ADVERTISEMENT

$19 Cheeseburgers

raleighherdfan

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 22, 2010
I dont go out and eat cheeseburgers at all. But yesterday, had a craving for a burger at lunch. Decided to visit a local 5 Guys after thinking back to some of this board's discussion. $19 for a cheeseburger, small fry, and drink......$19??? Wow. The place was half empty at 12:30, peak lunch time, too. I can see why.

It's part of Greed's business model. Grossly overpay line staff to keep them from wanting to better themselves. Never mind the fact they all get upwards of $15K supplemental income when they do their tax returns. Let's fill their pockets with cash to waste on frivolous shit.

According to Greed the Inbreed, this will have no impact on COGS.

Reactions: 19MU88
It's part of Greed's business model. Grossly overpay line staff to keep them from wanting to better themselves. Never mind the fact they all get upwards of $15K supplemental income when they do their tax returns. Let's fill their pockets with cash to waste on frivolous shit.

You're a lying idiot.

knew where you got the burger before opening thread. 5 guys pricing is ridiculous read something where they give a shitload of fries to make the customer think the screwing they're taking is worth it.
You still a diet Pepsi drinker? How about the price gouging they've been pulling?

I dont go out and eat cheeseburgers at all. But yesterday, had a craving for a burger at lunch. Decided to visit a local 5 Guys after thinking back to some of this board's discussion. $19 for a cheeseburger, small fry, and drink......$19??? Wow. The place was half empty at 12:30, peak lunch time, too. I can see why.
you must have ordered the mush-Biden sleeze-burger.

Reactions: 19MU88
I read the thread title and immediately thought “5 Guys.”

I love 5 Guys but holy shit are they expensive.

Moes is just as bad. It’s $50 for two kids quesadillas a burrito and quesadilla for my wife and I plus a small queso. But hey Kamala lama ding dong just said the admin saved us money on energy costs.

I walked in 5 Guys in Teays Valley a few months ago and turned around and left when I saw the prices. Insane.

following greeds model, they would be on commission sales. Sell enough cheeseburgers get commission, maybe a SPIFF check.

They get on a message board and say everyone should be part of a union.

Paid about that for burgers and fries at Disney Springs but holy shit was that a good meal. Took about 30 napkins to get through but would totally do again.

The burgers at all the parks were costly but cheap AF in quality. I got tired of them real quick, along with all the mickey shaped waffles, scrambled eggs, etc at the character breakfasts, but you know, the kids have to get their pictures and autographs to fill the book.

Paid about that for burgers and fries at Disney Springs but holy shit was that a good meal. Took about 30 napkins to get through but would totally do again.

The burgers at all the parks were costly but cheap AF in quality. I got tired of them real quick, along with all the mickey shaped waffles, scrambled eggs, etc at the character breakfasts, but you know, the kids have to get their pictures and autographs to fill the book.
I thought you told me Mayor Pete paid for everything when he took you last summer

Five Guys has always been pricey. The few times I have eaten there I get the burger with only one patty, it's cheaper and two is just too damn big anyway.

Last week I paid $35 for a burger, fries, and a drink. The burger was on a pretzel bun with herb whipped goat cheese, arugula, bacon date aioli, and brown sugar candied bacon. Fries were pommes frites with truffle oil and fresh-grated grated parm. The drink was an Old Fashioned made with Old Forester Single Barrel Rye. So without the booze $21. Makes that $19 at Five Guys look stupid.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
following greeds model, they would be on commission sales. Sell enough cheeseburgers get commission, maybe a SPIFF check.

They get on a message board and say everyone should be part of a union.
Says the idiot^^^who gets paid on commission sales.

The last 5 Guys meal I had was around $15-17 if I remember correctly. Burger, fries, and a drink. I noticed recently that they had closed in my area. Wonder why?

Five Guys has always been pricey. The few times I have eaten there I get the burger with only one patty, it's cheaper and two is just too damn big anyway.

Last week I paid $35 for a burger, fries, and a drink. The burger was on a pretzel bun with herb whipped goat cheese, arugula, bacon date aioli, and brown sugar candied bacon. Fries were pommes frites with truffle oil and fresh-grated grated parm. The drink was an Old Fashioned made with Old Forester Single Barrel Rye. So without the booze $21. Makes that $19 at Five Guys look stupid.

Kuma's?

I've been to the Chicago one. Sounds like one of their Burgers.

Five guys is going to price themselves out of business. I can go to Texas Roadhouse and eat a 6oz Sirloin , BP and salad for about the same price. Texas Roadhouse wins every time in my world over Five Guys ( which I like) .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT