ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Tickets

Nope, I'll just stay here and continue to post things that are true, but which you wish were not.
You mean like when you said the baseball stadium wouldn't be built? That it would be just another "broken promise"?

You mean like, you claiming, once the dirt started moving on the current site, you doubled down and said this wasn't going to be the stadium because "the permits had not been filed", there were "no designs with permit.."

Seriously Sammy, you're a joke. You're just about completely wrong with most of your posts. You really are no fan of Marshall Sammy. Thats the only truth most see.

Reactions: 19MU88
Common sense would tell you...if you cant afford the charity/donation part of the package, then you probably shouldn't be worried about what a seat cost. You probably have other financial priorities you should be worried about.
Stop moving the goalposts. The discussion was about if the cost for the season tickets is too high, not about financial responsibility of buyers. In considering the cost, it’s common sense to include the mandatory donation. You didn’t, and then you tried to ineffectively explain why you didn’t include it. Now, you’ve resorted to arguing that if people are concerned about the cost of the donation, then they probably shouldn’t be buying the seats. That has nothing to do with what was being argued.

Stop moving the goalposts. The discussion was about if the cost for the season tickets is too high, not about financial responsibility of buyers. In considering the cost, it’s common sense to include the mandatory donation. You didn’t, and then you tried to ineffectively explain why you didn’t include it. Now, you’ve resorted to arguing that if people are concerned about the cost of the donation, then they probably shouldn’t be buying the seats. That has nothing to do with what was being argued.
I've never moved the goal posts. Fans begging for a new stadium for 20+ years, to now complain about $7.41 seats is typical for Marshall fans. Why would a fan consider the charity to athletes part of their ticket price when its always been required for season packages? If you're griping over $7 tickets, you probably need the charity. Dont buy the tickets. (They probably were not going to anyway.)

Reactions: 19MU88
Was he looking for his cattle?
Fu. Spears is a POS. Embellished his resume. The Brass at MU knew it. But they were all on their way out of town either to retirement or other opportunities. MU had enough changes so they let it go

Last edited:
Fu. Spears is a POS. Embellished his resume. The Brass at MU knew it. But they were all on their way out of town either to retirement or other opportunities. MU had enough changes so they let it go
Did you feel this way towards Spears prior to Coach Small vacating his position?

Did you feel this way towards Spears prior to Coach Small vacating his position?
First he didn’t vacate his position. POS Spears fired him I knew his resume wasn’t correct like the day they hired him. MU knew as well Heard him speak at the QB meeting last yr Knew after that all hat no cattle. Talks out his ass
You know when he told everybody we’d have the 5th largest scoreboard in the country

Last edited:
First he didn’t vacate his position. POS Spears fired him I knew his resume wasn’t correct like the day they hired him. MU knew as well Heard him speak at the QB meeting last yr Knew after that all hat no cattle. Talks out his ass
You know when he told everybody we’d have the 5th largest scoreboard in the country
His position was vacated, was it not? I did not say he willingly vacated it.

You must be a government employee if you are not familiar with "early retirement".
Been private sector most of my life. Spears is the one not familiar with retirement, early or otherwise. He said he was fired.
Why do u insist on calling something that it wasn’t? Do you work in the AD?

Been private sector most of my life. Spears is the one not familiar with retirement, early or otherwise. He said he was fired.
Why do u insist on calling something that it wasn’t? Do you work in the AD?
In the private sector, did you not know individuals who were retired early? I do not work in him or for him.

In the private sector, did you not know individuals who were retired early? I do not work in him or for him.
Absolutely but they are usually given something to do so. You retire now, we’ll pay you for 6 months ,give you a party, you want to file for unemployment we won’t fight you etc
That was not this case
Are things usually this hard for you to understand?
Why can’t you understand this was nothing to do with retirement or some sort of mis understanding it was a firing so the POS AD could feel good

Absolutely but they are usually given something to do so. You retire now, we’ll pay you for 6 months ,give you a party, you want to file for unemployment we won’t fight you etc
That was not this case
Are things usually this hard for you to understand?
Why can’t you understand this was nothing to do with retirement or some sort of mis understanding it was a firing so the POS AD could feel good
Regardless of the reason, they still retired him early. I am not sure why you do not understand the words being typed through my keyboard.

Regardless of the reason, they still retired him early. I am not sure why you do not understand the words being typed through my keyboard.
Because they are wrong. Because he was fired I have idea why you want to call it anything else. There’s a big difference

To call it a firing. I have no idea why you need to call it something else
Spears is a POS lied on his resume
I have no idea if he misrepresented on a resume, but I’ll say this. Marshall University has a long history of playing fast and loose with the truth and facts, so this would be a good fit.

Why you so sure about that?? Cause Spears says so??
No it was Spears missing meetings obsessing about his son
thats because he is a FATHER lol. If you wouldnt miss work for your kid, then i am damn grateful youre not my father

Interesting. I heard from inside sources that he was let go because he was operating outside the lines when it came to potential NCAA violations. Was asked to reign it in and openly refused.

Interesting. I heard from inside sources that he was let go because he was operating outside the lines when it came to potential NCAA violations. Was asked to reign it in and openly refused.
who Coach Small? or Wagner? I cant speak for Wagner, but MU never had the coversation with Small in the 28 yrs he was here.

You have before.

My bad, I guess since this was a baseball thread, I missed where Track&Field suddenly became the discussion.
FTR I think the stuff about Wagner is made up as well. I think Spears did not like sharing the lime light with him relative to the new stadium. When they started building the stadium, the media was quoting Wagner, Spears saw that and made up a reason to fire him. Now it is 'look at me I built the stadium' Spears. Jerk

FTR I think the stuff about Wagner is made up as well. I think Spears did not like sharing the lime light with him relative to the new stadium. When they started building the stadium, the media was quoting Wagner, Spears saw that and made up a reason to fire him. Now it is 'look at me I built the stadium' Spears. Jerk
No. From what I hear, very reliable, no connection to Spears...Wags thought he could do what he wanted to do without consequences. He pushed his luck.

I've never moved the goal posts. Fans begging for a new stadium for 20+ years, to now complain about $7.41 seats is typical for Marshall fans. Why would a fan consider the charity to athletes part of their ticket price when its always been required for season packages? If you're griping over $7 tickets, you probably need the charity. Dont buy the tickets. (They probably were not going to anyway.)
well, in any case, it is always good to get the opinion of a wealthy alumn that does not actively donate.

Reactions: HerdsHerd
No. From what I hear, very reliable, no connection to Spears...Wags thought he could do what he wanted to do without consequences. He pushed his luck.
Likely stems from the MH days. I'd say anyone not associated with football could do what they want without too much fuss from the Schewey offices - just don't get in the way of football. jmo

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT