahead of us. Least valuable team in CUSA is FAU at $4.6M. Least valuable team overall is Georgia Southern at $2.8M.

Among some locals, Outlaw State is 7th at $177M, the Spamies are 65th at $34M, and OU is 116th at $12M. Morehead was not ranked. AAC darling Cincinnati is 70th at $32M. Oft discussed Wichita State is 49th at $39M.

Complete list is (behind a pay wall) in today's Wall Street Journal.

Big Blue ...as in Carolina Sky Blue [UNC-Chapel Hill] as the MOST VALUABLE....tell some of the posters on this Board that.....

HerdZilla22

There is only one Big Blue, and that is in the Bluegrass. Fake Degrees U- South (Fake Degrees U- North is in the 'hole, see under Manchin, H.) came up 10th at $143M. Hopefully after serving out its deserved death penalty, it will be far less.

Based off the pictures found online of Alabama football players and the vehicles they drive I don't think Saban is too worried about any discretion involving "recruiting budgets"

Reactions: pdbailey
We should form a syndicate, buy the Marshall sports program then immediately move the franchise to Florida. That would really give the complainers something to bitch about.

Reactions: The Real SamC
We should form a syndicate, buy the Marshall sports program then immediately move the franchise to Florida. That would really give the complainers something to bitch about.

There's not enough to bitch about already ?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT