ADVERTISEMENT

12th game solution...

If Middle wins out, we win out and FIU wins out until they play us that leaves each with 1 conference loss. Nobody would own the tiebreaker so do they go to some sort of ranking to determine the East?

If Middle wins out, we win out and FIU wins out until they play us that leaves each with 1 conference loss. Nobody would own the tiebreaker so do they go to some sort of ranking to determine the East?

In that scenario, I believe MTSU would own the tie-breaker over us and move on to the championship game.

I believe that MTSU has a better chance of winning out than we do. UAB looks to be their toughest test and they get them at home. I expect us to be challenged by USM and FIU. In fact, before the season started I had us tabbed for 4 losses. USC, NCSU, USM and FIU

I believe that MTSU has a better chance of winning out than we do. UAB looks to be their toughest test and they get them at home. I expect us to be challenged by USM and FIU. In fact, before the season started I had us tabbed for 4 losses. USC, NCSU, USM and FIU

Untab it. Trophies coming to Huntington no matter where the game is played.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
There are a bunch of tiebreaker rules that come into account. Most likely, under that three-way tie, it would go down to comparing records of the teams from the West division that each tied team played.

I watched parts of the USM/ UTSA game last night, and I think we WILL win in Hattiesburg on the 3rd.

My reason, IMHO, we're simply much faster than they are.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
And if we continue to progress, we should beat UTSA at home by a bunch if the program wants to.

Last I checked:

Two-team or multiple team tie for divisional championship:

1. Highest regular season winning percentage based on overall CUSA play.
2. If tied, head to head between tied teams
3. If still tied, winning percentage within division
4. If still tied, compare records against divisional opponents in descending order of finish
5. If still tied, compare record against common cross-divisional opponents
6. If still tied, compare records against cross-divisional opponents in descending order of finish
7. If still tied, highest BCS ranking
8. If still tied, the team that has not participated in the championship most recently
9. If at any point the tie is broken in a multiple team tie, the remaining teams begin the process at #2

Reactions: herd66
......a couple of thoughts: I think Middle goes down this Saturday in Norfolk. They lost on the road to Vandy and UGa (normal). Their only road win is beating us in the Joan...ODU has some mo after their ridiculous victory in Bowling Green. Also, we get our breather after both FIU and Middle have had theirs, so we get a chance to focus on us and getting healed up for the stretch run.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
MU's only worry needs to be Southern Miss. Never an easy game at the Rock for the most part (yea I know we beat them badly down there a few seasons ago, but that might have been when they were in turmoil under a new head coach who didn't last long, Ellis Johnson, perhaps). Believe they always have a pretty good crowd turnout when the Herd is in town!

As for MTSU, did Stockstill play this past week end or was he out? Their QB situation is the key, IMO, on how they fare the rest of the season.

olde - he played. Didn’t light it up, but efficient. Agreed - w/o him, they will lose some more games.
14-20 buck11 yds, 3 TD passes, 1 pick. Enough to beat UNCC.....

Reactions: oldeherd
I will always believe the league let Rice host the championship game because they knew it was going to be the last good Rice team for another 40 years, and we were the odds-on favorite to win the conference the following year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT