ADVERTISEMENT

Attendance Killer

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
The total lack of effort displayed by Marshall in this game all but guarantees lots of empty seats for the remaining home games no matter what. I will still go but many others will not. I don’t blame fans. We pay good money to watch the team and when they play this poorly people decide to spend their money for other entertainment. Get ready MH to see lots of empty seats in the Joan. Getting beat by a good team is one thing. Getting beat when your team has no effort, at home, in front of your best crowd, and coaches make absolutely no changes or adjustments, is another. Go Herd! Hope you come back and win the rest.

I agree. A beat down to that degree will crush fan morale and attendance for the rest of the season. That was really, really bad.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Doc and the entire coaching staff owe the fans a huge apology for not having prepared better than that. I personally look for some defeats in CUSA knowing how we always manage to stub our toe at some point - like MTSU where we do not play well.

Doc and the entire coaching staff owe the fans a huge apology for not having prepared better than that. I personally look for some defeats in CUSA knowing how we always manage to stub our toe at some point - like MTSU where we do not play well.
Looks to me like Brad Lambert brought the 49’er defense with him to Huntington......

True HaveYouHerd but our coverage has been suspect for a couple of years. I guess Cincinnati’s receivers were just too good for our guys to cover if they were not worn out!

We are back to giving 8 yard cushions like the Rippon years. Fuller took the last remnants of Heaters defense with him when he left.

Reactions: HerdFan73
Don’t worry, guys. I’m sure we’re after some big time recruits who won’t be eligible for 2020, will just see the field on special teams in 2021, will become a solid backup in 2022, and will be a solid contributor in 2023.

The plan is infallible. Just gotta get back to work.

Guys, be patient. Doc is building the program the right way. It just takes time. Also, we are really young. In another year or two, that's when we will be back to Notre Dame of the G5 status. Plus, it's not Doc's fault. The fans are to blame for not showing up to the games. If you don't believe me, then Marshall doesn't need fans like you.

Did I leave anything out?

I can not stand the cushions the db's are giving. This crap got us beat alot under Snyder and the first few years under Doc. We have not had good secondary play since Jackson stepped on the field. When your dline has trouble getting to the QB, it falls on the secondary to pick up the slack. Heater was able to overcome it most times by scheming to pressure the QB. Our dline I undersized, and our linebackers seem to be as well. I agree with another poster, I think recruiting hasn't been all that great the past few years, seems to coincide with the previous guy leaving. On top of that, what is Lambert's scheme? Does he not know that not blitzing on 3rd down doesn't work with our current personnel? What about Cramsey, how long does green have to fail to move the ball before game calling changes or substitutions. This was the first game ever that I left at the half after driving up 4 hours. Sickening. Unfortunately I can not invest unlimited $$ to keep coming back hoping the light has been seen. I am sure there are many herd fans like me, make 1 or 2 games a year at best. When you see this product on the field, are you gonna spend all the time and money to come back? Likely not. If this turns out to be another 2016, I guess you can count me in on being for a coaching change, I have defended Doc long enough, this shouldnt be happening in year 9 or 10.

mlblack16 good one. Let’s see Doc is in year 10 right so we need to just be patient and be good little fans and for goodness sake never complain.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT