ADVERTISEMENT

***2020 SCHEDULING ANNOUNCEMENT COMING***

Twolf, are you daring to suggest that our "exalted" Commish and her minions out in Frisco flunked bonehead geography?

With this being their second game, Herd certainly will be facing a well prepared, if not formidable, opponent on November 7th!
I still don't get why people keep saying the league offices are in Frisco. They are in Dallas.

OK - reading some discussions over on CUSA bbs. Sounds like, with the UMASS game scheduled, we will have a good opportunity on that 11/28 open to schedule a marquee OOC opponent, such as BYU, Army/Navy etc....by moving the Champ game back to 12/19 (right?) we have the 5th and the 12th to make up conference games previously postponed. Let’s have confidence in MH! As a famous politician says: “It’s all going to work out beautifully...”

I haven’t checked, but I think Army/Navy isn’t played until 12/12.....

OK - reading some discussions over on CUSA bbs. Sounds like, with the UMASS game scheduled, we will have a good opportunity on that 11/28 open to schedule a marquee OOC opponent, such as BYU, Army/Navy etc....by moving the Champ game back to 12/19 (right?) we have the 5th and the 12th to make up conference games previously postponed. Let’s have confidence in MH! As a famous politician says: “It’s all going to work out beautifully...”

I haven’t checked, but I think Army/Navy isn’t played until 12/12.....

I would highly doubt we will schedule a game on 11/28... If we end up with a CUSA makeup game on 12/5 (presumably Rice at home) and an additional CUSA game on Dec. 12, followed by the CUSA title game on Dec. 19, scheduling a game on 11/28 would mean MU would be playing possibly 10 weeks in a row without a break.

Also, as has been mentioned, we will not be playing BYU. They have no reason to play us. They are ranked ahead of us and are set up to go undefeated and possibly grab an at-large NYD bowl game. They wont risk a possible loss.

Lastly, you are assuming no more games are going to get COVID cancelled. 11/28 will be left open as a COVID makeup date until the very last minute.

From what I have been hearing, the plan for several weeks has been to get 10 games played ahead of the CUSA title game. If that's the case, all we need is a conference game on Dec. 5 and no more cancellations/postponements.

Stop being an ass. Nobody was saying that. This is the sort of BS that starts arguments for no reason.
Just saying what many have said, not necessarily limited to here.

Hamrick didn't have much to choose from to reschedule. I also think many teams are reserving the later game dates for potential openings to reschedule as a safety net for them, hence an even smaller field to choose from.

I still don't get why people keep saying the league offices are in Frisco. They are in Dallas.
I guess it's because the league elects to hold it's marquee event (Basketball tourney) in a football practice facility in Frisco. Frisco is considered a part of the Dallas Metro Plex

giphy.gif
😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: BleedsGreen33
I would highly doubt we will schedule a game on 11/28... If we end up with a CUSA makeup game on 12/5 (presumably Rice at home) and an additional CUSA game on Dec. 12, followed by the CUSA title game on Dec. 19, scheduling a game on 11/28 would mean MU would be playing possibly 10 weeks in a row without a break.

Also, as has been mentioned, we will not be playing BYU. They have no reason to play us. They are ranked ahead of us and are set up to go undefeated and possibly grab an at-large NYD bowl game. They wont risk a possible loss.

You may well be correct. However, looking at BYU schedule, they need good wins too, just like us, we just happen to be trying to get the access bowl and they are trying to get in the playoff NY Day mix. Many won't be impressed by what they have when compared to other P5 school schedules.

You may well be correct. However, looking at BYU schedule, they need good wins too, just like us, we just happen to be trying to get the access bowl and they are trying to get in the playoff NY Day mix. Many won't be impressed by what they have when compared to other P5 school schedules.

That's the thing, they already have their "marquee game" scheduled at Boise State in November, backed up by San Diego State in December... They're playing the two best teams in the Mountain West. They don't "need" us.

If we play BYU, I think it will be in a bowl game. Since BYU is an independent they allow for easy horse trading among bowl destinations. If they miss out on the New Year's Day bowls and we dont get the access spot, I could see a scenario where a deal is struck and maybe a #11 BYU and #15 MU go to Dallas to play in an undefeated G5/Ind. showdown.

Reactions: GoHerdMarshallYes
That's the thing, they already have their "marquee game" scheduled at Boise State in November, backed up by San Diego State in December... They're playing the two best teams in the Mountain West. They don't "need" us.

If we play BYU, I think it will be in a bowl game. Since BYU is an independent they allow for easy horse trading among bowl destinations. If they miss out on the New Year's Day bowls and we dont get the access spot, I could see a scenario where a deal is struck and maybe a #11 BYU and #15 MU go to Dallas to play in an undefeated G5/Ind. showdown.

I don't disagree with what you say, I just don't like to put it in absolute terms, but has herdalicious informed me this is a message board for opinions. If I had to bet, I'd say you are correct and we won't play BYU. All I am saying is if they run the table and there are multiple P5 teams that have done the same (reduced schedules reduce upset opportunities) it will be tough for them to get in playoff. But, if they add top 25 (heck by time of game could be top 20 or 15) Marshall it would add to their resume.

and as for either of us being scared of game and taking a loss? well, then we probably don't need to be in the access bowl and they don't need in the playoff.

I just came back from a rift in time where I was able to pass into a dimension where COVID didn't happen, and Isaiah Green doesn't threaten to punch a coach and we're 4-3 at this point and everyone on HerdNation C-281 thinks our receivers stink.

Who knows, maybe that's why IG threaten to punch a coach, he was told he would not be the starter.

Reactions: herdalicious

Well, When you live in a city the size of Dallas the close in other towns are many times included in the term "Dallas" as most people will not have any clue were Frisco is and Frisco is less than 10 miles from the Dallas city limits. I Iive in Wylie and also less than 10 miles from the city limits and less than 2 miles from the edge of Dallas county. There are people in Fort Worth that don't know where Wylie is and Wylie is larger people wise than Huntington. Just looked at city data Wylie would be the largest city in WV. Frisco is better known than most of the smaller towns around cause Jerry has the Dallas cowboys stationed there with all his stuff.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Well, When you live in a city the size of Dallas the close in other towns are many times included in the term "Dallas" as most people will not have any clue were Frisco is and Frisco is less than 10 miles from the Dallas city limits. I Iive in Wylie and also less than 10 miles from the city limits and less than 2 miles from the edge of Dallas county. There are people in Fort Worth that don't know where Wylie is and Wylie is larger people wise than Huntington. Just looked at city data Wylie would be the largest city in WV. Frisco is better known than most of the smaller towns around cause Jerry has the Dallas cowboys stationed there with all his stuff.
Correct since it has nothing to do with Frisco and isn't Dallas, why not say Dallas?

If Marshall is located in Huntington why would you say Ona?

Correct since it has nothing to do with Frisco and isn't Dallas, why not say Dallas?

If Marshall is located in Huntington why would you say Ona?

You are putting too much into this.

Cause 99% of American's know Dallas. Most have no clue where where Frisco is. It is just to give a geographical reference. I do the same thing. When talking to someone outside So. Cal I say I'm from Los Angeles. Although, I don't live in the city itself. If I just give my cities name. People I am speaking too, unless they have a knowledge of the area, has no clue what part of the state I was talking about.

Now to your example, no one gives a shit where either city is at Ona or Huntington. Hell most don't even know WV is a state, "You mean Western Virginia". The examples above is usually a larger municipality phenomenon. People need to know the bigger city for reference.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT