ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Stadium Sponsorships

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
Hamrick sent out fundraising requests for the baseball stadium to former Marshall players. The sponsorship opportunity was a $5000 donation to have your name above a locker in the new stadium. Cool, I was up for that. If I could sponsor a locker for a catcher and donate to the stadium, it's a win-win. Then, later in the paragraph, it mentioned that the locker sponsorship was for five years.

What the fvck? So I'd be paying $5000 for 125 games over five years? Is anyone in Shewey familiar with what other schools do?

Southern Miss, a far better program, just had locker sponsorships for $1000 for the life of the locker room. That's 20% of the cost Marshall is trying to get AND it lasts for far more than just five years. Montana State, another D1 program, just had a $500 lifetime donation for their former baseball players to sponsor a locker in their new locker room. What is included for that $500? Well, first it is lifetime as opposed to Marshall's five year plan. Next, it is 10% of the cost of Marshall's. Then, the donor gets an action shot of him from his playing days posted above the locker AND gets his name and career accolades on a homeplate plaque which is then affixed to the locker.

lKpoL8S.jpg

Coastal Carolina, a team that recently won the national championship, had a sponsor a locker for $1000 . . . not annually, but for the life of the locker room!

Louisiana Monroe FOOTBALL, an FBS team in the Sun Belt, just had a sponsor a football locker for $1000 where you'd get your name engraved on a plaque on the locker. Again, for life!

Louisiana Tech BASKETBALL just had a sponsor a locker campaign for $2500. Again, you'd get your name on a plaque above the locker for life for half of what Marshall is asking for five years in a sport not nearly as popular.

Memphis FOOTBALL, an FBS program in a better conference, had a sponsor a FOOTBALL locker with your name on a plaque for $1000. They allowed you to pay $200/year for it for the lifetime sponsorship.

North Texas FOOTBALL, in the same conference as Marshall, had a sponsor an entire position meeting room for life for $7500.

Why would Marshall, a school not known for graduating alums who come out with high salaries, try to get $5000 for just five years when conference mates from far better programs and/or in far more popular sports are doing the sponsorships for 10% of the price and for dozens of years longer?

Last edited:
Or you can counter Hamrick and tell him for $7000 you want a plaque and a picture like at Montana St.
I'll bet the team is willing to take up a collection each year to pay you just to take your ugly ass down from their locker room
each year. So you pay 7k, their collection is 2k / year to take the picture down after five years you are up a cool three grand!
You just need to turn it into a business proposition.

Hamrick sent out fundraising requests for the baseball stadium to former Marshall players. The sponsorship opportunitywas a $5000 donation to have your name above a locker in the new stadium. Cool, I was up for that. If I could sponsor a locker for a catcher and donate to the stadium, it's a win-win. Then, later in the paragraph, it mentioned that the locker sponsorship was for five years.

What the fvck? So I'd be paying $5000 for 125 games over five years? Is anyone in Shewey familiar with what other schools do?

Southern Miss, a far better program, just had locker sponsorships for $1000 for the life of the locker room. That's 20% of the cost Marshall is trying to get AND it lasts for far more than just five years. Montana State, another D1 program, just had a $500 lifetime donation for their former baseball players to sponsor a locker in their new locker room. What is included for that $500? Well, first it is lifetime as opposed to Marshall's five year plan. Next, it is 10% of the cost of Marshall's. Then, the donor gets an action shot of him from his playing days posted above the locker AND gets his name and career accolades on a homeplate plaque which is then affixed to the locker.

lKpoL8S.jpg

Coastal Carolina, a team that recently won the national championship, had a sponsor a locker for $1000 . . . not annually, but for the life of the locker room!

Louisiana Monroe FOOTBALL, an FBS team in the Sun Belt, just had a sponsor a football locker for $1000 where you'd get your name engraved on a plaque on the locker. Again, for life!

Louisiana Tech BASKETBALL just had a sponsor a locker campaign for $2500. Again, you'd get your name on a plaque above the locker for life for half of what Marshall is asking for five years in a sport not nearly as popular.

Memphis FOOTBALL, an FBS program in a better conference, had a sponsor a FOOTBALL locker with your name on a plaque for $1000. They allowed you to pay $200/year for it for the lifetime sponsorship.

North Texas FOOTBALL, in the same conference as Marshall, had a sponsor an entire position meeting room for life for $7500.

Why would Marshall, a school not known for graduation alums who come out with high salaries, try to get $5000 for just five years when conference mates from far better programs and/or in far more popular sports are doing the sponsorships for 10% of the price and for dozens of years longer?
Enough smack talk. How about you matching Rick Reed's cool $1M donation?

Or you can counter Hamrick and tell him for $7000 you want a plaque and a picture like at Montana St.
I'll bet the team is willing to take up a collection each year to pay you just to take your ugly ass down from their locker room
each year. So you pay 7k, their collection is 2k / year to take the picture down after five years you are up a cool three grand!
You just need to turn it into a business proposition.

You're still trying too hard.

Probably a "Build It" kind of thing, versus already built and looking for operations money; just a guess at the discrepancies.

Yeah, let's see how that works out for him.

Didn't Coach Stowers or one of the other Shewey cum guzzlers on here state that funding for the stadium has already been committed by donors? Does that mean just the base of the stadium and things like a locker room, lockers, toilets, etc. aren't funded yet? If so, how about not trying to rape your former players/future donors and giving them something worthy of their money?

These are the players who the school blatantly lied to and covered up the truth while they were being recruited. The athletic department knew that full architectural blueprints of a stadium were being presented to these recruits, claimed that the stadium would be finished by a certain date (during the recruits career), and then continued these lies year after year to new crops of recruits.

There's more than enough bitterness left over from that dishonesty, and now you want to price-gouge those same donors? Way to continue alienating certain groups.

Enough smack talk. How about you matching Rick Reed's cool $1M donation?

What? How is it possible that you're dumber over here than you are on Pullman?

You're still trying too hard.

Here ill try harder.

Didn't Coach Stowers or one of the other Shewey cum guzzlers on here state that funding for the stadium has already been committed by donors? Does that mean just the base of the stadium and things like a locker room, lockers, toilets, etc. aren't funded yet? If so, how about not trying to rape your former players/future donors and giving them something worthy of their money?

Baseball locker room of about 30 lockers at 5k each, even if they sold out would be 150k. Do you really think 150k would really be enough to cover the infrastructure which you described? Probably not. "Rape" little harsh word, for a fundraising opportunity, huh? At min. it's insensitively used.

These are the players who the school blatantly lied to and covered up the truth while they were being recruited. The athletic department knew that full architectural blueprints of a stadium were being presented to these recruits, claimed that the stadium would be finished by a certain date (during the recruits career), and then continued these lies year after year to new crops of recruits.

Now we can agree that over exaggerating, embellishing, if not flat out lying, to student athletes is not good or should be acceptable. Let's face it if your being recruited by MU ,a more northern University, (for baseball) your probably not being recruited very hard.

There's more than enough bitterness left over from that dishonesty, and now you want to price-gouge those same donors? Way to continue alienating certain groups.

A Business man like yourself, it's a tax write off. Then again with your impeccable connections, i'm not sure why you don't help your Alma Mater open the new stadium in style!

Last edited:
Xavier basketball is in the process of completing a major renovation to the men's bask
Hamrick sent out fundraising requests for the baseball stadium to former Marshall players. The sponsorship opportunity was a $5000 donation to have your name above a locker in the new stadium. Cool, I was up for that. If I could sponsor a locker for a catcher and donate to the stadium, it's a win-win. Then, later in the paragraph, it mentioned that the locker sponsorship was for five years.

lKpoL8S.jpg

Why would Marshall, a school not known for graduating alums who come out with high salaries, try to get $5000 for just five years when conference mates from far better programs and/or in far more popular sports are doing the sponsorships for 10% of the price and for dozens of years longer?

Xavier basketball is in the final stages of a major overhaul of the men's basketball locker room. The program and All for One (X version of Big Green) offered former players (2 per locker) the ability to sponsor a locker. The cost was $10,000 and could be paid over a 5 year period. The locker though would have the players name, their pic and years played. It also is there as long as the lockers.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
I did a Google on Coastal Carolina Baseball after it was noted that they had won a National Championship. Amazing that they are that good in baseball, especially when being surrounded by so many larger more prominant universities.

Xavier basketball is in the process of completing a major renovation to the men's bask

Xavier basketball is in the final stages of a major overhaul of the men's basketball locker room. The program and All for One (X version of Big Green) offered former players (2 per locker) the ability to sponsor a locker. The cost was $10,000 and could be paid over a 5 year period. The locker though would have the players name, their pic and years played. It also is there as long as the lockers.

Yep. Far more popular college sport, far better program (Xavier basketball vs. Marshall baseball), more perks (instead of just your name, you get picture and years played), and a lifetime sponsorship instead of five years.

should be a rule, that if you're a career .260's hitter . . .

then no locker for you.

How about a .280s hitter?

Instead of donating to the SOJMC, I just came back and appeared on panel discussions for current students and told them they were throwing their futures away on a useless degree, and that they should get ready to spend the rest of their lives eating sh-- for dollars like the rest of the American workforce.

It must've worked, because they stopped inviting me.

Instead of donating to the SOJMC, I just came back and appeared on panel discussions for current students and told them they were throwing their futures away on a useless degree, and that they should get ready to spend the rest of their lives eating sh-- for dollars like the rest of the American workforce.

It must've worked, because they stopped inviting me.
I was there for that speech. Incredibly motivating.

Yep. Far more popular college sport, far better program (Xavier basketball vs. Marshall baseball), more perks (instead of just your name, you get picture and years played), and a lifetime sponsorship instead of five years.

How about a .280s hitter?
I would count Little League and JV Ball in the stats. Those are legitimate at bats.

I would count Little League and JV Ball in the stats. Those are legitimate at bats.

I'd like to decline that opportunity. I had more home runs in my last two years of college than I did in four years of varsity baseball. The ball doesn't travel in 30 degree weather in the north in April.

I'd like to decline that opportunity. I had more home runs in my last two years of college than I did in four years of varsity baseball. The ball doesn't travel in 30 degree weather in the north in April.

Well, did you put the ball in play? Singles and doubles count on the average as well. Learn to hit line drives.

I might go for this. I hit .385 when I was 12 and made the All Star team. Started a couple of games at short. I need to call mom and see if she has some of my old pictures. Good times.

I think there is video of you sitting in the high school dugout with some other players talking shit on the baseball coach. At least I remember a big stink about showing that on the school TV news. I bet I can get a still from that to put on the locker.

Reactions: i am herdman
I think there is video of you sitting in the high school dugout with some other players talking shit on the baseball coach. At least I remember a big stink about showing that on the school TV news. I bet I can get a still from that to put on the locker.
who me? ;)

That sounds like a Saved by the Bell episode.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT