ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL GAME THREAD Appy State at Marshall

3rd down play on 4th, 4th down play on third.

If we end up losing this it's all on Doc.

Anxious to see if the 4th down play was a busted play. My guess is we were trying to draw them offsides. The center thought we did and snapped. Wells thought it was a free play. Great win.

Yeah that could have been a critical mistake, looks like we didn’t know what was going on.

But playing great defense gives you a much bigger margin for error.

Anxious to see if the 4th down play was a busted play. My guess is we were trying to draw them offsides. The center thought we did and snapped. Wells thought it was a free play. Great win.
Doc certainly acted like it was. Grant was not expecting that snap. Good thing it hit him in the gut.

Last edited:
Exactly what I expected from Grant Today. Sure I was hoping for another off the charts game but he grew some today. Not a lot of easy looks, making him go through his progressions against a decent defense. Trust me, he is a good running QB, it’s only going to get better once he gets comfortable with that read option. He has the arm, can read defenses, once he gets the reps, look out.

Great game. Not sure why all the pissing and moaning about Wells. No one in their right mind expected him to come close to EKU numbers against Appy.
He played well all things considered. He runs the RPO a hell of a lot better than Green and Litton ever did.
The WR drops sure as hell don’t help.

And BTW, I will be happy to eat crow after posting about our DB’s not doing well. After Gilmores 2nd INT call.

The young man and that whole unit really stepped up and played well. Kudos gentlemen.

Great game. Not sure why all the pissing and moaning about Wells. No one in their right mind expected him to come close to EKU numbers against Appy.
He played well all things considered. He runs the RPO a hell of a lot better than Green and Litton ever did.
The WR drops sure as hell don’t help.

And BTW, I will be happy to eat crow after posting about our DB’s not doing well. After Gilmores 2nd INT call.

The young man and that whole unit really stepped up and played well. Kudos gentlemen.

Regarding DBs, that‘a not really eating crow. They played terrible the first 1 and 3/4 quarters.

Regarding DBs, that‘a not really eating crow. They played terrible the first 1 and 3/4 quarters.

I thought they were getting harassed by the refs, specifically Gilmore. After a series of expletives I told her if they throw it his way again, he’s going to pick that thing off and sure enough he did.

WR’s had some bad drops, two shots at 7 points and both drops in the same series.

If penalties didn’t extend drives for App I feel like we could have throttled them 35-7

I thought they were getting harassed by the refs, specifically Gilmore. After a series of expletives I told her if they throw it his way again, he’s going to pick that thing off and sure enough he did.

WR’s had some bad drops, two shots at 7 points and both drops in the same series.

If penalties didn’t extend drives for App I feel like we could have throttled them 35-7

Personally I think the last interference before the pick was the only questionable call to me.

When you’re not playing the ball, you’re not going to get any benefit of the doubt with the contact.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT