ADVERTISEMENT

Another business being crushed by Democrat polices...

30CAT

Platinum Buffalo
May 29, 2001
"Nothing to see here." - @extragreen

"Fox News reported it, so it can't be true!" - @riflearm2

5 months. 5 burglaries. Another restaurant shutters as crime pushes businesses to brink in Blue city.

Blue states dying, Red states thriving.

Coincidence?

Can you post links to articles where I don't have to give them my email and activate the account? Thanks in advance, kitty.

Was in DC less than a month ago and stayed at the Ritz. Paid $425 for unlimited Botox. Walked down H Street while walking to my old condo. Everything looked the same other than the Southwest Waterfront, Penn Station area, and Gaylord area building up even more.

It's a really great city. Sounds like you're attempting to slant this one way, when it's not reality. From another article:

"This decision was not an easy one. Unfortunately, the challenges of the restaurant industry since the pandemic, the current economic climate, and the spike in violent crime have made it increasingly difficult to operate and impossible for us to survive," the owners said in a Facebook post.

If the main issue were crime/burglary, would it make sense for them to close their other restaurant in a different part of the city that hasn't been hit with a burglary?

Can you post links to articles where I don't have to give them my email and activate the account? Thanks in advance, kitty.
Didn't have to give mine...

Here you go, bleater.

A nearly 10-year-old wine bar shuttered months after the restaurant's owner warned rising crime was scaring customers away and threatening businesses across the city.

The Pursuit Wine Bar & Kitchen in Washington, D.C., announced earlier this month that it would close Sunday, marking the second restaurant on the H Street Corridor to close in recent weeks as skyrocketing crime citywide forces businesses to shut their doors. The wine bar was burglarized three times in May and twice more over the five months following, a local ABC News affiliate reported.

"Thank you for the years of patronage here at The Pursuit but we have decided that it is no longer sustainable for us," the restaurant's team said in a Dec. 8 statement. "We appreciate the love and support that you all have continuously given us."

The nation's capital is grappling with an escalating crime surge, having surpassed a 20-year record-high in homicides with 261 murders as of Dec. 14, according to Metropolitan Police Department data. Robberies are also skyrocketing, increasing 69% year-to-date, while theft is up 24%, MPD data show.

It's heartbreaking," Pursuit owner Adam Kelinsky told Fox News in August after the restaurant's fifth break-in. "Staying floating during each of these instances is getting harder and harder for us."

"The criminals these days are so brazen," Kelinsky continued. "They think they have free rein on the city."

The first three burglaries cost Kelinsky's business over $15,000 in repairs and stolen goods in May, ABC 7 reported. During the fifth incident, five server tablets worth a combined $2,000 were taken, according to FOX 5.

"We are exhausted. I think every business is," Kelinsky told FOX 5 in August about Washington's skyrocketing crime. "Every day, I’m waking up to an announcement on our community WhatsApp post where someone has broken into one of our sister businesses, friends along the street or someone supporting a business has been attacked. It’s terrifying."

Meanwhile, Brine Oyster & Seafood House closed its H Street and DuPont circle locations on Nov. 11. The economic climate and violent crime in the nation's capital made it "impossible for us to survive," the restaurant's owners wrote in a statement posted on X.

"We’ve both been burglarized numerous times," one co-owner, Aaron McGovern, told FOX 5 in November. "We started to see violence. Not just ‘oh, there’s a gunshot a mile away.’ We could hear the bullets."

Washington Commanders running back Brian Robinson Jr. was shot during an attempted robbery steps away from Kelinsky's restaurant in August 2022. More recently, a Senate staffer sustained serious injuries from a stabbing attack near Pursuit in March.

Within a half mile of the recently closed wine bar, overall crime has been up in the past year compared to this time last year, according to MPD data. Robberies increased 36% in the area, though burglaries were down.

"What's keeping folks away today is the crime, the violent crime," Kelinsky told ABC 7 in October. "That's what's really making H Street, as a whole and across the city, really struggle."

You are a dumb person. Literally. When runs Atlanta GA? Other big cities? WHEN RUNS most cities of decent size? Lib democrats. Many cities are turning into pieces of shit. Why? Libs policies.
You're a trumptard oath breaking traitor.

From your article of "big" cities: LMAO.

If a metro area didn't submit a complete report to the FBI we don't consider it for ranking.
The country’s biggest city is always conspicuously absent from our report, and inquiring minds want to know why. The reason is that NYC doesn’t participate in the FBI’s crime report collection

Reactions: 30CAT

If a metro area didn't submit a complete report to the FBI we don't consider it for ranking.
The country’s biggest city is always conspicuously absent from our report, and inquiring minds want to know why. The reason is that NYC doesn’t participate in the FBI’s crime report collection
From my article of big cities: read it and weep. 😫

Here are the 10 most dangerous big cities in the US for 2022:​

1. Memphis, TN-MS-AR
  2. Anchorage, AK
  3. Albuquerque, NM
  4. Lubbock, TX
  5. Little Rock-North Little Rock-Conway, AR
  6. Shreveport-Bossier City, LA
  7. Bakersfield, CA
  8. Salt Lake City, UT
  9. Springfield, MO
  10. Corpus Cristi, TX

What is there to weep about. Apparently, the REAL big cities dont participate in submitting their data to the FBI. This is a website trying to sell home security equipment. Salt Lake City is more dangerous than Chicago?? GTFO moron.

Reactions: ohio herd and 30CAT
What is there to weep about. Apparently, the REAL big cities dont participate in submitting their data to the FBI. This is a website trying to sell home security equipment. Salt Lake City is more dangerous than Chicago?? GTFO moron.

Here are the 10 most dangerous big cities in the US for 2022:​

1. Memphis, TN-MS-AR
  2. Anchorage, AK
  3. Albuquerque, NM
  4. Lubbock, TX
  5. Little Rock-North Little Rock-Conway, AR
  6. Shreveport-Bossier City, LA
  7. Bakersfield, CA
  8. Salt Lake City, UT
  9. Springfield, MO
  10. Corpus Cristi, TX

^^this democrat such an ideologue he crushed his own business^^
^^^that stupid lying trumptard still thinks his orange jesus won the 2020 election.

**how's that Georgia thing going for you?? idiot

does EG really think Springfield Mo is more dangerous than Chicago or Detroit or Baltimore? I have spent plenty of time in Springfield and never felt at risk. The other cities I named I was not at ease the whole time I was in them . Detroit was the worst. Baltimore was not terrible since I stayed at the hotel in downtown and walked to meeting space during the daylight hours.

RankCityStateViolent Crime Rate (per 1,000 Residents)Chance of Being a Victim
#1BessemerAlabama33.11 in 30
#2MonroeLouisiana26.31 in 38
#3SaginawMichigan25.11 in 39
#4MemphisTennessee25.11 in 39
#5DetroitMichigan231 in 43
#6BirminghamAlabama20.61 in 49
#7Pine BluffArkansas20.51 in 48
#8Little RockArkansas20.21 in 49
#9AlexandriaLouisiana18.81 in 53
#10ClevelandOhio

I'm glad someone said this.

I guess Fux need to sell some more data to help pay those lawsuits.
does EG really think Springfield Mo is more dangerous than Chicago or Detroit or Baltimore? I have spent plenty of time in Springfield and never felt at risk.
I've never felt at risk in Chicago or Baltimore. Probably because I don't go to the ghetto, and I'm not a scaredycat. Detroit, eh I have no reason to go there.

he is literally dumb or so blinded. He literally can't debate or have a discussion. Most everybody on both sides knows who runs the cities.

The twenty cities with the highest violent crime rates (number of incidents per 100,000 people) are:

1. St. Louis, MO (2,082) Democrat
  2. Detroit, MI (2,057) Democrat
  3. Baltimore, MD (2,027) Democrat
  4. Memphis, TN (2,003) Democrat
  5. Little Rock, AR (1,634) Democrat
  6. Milwaukee, WI (1,597) Democrat
  7. Rockford, IL (1,588) Democrat
  8. Cleveland, OH (1,557) Democrat
  9. Stockton, CA (1,415) Republican
  10. Albuquerque, NM (1,369) Democrat
  11. Springfield, MO (1,339) Democrat
  12. Indianapolis, IN (1,334) Democrat
  13. Oakland, CA (1,299) Democrat
  14. San Bernardino, CA (1,291) Democrat
  15. Anchorage, AK (1,203) Republican
  16. Nashville, TN (1,138) Democrat
  17. Lansing, MI (1,136) Democrat
  18. New Orleans, LA (1,121) Democrat
  19. Minneapolis, MN (1,101) Democrat
  20. Chicago, IL (1,099) Democrat
18 of top 20 highest violent crime cities ran by demoncrats.

LINK (Not some website selling home security systems)

he is literally dumb or so blinded. He literally can't debate or have a discussion. Most everybody on both sides knows who runs the cities.
RankCityStateViolent Crime Rate (per 1,000 Residents)Chance of Being a Victim
#1BessemerAlabama33.11 in 30
#2MonroeLouisiana26.31 in 38
#3SaginawMichigan25.11 in 39
#4MemphisTennessee25.11 in 39
#5DetroitMichigan231 in 43
#6BirminghamAlabama20.61 in 49
#7Pine BluffArkansas20.51 in 48
#8Little RockArkansas20.21 in 49
#9AlexandriaLouisiana18.81 in 53
#10ClevelandOhio

• Haha
Reactions: raleighherdfan
18 of top 20 highest violent crime cities ran by demoncrats.
This is a completely asinine argument, and we have been through the reasons for that countless times.

If I have 99 blue M&Ms and 1 red M&M, what are the changes the random one that I select is blue? Exactly.

This is a completely asinine argument, and we have been through the reasons for that countless times.

If I have 99 blue M&Ms and 1 red M&M, what are the changes the random one that I select is blue? Exactly.
completey in denial. Dems run cities, by an large. Dems also have turned many(A LOT) of them into shit holes. Crime ridden places amongst other issues. Why deny it? The blue MM's through their policies help create these tings. Fact. Every time.

Dems run cities, by an large.
Uhh, yeah, that's the point.

If Dems run cities "by an [sic] large," and if you then take a sample of any metric focused on cities, you're going to get a much bigger number of Democratic operated cities.

Want to see? Below is a screenshot of the top 10 lowest violent crime cities in the country that have populations of 100k+. Of those top 10, only one has a Republican mayor. Does that mean Democratic operated cities are safer?

Uhh, yeah, that's the point.

If Dems run cities "by an [sic] large," and if you then take a sample of any metric focused on cities, you're going to get a much bigger number of Democratic operated cities.

Want to see? Below is a screenshot of the top 10 lowest violent crime cities in the country that have populations of 100k+. Of those top 10, only one has a Republican mayor. Does that mean Democratic operated cities are safer?

Yehhh Dems screw things up with their policies.

I’ll take that as you giving up on this argument.
I will take it as your surrendering and fighting with a stick against a machine gun. Your own data shows that Dems screw up cities. We can see it and read about it. Just about name the city and you can point to it. Charlotte, NC..there you go. Atlanta, check. NYC...check.

You really don't even have an argument.

I am still waiting on your list of singers better than the King. If you are going to insult the King, then provide your list.

Proof is in the pudding. Mass exodus from Blue cities to Red cities. It's not just a coincidence.

Democrats, their policies and their bleaters are destroying our country.

Reactions: i am herdman
Of those top 10, only one has a Republican mayor. Does that mean Democratic operated cities are safer?
How many Repubs are on their city councils? County commissioners? School boards? How about the make-up of the city/townships/suburb govts that surround these cities? Just having a Dem mayor is a myopic view IMO.

Speaking for the NC examples on the list, I would suggest both Repub or Dem members of these cities generally have pro law enforcement mindset. Most have a pro-business bent. The state has refused to legalize dope (for now), refused to allow large numbers of homeless to set up shitvilles in these cities. All of this has created the environment where we are now seeing more people fleeing totally Dem controlled cities and moving here.

Reactions: i am herdman
How many Repubs are on their city councils? County commissioners? School boards? How about the make-up of the city/townships/suburb govts that surround these cities? Just having a Dem mayor is a myopic view IMO.

Speaking for the NC examples on the list, I would suggest both Repub or Dem members of these cities generally have pro law enforcement mindset. Most have a pro-business bent. The state has refused to legalize dope (for now), refused to allow large numbers of homeless to set up shitvilles in these cities.

First, don't forget that you're a piece of shit as a human.
Second, your argument is destroying the attempt by the morons in this thread. They didn't take those things into consideration for their argument, so why are you wanting to move the goalposts for them now that intellectual honesty has been introduced to the discussion?
Third, considering the disproportionate balance of major cities operated by Dems, the best analysis is states. Go ahead and look at which states are blue vs. red and compare which states have the best/worst important metrics.

Speaking for the NC examples on the list, I would suggest both Repub or Dem members of these cities generally have pro law enforcement mindset. Most have a pro-business bent. The state has refused to legalize dope (for now), refused to allow large numbers of homeless to set up shitvilles in these cities. All of this has created the environment where we are now seeing more people fleeing totally Dem controlled cities and moving here.
Dems here at least have some business sense. Agreed.

First, don't forget that you're a piece of shit as a human.
Second, your argument is destroying the attempt by the morons in this thread. They didn't take those things into consideration for their argument, so why are you wanting to move the goalposts for them now that intellectual honesty has been introduced to the discussion?
Third, considering the disproportionate balance of major cities operated by Dems, the best analysis is states. Go ahead and look at which states are blue vs. red and compare which states have the best/worst important metrics.
Still needing counseling? Get some help.

So you wont refute what I've said. Good. You introduced "Dem Mayors". They have been discussing Dem controlled cities. Just as you are now going back to your original premise ( "cities operated by Dems" ). You "moved the goal posts". Try again.

The metrics being discussed seems to be crime and violent crime in cities here. Considering the disproportionate balance of major cities operated by Dems, the best analysis is that these govts are failing their people and turning those cities into real shit holes, with pockets of tourist friendly locales.

So you wont refute what I've said. Good. You introduced "Dem Mayors". They have been discussing Dem controlled cities. Just as you are now going back to your original premise ( "cities operated by Dems" ). You "moved the goal posts". Try again.
So you think HerMan and Kitty were actually referring to the city council and school board of each city when referring to who runs the cities instead of which party the mayor belongs to? You're not that dumb, are you? I mean, we've had this same discussion countless times on here, and the discussion has always centered around the mayor and/or governor. But suddenly they are referring to the makeup of the city council and school board? Stop wasting my time.

The metrics being discussed seems to be crime and violent crime in cities here. Considering the disproportionate balance of major cities operated by Dems, the best analysis is that these govts are failing their people and turning those cities into real shit holes, with pockets of tourist friendly locales.
There is absolutely no logic in what you just argued.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT