ADVERTISEMENT

AD Remains Silent

Despite my earlier thread, I still say something’s rotten in Denmark (Shakespeare/Hamlet!). There’s no way Old Main just stays silent. It’s too big of an elephant in the room, and will hang over any pre-bowl presser/the game itself w/o being addressed officially by Spears/Smith.

There must be some truth to the rumor. Otherwise, something would've been said by now. Huff's at least thinking about it.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Someone needs to at least make a statement that the fan base at Marshall is supportive and committed to the university and its athletic programs; and that the comments made by Huff were his own, his assessment, and don't represent the vision of the university. IMHO, it would even be OK to say that ever team has its detractors, and it most likely that Marshall can not avoid that as well. Then let it be. Actually, I am confident that Smith knows the need for consulting a media relations expert just now to debunk the statements and reinstate the vision of folks across the nation, and the support of the Alumni for the football program. This is a HUGE faupaux.

We start Bowl prep this week, Huff will have to address the media then. I look for some type of clarifying statements to be made by him. If he elects not to do it and stands firm on what he said, then I wouldn't be shocked if he is let go.

On a side note, we will also find out how much balls our media has. If they don't address the issue, then like the last 20 years, it is clear that Marshall controls the narrative and they (media) are only mouth pieces.

Reactions: herd66
Despite my earlier thread, I still say something’s rotten in Denmark (Shakespeare/Hamlet!). There’s no way Old Main just stays silent. It’s too big of an elephant in the room, and will hang over any pre-bowl presser/the game itself w/o being addressed officially by Spears/Smith.
There is no such thing as bad publicity.

• Haha
Reactions: HerdGrad1999
Can only be a few things for no comment from the Athletic Department.
AD is just trying to sweep this under the rug and business as usual.
AD doesn't care, sweep under the rug and business as usual.
AD actually agrees with Huff on the situation.

Heck, should have at least sent some bleeding green BS tweet, but nothing.

We start Bowl prep this week, Huff will have to address the media then. I look for some type of clarifying statements to be made by him. If he elects not to do it and stands firm on what he said, then I wouldn't be shocked if he is let go.

On a side note, we will also find out how much balls our media has. If they don't address the issue, then like the last 20 years, it is clear that Marshall controls the narrative and they (media) are only mouth pieces.
The media never asks him hard questions, it's so annoying. When they ask him anything that even hints at questioning his logic about something he immediately gets defensive. His favorite quote has become "Now I'm not making excuses, BUT......."

I think there’s merit in this line of thinking:
We are now 10 days away from the caffeine bowl. Just about 6 or so practices before the team flies south. Would be a huge fiasco to part company with the HFC before the bowl game takes place. Also, Old Main would prefer not to see us get taken out behind the woodshed on national tv. That might happen either way, but putting our best foot forward is prudent. After bowl game? Anybody’s guess.

I think there’s merit in this line of thinking:
We are now 10 days away from the caffeine bowl. Just about 6 or so practices before the team flies south. Would be a huge fiasco to part company with the HFC before the bowl game takes place. Also, Old Main would prefer not to see us get taken out behind the woodshed on national tv. That might happen either way, but putting our best foot forward is prudent. After bowl game? Anybody’s guess.
I don't see that, but the silence is deafening. I am shocked that there is nothing from anyone.

New chant - We Are ....... Haters!

hate-hate-hate-yeah.gif

Can only be a few things for no comment from the Athletic Department.
AD is just trying to sweep this under the rug and business as usual.
AD doesn't care, sweep under the rug and business as usual.
AD actually agrees with Huff on the situation.

Heck, should have at least sent some bleeding green BS tweet, but nothing.

Wow, it couldn't be that the AD had no response that would satisfy the fan base, and is handling the matter internally.

In other words...

The AD is evaluating the situation, likely going to have Huff let go, however, determining if the new OC would be interested in the job.

To be honest, that would be the only reason I would consider signing with MU as the OC, if it were implied that I would likely be named head coach.

I doubt they are ignoring it, but they may choose not to respond. I feel like they need to say something, but I also could understand why they aren’t.

I'm not exactly sure what an AD WOULD say.

Huff may have a point...it also cuts deeper than just the money to pay players.
He knows that MU is NOT a P5 program with "F-You" money.
If we were a P5 program, he'd have been canned after he spoke, given the buyout and told to piss off.

Instead he knows MU likely can't afford to fire him, so either he is forced out by an alumni group who pools their money to get him out, or he stays.

He is an idiot if he thinks this is going to be his pitch to a P5.
"Look, I can win. I won huge with Marshall against Notre Dame, but I just didn't have the resources, like you, a P5, does."

I'm not exactly sure what an AD WOULD say.

"Today, we have fired Charles Huff, as the head football coach at Marshall University. While this office had previously determined to accept this year's 6-6 result, with reservations, Mr. Huff's comments about our fan base and our broader community, and what they implied, are unacceptable."

Instead he knows MU likely can't afford to fire him, so either he is forced out by an alumni group who pools their money to get him out, or he stays.

He is an idiot if he thinks this is going to be his pitch to a P5.
"Look, I can win. I won huge with Marshall against Notre Dame, but I just didn't have the resources, like you, a P5, does."
CH is setting up his version of his failure here. He didn't have the money and the rubes, rednecks, and hicks here didn't like him or his players. He thinks he is going to do a couple of years back as a position coach and someone will give him another shot. IMHO, no program is that dumb, but we shall see. IMHO, we will have short casual mentions of him bouncing from staff to staff over the coming years, until no one cares. Much like career assistant MS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT