ADVERTISEMENT

Another bad

Shhh I dont want you to run another poster off the board by providing facts
what's the deal fever, you have to leave the pay board for entertainment now.....have you and some of your idiot friends turned it into nothing more than four or five of you in a circle jerk over Doc?

Wilkerson, Pitts, Tennan, Johnson, Lutz, Kane. We had some ballers in the past, but we had less success with those players than with Dantoni's recruits.

To this point the records say different. Dan has yet to post a 20 win season or make post season play or beat a "power" team. Herrion needed to go for sure, but Dan has yet to approach Herrion's first two seasons.

Surbadger, you have a very short and faulty memory. Herrion's first 2 years achieved more than ANY MU teams since. Yes, the wheels fell off his last 2 seasons and carried over into Danny's first season. And his demise was due more to a lack of discipline and fact that too many of his recruits became known for their off and sometimes on the floor antics rather than the caliber of their basketball play.

When the current staff has back to back 20 win seasons and NIT appearance, or better, then your comments will be more valid. No one wants the Herd to succeed more, but it is clear to many that some changes, improvement in the level and caliber of recruits, is going to be required. Having a bench nearly full of 304 boys who are NOT Legitimate caliber D1 players is in and of itself not going to help MU achieve DD's stated goals!!

Don't forget the wins over Cincy, WVU, and Memphis.

what's the deal fever, you have to leave the pay board for entertainment now.....have you and some of your idiot friends turned it into nothing more than four or five of you in a circle jerk over Doc?

I have no friends on here, I don't come here to make friends. I make my point and people agree, they agree. If they don't, they don't. I couldn't care any less if people agree with me or not.

NO MORE THUGS

So every inner city basketball is a thug?? Wow

And Ohio Herd wants another 4-5 years to see what happens. Whew this gets tiresome. Ohio you are right that Dan is not going after anymore Eastern Euros (I hope). There are really good European players but these guys are not them. My point (you missed) I want to see DD go start recruiting. I mean at least try to get the best players we can which means looking outside the Mountain State.

And Ohio Herd wants another 4-5 years to see what happens. Whew this gets tiresome. Ohio you are right that Dan is not going after anymore Eastern Euros (I hope). There are really good European players but these guys are not them. My point (you missed) I want to see DD go start recruiting. I mean at least try to get the best players we can which means looking outside the Mountain State.
BB I have never said that- but go ahead and say that if that makes you feel better. I did say we get into year 4 or 5 and we are going 18-13 then some poor mouthing is fair game. DD walked into a dumpster fire. Year 1 was cleaning up the mess. Year 2-3 we are making progress. Are we at the top of the hill yet? No and I never said we were. I do think he is putting the pieces together to get us there.We haven't been to the NCAA since 1987. We either get a coach who is one and done like Altman or Billy the kid or Herrion who lost control of the program.Marshall basketball needs to build a brand and we are doing that with DD exciting style of BB. We are a mirror image of the Rockets and that is NBA style ball. I say it appeals to plenty of kids.

BB I have never said that- but go ahead and say that if that makes you feel better. I did say we get into year 4 or 5 and we are going 18-13 then some poor mouthing is fair game. DD walked into a dumpster fire. Year 1 was cleaning up the mess. Year 2-3 we are making progress. Are we at the top of the hill yet? No and I never said we were. I do think he is putting the pieces together to get us there.We haven't been to the NCAA since 1987. We either get a coach who is one and done like Altman or Billy the kid or Herrion who lost control of the program.Marshall basketball needs to build a brand and we are doing that with DD exciting style of BB. We are a mirror image of the Rockets and that is NBA style ball. I say it appeals to plenty of kids.

Hopefully that "appeal" is to an overall higher caliber of player, talent wise, ohio herd, because that's going to be the Key to obtaining the kind of team Danny and the fans both want. All the teaching in the world is not going to mean that much if there isn't a sufficient base of raw talent in place to be taught and coached up, IMO.!!

To this point the records say different. Dan has yet to post a 20 win season or make post season play or beat a "power" team. Herrion needed to go for sure, but Dan has yet to approach Herrion's first two seasons.
I wish your dumbass would stay on the private board. In any case, let me address your comments. 1) Herrion inherited a talented team on the rise. It took him three years to turn it into a dumpster fire. 2) DD inherited a dumpster fire, had to send some of the good talent head cases packing and started what we all knew to be a longer term approach (vs quick fix) to improve our program. i.e. euro projects, local players developed, a different system, hoping in years 4-5 we are there. His first year shouldn't even count based on timing of hire.

You need to go get back on Doc's nuts and be quiet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT