ADVERTISEMENT

Allegiance....

Probably realized that the 55,000 was never going to happen. Would be nice though if we could get average 40,000.

Doc is full of bull. The most outrageous statement I heard on that video clip was how he could see smoke from the plane crash at his Hurricane home. I saw nothing that night from Ironton. My dad saw nothing that night from east Ashland. Doc probably can't even tell you what the weather was like that evening, but I remember it like yesterday.

I doubt Doc even knew what the Joan seated when he spoke at that press conference. Doc can't fill the place much more than halfway up for a conference championship game. I am pretty sure attendance under Doc is slightly worse than the Snyder era. Certainly, the trend is not towards 55,000 which would require major stadium expansion.

Huntington and Marshal University are not special to him. He is a WVU guy all the way. He could have walked on the football team at MU in nearby Huntington, but selected campus life in Morganhole.

If Doc leaves, MU football will survive and move forward. People thought the sky was falling when Chaump, Parrish and Donnan took other jobs.

Wow continued shots at the coach that made us relevant again

It's like there is some fans that would love to run him out of town

Originally posted by marshallmba:

Doc can't fill the place much more than halfway up for a conference championship game.

So Doc leads the team to a 12-1 ecord and conference championship, and it is his fault that the fans do not show up for the big game? Gotcha

I am pretty sure attendance under Doc is slightly worse than the Snyder era.

I am sure you are wrong. And if you were right, would this not say more about the fanbase?

No one should fault anyone for bettering themselves financially. Also, what do you expect a coach to say at his first presser...I'll be here till something better comes along??

lol, you're from Ironton...so already much of what you say is garbage...I bet other MBA programs like Harvard and Stanford are so mad at your decision making to not go to their programs that they are taking it to the boards.... oh wait, they could care less about you.

Nice spelling of Marshall by the way... I'm sure people here love Marshal University which is only spoken by wvu trolls... good job, turncoat.

Are you kanye west by chance? Because you're blaming someone for something when it was clearly the weather that affected the situation.

The almighty Bob Pruett couldn't fill the place up either, in fact, the worst coach in the last 2 decades filled it up the most often.

Anyone with a halfway sensible train of thought who goes to MARSHALL hates wvu. Not just because of the sports, but because of what wvu has done to the state.
I think Doc has seen that. I am also pretty sure he has been more sympathetic towards Marshall because of what wvu and others behind the scenes, have put him through.

Pitt is neither Michigan nor Florida... but that's what makes Doc, Doc. He doesn't always need to find the brightest shining star, he just wants the best one for his situation. I have stated many times why Pitt isn't a bad gig for Doc. That he could be pretty good there.

Thing is, people who don't think, like MBA, believe that coaches are still old school loyal to teams. Rarely, do you find coaches loyal to anyone. Its just the way the culture has been for some time and it doesn't appear to be improving. All the big name coaches have gotten to where they were because they moved so much before. You will only find maybe half a dozen 'dream jobs' for a head coach where they will not move elsewhere.... Pitt and Marshall are not one of them.... but Doc has been loyal to us as much as he can. So far, he has not left the team before the bowl game. Which is a hell of a lot more loyal than Rich Rod, or Urban Meyer, or CSU's head coach, or Pete Carroll, or several others... or even Pruett.... the ones who bolted when the ship was sinking or at the first sign of a better offer elsewhere. If Doc goes to Pitt, I hope he does well. He also wouldn't leave his team before bowl season and at least stuck through with them for the entire season.
This post was edited on 12/22 1:09 AM by Herdstruck

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT