ADVERTISEMENT

Apple going to be in trouble?

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
I was watching a show on national security the other day and the guy said if you like Apple, buy 2 to 4 or more Now the deal with Apple Watches. This guy said that the supplier in China that apple uses and many others are going to not be able to prodcue over the next 5 years and Apple in particular is in trouble. He said yoiu better stock up on them because they will be hard to find at some point. He said Apple has relied too much on China and the Chinese are going to start having issues

I was watching a show on national security the other day and the guy said if you like Apple, buy 2 to 4 or more Now the deal with Apple Watches. This guy said that the supplier in China that apple uses and many others are going to not be able to prodcue over the next 5 years and Apple in particular is in trouble. He said yoiu better stock up on them because they will be hard to find at some point. He said Apple has relied too much on China and the Chinese are going to start having issues
Apple is currently in a patent dispute over tech in their watches. I don't think you've been able to order them from the site for a few days. Retailers are still selling them though.

I was going to get an Ultra to replace my 6 but they just look goofy AF.

Apple is currently in a patent dispute over tech in their watches. I don't think you've been able to order them from the site for a few days. Retailers are still selling them though.

I was going to get an Ultra to replace my 6 but they just look goofy AF.
I kind of like the Ultra, but not about to pay the ridiculous, overinflated price.

Fvck Apple and all of its products for that very reason.

This guy mentioned specifically their phones..he said if you like Apple buy 2 extras or something close to that. He said they are going to be hosed in a few years.

riflearm2 had a thread many years back on the topic of watches. He said you look goofy now days wearing a watch, so I tossed my timex away, and never looked back. Old lady wears an apple watch. Cost me something like $550 or so last year, plus another 10 bucks or so a month. I wish I could show her rifles thread. If anybody can find it, I'll read it to her tonight during evening teatime.

riflearm2 had a thread many years back on the topic of watches. He said you look goofy now days wearing a watch, so I tossed my timex away, and never looked back. Old lady wears an apple watch. Cost me something like $550 or so last year, plus another 10 bucks or so a month. I wish I could show her rifles thread. If anybody can find it, I'll read it to her tonight during evening teatime.
It's true. The original and main intent of a watch is to show the time. Everybody already carries a device that does that and a hell of lot more: a cell phone. That means the main intent of a watch is no longer to tell the time, but rather, as a status symbol or accessory. There are far better status symbols to wear than a watch that has 90% of its space taken up by something that is useless - the time aspect of it.

Yes, Apple watches do a lot more than tell the time. But those people also carry a cell phone. So why bother to carry two of something that do the same exact thing?

Reactions: SamSwimmer
I only wear one because I don’t carry my phone on me when I run or bike. Having crash detection & automated 911 calling relieves a huge concern with the distances & trails I ride on.
I started doing sprint-triathlons last year & need to replace my watch with something more durable. The Ultra is too bulky but I haven’t really seen any smaller Garmin’s that have everything I’m look for.
But rifle’s right - if you have an Apple Watch, you have an Apple phone. I actually don’t think you can have one without the phone. And the watch won’t pair with an iPad. I’d say 60% or more of Apple Watch purchases are unnecessary. Which is honestly kind of impressive if you think about it.

I only wear one because I don’t carry my phone on me when I run or bike. Having crash detection & automated 911 calling relieves a huge concern with the distances & trails I ride on.

That's reasonable. I put a cell phone in my bike's pouch so I can Bluetooth my music.

Have you tried out the Bose Frames sunglasses that play music? I love them. They allow your ears to be open to hear cars, mountain lions about to tear into your neck, etc. while also letting you listen to music. They have removable lenses if you want different colors. The only issue that I have with them is if you're riding over 30 mph, they aren't loud due to the wind being too loud.

Have any of you watched the movie BlackBerry?

Thank you for the insight, my goodness we are all thankful you take time out of your life of luxury and international travel to teach us these things. Who knew? Traditional watches are becoming obsolete.

Reactions: WVUSerg
It's true. The original and main intent of a watch is to show the time. Everybody already carries a device that does that and a hell of lot more: a cell phone. That means the main intent of a watch is no longer to tell the time, but rather, as a status symbol or accessory. There are far better status symbols to wear than a watch that has 90% of its space taken up by something that is useless - the time aspect of it.

Yes, Apple watches do a lot more than tell the time. But those people also carry a cell phone. So why bother to carry two of something that do the same exact thing?
I figured you had a Rolex for each arm.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19MU88
Thank you for the insight, my goodness we are all thankful you take time out of your life of luxury and international travel to teach us these things. Who knew? Traditional watches are becoming obsolete.
Are you immune from noticing that nobody engages with you on here other than me when I mock you?

Doesn’t that give you enough of a hint that you should stop posting?

Are you immune from noticing that nobody engages with you on here other than me when I mock you?

Doesn’t that give you enough of a hint that you should stop posting?
Baldy talking about lack of engagement while he engages. Only a moron that brags about hotel status would use that flawed logic. Merry Christmas baldy!

Reactions: WVUSerg
That's reasonable. I put a cell phone in my bike's pouch so I can Bluetooth my music.

Have you tried out the Bose Frames sunglasses that play music? I love them. They allow your ears to be open to hear cars, mountain lions about to tear into your neck, etc. while also letting you listen to music. They have removable lenses if you want different colors. The only issue that I have with them is if you're riding over 30 mph, they aren't loud due to the wind being too loud.

Have any of you watched the movie BlackBerry?
When I first saw those glasses, I thought they were too bulky & didn't think they'd sell. That said, I've had a couple of people recommend them & I was surprised by the reviews. I might pick up a pair in the spring when I start training. I think my slow ass only broke 30 mph twice going downhill in a race last year so that's perfect.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT