ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody have a solar powered generator or power bank?

probably not helpful, but....

my parents have an auto-on gas powered generator for the house and they love it.

I have looked at those power banks to have at hte house to run maybe a TV, charge phones, etc. I need to get one, this is a good reminder.

I do have a number of small "power banks" like the size of an iphone that i've taken on trips and to concerts/festivals and they have been really helpful at getting through a 12 hour day when you need your phone.

probably not helpful, but....

my parents have an auto-on gas powered generator for the house and they love it.

I have looked at those power banks to have at hte house to run maybe a TV, charge phones, etc. I need to get one, this is a good reminder.

I do have a number of small "power banks" like the size of an iphone that i've taken on trips and to concerts/festivals and they have been really helpful at getting through a 12 hour day when you need your phone.
If you want a small one just to charge a phone you can get one that will also jump start a car for extra utility. Hard part is remembering to recharge it regularly.

Reactions: -CarlHungus-
I recently put in a solar system for my Tractor barn as it was 250 feet and the cost of adding electric from my shop was more than adding solar. I got a 100 amp hour battery and several panels. It can run the lights or a small fridge during peak hours in the 110 volt inverter I added. The issue is you need about 4 panels to utilize the battery fully and account for non peak hazy or cloudy days etc.

I am talking one that will not only charge some phones but, one that will run a refrigerator for a period of time, tv's, some lights, maybe a fan. Looking at solar as an option. Silent and doesn't require a utility hook up. Somewhat portable, doesn't use gasoline.

I am talking one that will not only charge some phones but, one that will run a refrigerator for a period of time, tv's, some lights, maybe a fan. Looking at solar as an option. Silent and doesn't require a utility hook up. Somewhat portable, doesn't use gasoline.
Solar Generator

I’d look into these guys. Jackery also makes but then you also have to usevTHEIR panels and they rip you off on their brand of panels

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT