ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball…

redsfan5590

Silver Buffalo
Dec 14, 2010
Why is the opening game in the new stadium at 3pm on a weekday?

Also, why are there no individual game tickets available through the university? Standing room only is all they have. And there’s no way they’ve sold that many season tickets.

I guess SeatGeek will be in charge of single game tickets for the time being. Once the newness goes away, we'll see what happens.

No way that is sustainable
Nor do they expect it to be.

Here is what the NCAA says about baseball attendance:

After a handful of mega-successful programs, all in the warm weather states, it is girlfriends, parents, and the 10 old men that live and breath baseball that you can find at any baseball game being played anywhere. They only report the top 50

Here is the SBC figures for last year:

USM 5169 (warm)
UL 3775 (warm)
GA Southern 2394 (warm)
CCU 2146 (warm)
Troy 1765 (warm)
TX St 1632 (warmish)
USA 1206 (warm)
ULM 909 (warm)
Appy 528 (cold)
GA State 412 (warm, but no one care about sports, if they cared about sports they would have gone to UGa or across town to Tech)
JMU 387 (cold)
ODU 375 (cold)
AR State 375 (not that warm)
MU 375 (up Rt. or in Charleston)

MU will have the largest %age increase in NCAA baseball this year. It is unsustainable. MU is picked 11th. In a few weeks, plenty of seats will be available. Next year, girlfriends, parents, and the ten old men baseball lifers that show up to any game played anywhere.

Reactions: Elkview
On a different note..

Does anybody have any idea what the parking situation is going to be?

Got my season tickets, they are doing them digitally, coming into the 21 st century.

I have not seen any official numbers released. I tried counting the seats on the ticket site and it looks like the total is under 2,000 seats. Most if not all of those will be sold as season tickets in year one. Later in the season those "Standing Room Only Tickets" will find a seat in the season tickets seats with the ticket holder staying home.

They've been doing that for a while. Glad u coming along to the 21st as well
The snark on this board is off putting. But then again, autonomy make it easy. By the way, I still requested paper tickets.

Why is the opening game in the new stadium at 3pm on a weekday?

Also, why are there no individual game tickets available through the university? Standing room only is all they have. And there’s no way they’ve sold that many season tickets.

Marshall: "Welcome to our new baseball field! Sorry, we are new to this, since we have never owned one before. After 30+ years, multiple AD's, locations, and countless empty promises, we are striving to do our best. Tickets and availability are currently listed as is. While this is what we are offering, it may not be the long term. We are working to constantly improve the fan experience in all facets. So, sit back and enjoy the game!"

Redsfan: "bUt ThE gAmE iS oN a WeEkDaY!!"

Quick softball question. Do the women not have a mound to pitch from? I am looking at New Mexico State and Texas Tech, no mound

If the season ticket holders in baseball are like many in football and basketball there will be a good number of empty seats. If you pay the money use the damn tickets! Go Herd!

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
It's called the circle. No mound
Mash Up Ball GIF

What I learned from this weekend is the SRO is actually a great option (maybe even the best option). I don't have season tickets, but if I did get one, I would have regretted spending the extra money. The reserved seats are nice but there are a lot of good spots to setup a lawn chair or a blanket, and have just as good a view of the game. For yesterday's game, I just stood at the counters behind section 106 the whole game chatting with people. I explored the perimeter of the stadium and one of my favorite spot is behind the outfield fence. You can setup a lawn chair up there and have a good view of the field. My wife ended up sitting in one of the reserved seats after a few innings to confirm no one is going to use those seats (there are lots of empty seats to use and no one is checking your tickets).

Last edited:
Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
What I learned from this weekend is the SRO is actually a great option (maybe even the best option). I don't have season tickets, but if I did get one, I would have regretted spending the extra money. The reserved seats are nice but there are a lot of good spots to setup a lawn chair or a blanket, and have just as good a view of the game. For yesterday's game, I just stood at the counters behind section 106 the whole game chatting with people. I explored the perimeter of the stadium and one of my favorite spot is behind the outfield fence. You can setup a lawn chair up there and have a good view of the field. My wife ended up sitting in one of the reserved seats after a few innings to confirm no one is going to use those seats (there are lots of empty seats to use and no one is checking your tickets).

<Incoming complaint from Redsfan>

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT