ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Soccer

Right man in the right spot , just hope no one comes after him during the off season. He has seriously built the program in 3 years to one that is capable of playing and winning on the national stage.

Looking forward to seeing what Herd Soccer can accomplish next season.

Like it here is good. Until some big time school comes along and offers you twice the $$, plus team charter air travel, awesome facilities, unlimited recruiting budget, TV, etc.

CUSA with its half-the-nation footprint, combined with the worst in the nation CRW, let alone HTS, airport situation, places us at a huge disadvantage in “Olympic sports”. If you are good enough to play for MU, and not realistically a pro prospect, you are probably good enough to play for lots of other schools whose travel only spreads out over two or three states. Leaving more time to be a regular college student, and more time to study.

It is even, and yes, I admit this, a disadvantage to our men’s basketball program.

I think the question should be, how long until Herdmeister and Herdorbust start hanging around
soccer practice. Then jump from Herd forum to forum claiming to be "Experts".

This is the best post I’ve ever seen on a message board. Perfection.

Reactions: johns1124
But surely a school as small and limited as Marshall can't be expected to be relevant nationally?... Expecting to consistently play at the highest level? - Crazy talk.

I've never met Coach Grassie, haven't been to a soccer game since I graduated almost 15 years ago, but good for him. He clearly wants to be great and aspires to take the program to new heights. It's a refreshing stance.

If Grassie continues to recruit as he has thus far, I'd expect us to be a Top 25 program on a regular basis.

I think we'll lose our goalie and two starting backs from this years lineup but have a very solid core returning.

Reactions: pdbailey
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT