ADVERTISEMENT

Battle for 1st place! MU at MTSU 8pm beIN Sports

Watching it on BeIN sports app pretty impressed so far with the app..

Go HERD we need to rebound : (

Outside of tv ( here on the computer ) how can I get to the game , no not by car train or plane but here on my computer

We are having a tough time breaking the 1-3-1. Good defensive strategy against us so far.

Of course it helps that we missed 12 of the last 13 shots.

Pretty clear on my computer however not quite like TV , better than not seeing the game or considering how we are playing the whatever..

Unless we make on heck of a run this is going to be one huge missed opportunity

Looks like making a run is pretty much out of the question , sure would have been nice to go into Birmingham with a win. Never know couple of 3s fall and it could be a game

With 7 min to go in Birmingham

Western Kentucky

(9-8)
20 21 41

UAB

(9-7)
30 35 65

Last edited:
And again - the lack of post play - no big or bigs to speak of - gonna kill us in the long run and if we were able to make The Dance , another one and done when you consider most all teams that will come in seeded 10 or higher will have capable bigs and we will go with none. We are one small team when you look around the nation.

Last edited:
Outside of tv ( here on the computer ) how can I get to the game , no not by car train or plane but here on my computer

For future reference... if you have a Visa GC/CC you can sign up for a $10/month fubo.tv acct and stream the game via laptop/computer/ipad/iphone etc. Then cancel after the game.

Obviously not the ideal situation but it worked tonight, and allowed multiple streams in my group of people.

Here is the link

https://www.fubo.tv/

Embarrassing for this team, we weren't prepared and it showed. At some point DD must decide to prepare for the other team's defense instead of presuming the players are going to know how to handle it. We are not physical and we have now several times exposed ourselves.

P.S. The refs were terrible on both ends of the court.

The Herd needs some men!

As I said earlier in this thread - too small.

Yes we need some girth / height weight proportionate , 6'10 / 6'11 that weigh 245-260 and made of muscle like UK's Adebayo 6'10 255 pure muscle BFI of gotta be about 0 and quick man oh man is he quick on his feet , can jump as well as any , knows how to post up , controls the board on both ends of the floor. Obviously we are not going to sign a 5 star Mickey D in the foreseeable future but there are bigs out there that can become what we need.

Another crazy one to watch is the kid from Florida State - Michael Ojo 7'1 304 - will be on tv this weekend ( Saturday vs North Carolina at 2:00 from Chapel Hill)

Until we can bring it and control the boards , post , with some bigs tonights result will continue to happen.

Had a super opportunity tonight and failed to show - officials , not too swift either direction - need to go to 4 and divide the floor due to the speed of the game

Watching it, refs looked bad at both ends I agree. No bigmen low (that is not the team this year we just need to deal with that - it is what it is). The big issue I think was the live by the 3 die by the tree. We did not hit many wide open shots from 3. Had we hit those(as they had in most of the games- all of the ones they have won) in the first 30 minutes, would have been a different last 10 minutes and been in the game to the end.

We have the last 3 "WV HS player of the year" on team, but DD only uses 1 (Elmore). They are all better than any of the foreigners. Why brag about recruiting WV kids if your gonna play kids from 3000 miles away. For you fans that say we can't win with WV kids, we don't know that because he doesn't give them the opportunities he gives the foreigners. How many chances does Penava get? Nikolic had a dunk blocked tonite, and Milo, well he is just the usual Milo.

Agree Houston - as hot as we have been in a few games from the arc , we were practically as cold as we were at Ohio State.

If your making the 3 your the hero , miss and the question becomes why did you keep shooting them...well anyone who has ever played the game or been around a team in some capacity realizes a shooters slump ends many times with one shot..now when the entire team is having an issue , might thought of trying to go inside. The way the fouls were being called , take the chance.

Bad game at the totally wrong time. UAB blew out WKU tonight in Birmingham - need to regroup quickly.

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
Look we just aren't as good as some fans think we are.

Defense and Rebounding makes you a good team and we can't do neither.
most fans I know felt like we would finish behind MTSU in league standings. so, what was the revelation last night?

We have the last 3 "WV HS player of the year" on team, but DD only uses 1 (Elmore). They are all better than any of the foreigners. Why brag about recruiting WV kids if your gonna play kids from 3000 miles away. For you fans that say we can't win with WV kids, we don't know that because he doesn't give them the opportunities he gives the foreigners. How many chances does Penava get? Nikolic had a dunk blocked tonite, and Milo, well he is just the usual Milo.

What WV native should get more run? Kilgore? Bledsoe? Neither of them are ready.

Along with Elmore, Burks and Browning play a ton.

Look we just aren't as good as some fans think we are.

Defense and Rebounding makes you a good team and we can't do neither.

Sounds like what we were saying about football after Akron - we aren't as good as some fans think we are. And they were correct.

Reactions: Herd Fever
so losing on the road to the best team in the conference should be a does of reality? thanks!

IF we beat UAB on the road (which is a big IF) we will be at as good of a start to the conference as any reasonable person could have expected. if we lose and are 4-2, still not bad.

Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
Man mediocrity has taken over the entire fan base

Dont count me in that group - as you guys well know , makes no difference how we play hoops of football , I can and will point out improvements that could , should be made.

Last night was just flat out poor , poor prep ,poor coaching , poor everything , going into a game to take the outright lead in the conference we should have been totally ready to go and what do we do ---screw the pooch big time.

Last edited:
LOL I suppose our goal should be undefeated in conference in BB every year.

And what would be wrong with having that attitude ? If anyone thinks that is not the approach that should be taken then they obviously never played sports at the high school or college level or above.

You go into every game playing to win with an attitude like Kobe Bryant who once said

“Winning takes precedence over all. There’s no gray area. No almosts.”

This is college ball , not peewee where everyone gets a trophy for showing up but a level where only winners advance , only winners play for conference titles be that regular season or in a conference championship and only those who win understand what Bryant is talking about.

If you have never played a game with the attitude that you not the other guy is going to win as well as in some cases willed that win to happen , then you didnt play , you just took up space on the floor for an allotted amount of time - you seriously failed to comprehend meaning of winning

Win all the conference games , should be the attitude as well as winning all the non conference games go undefeated for the year , ask Gonzaga how they are still the only undefeated team in the nation as of tonight. 5 guys averaging double figures and the sixth man is at 9.something , think these guys understand what winning is all about - pretty obvious.

And what would be wrong with having that attitude ? If anyone thinks that is not the approach that should be taken then they obviously never played sports at the high school or college level or above.

You go into every game playing to win with an attitude like Kobe Bryant who once said

This is college ball , not peewee where everyone gets a trophy for showing up but a level where only winners advance , only winners play for conference titles be that regular season or in a conference championship and only those who win understand what Bryant is talking about.

If you have never played a game with the attitude that you not the other guy is going to win as well as in some cases willed that win to happen , then you didnt play , you just took up space on the floor for an allotted amount of time - you seriously failed to comprehend meaning of winning

Win all the conference games , should be the attitude as well as winning all the non conference games go undefeated for the year , ask Gonzaga how they are still the only undefeated team in the nation as of tonight. 5 guys averaging double figures and the sixth man is at 9.something , think these guys understand what winning is all about - pretty obvious.

Exactly 77. Hell, if we don't have ANY goals at all, then why field a team? Frankly, MU basketball should be damn glad that we still have fans at all who aspire to lofty goals, want to be undefeated, want to be relevant in D1 basketball, etc., etc. After all, we have exactly how many conference basketball championships since joining CUSA in what, 2006? And before that we racked exactly how many MAC conference basketball championships, since our first tour in the conference back in the 50s? And, surely, we achieved a boat load of basketball championships during our Southern Conference days, right guys??

We were in the thick of things more than not when in the So.Con - UTC made more of the dance appearances however , our last 1985 as 1987 was vacated

We had no emotion. Standing flat footed watching MTSU out rebound us. I'm not sold on MTSU as being the best team in the league. I've said it time and time again. We need men under the basket. We don't need undersized, slow and non athletic players. We don't need project players!

you are an idiot. there is a difference between high goals and crying like a little bitch after one road loss to the best team in league.

Dont count me in that group - as you guys well know , makes no difference how we play hoops of football , I can and will point out improvements that could , should be made.

Last night was just flat out poor , poor prep ,poor coaching , poor everything , going into a game to take the outright lead in the conference we should have been totally ready to go and what do we do ---screw the pooch big time.

77...I was at the MTSU game.
Their staff had a good game plan for The HERD. Their defense pushed our shooters well beyond the NBA line, thus, many shots hit the front of the rim or missed totally. Their Bigs must have had a + 30 edge in rebounding and scored at will inside the paint (several dunks too). The Herd is not a strong, physical team, other than Taylor. Ryan was beat to hell all night long, yet no whistles against MTSU. We need a healthy Johnson...not going to get much help from our other low post guys. MTSU is a good club and they would defeat many teams at home. They are quick, fast & strong...plus they have a good bench.

It is what it is. Going forward our schedule rewards our win column. Other than Charlotte, ODU & La Tech on the road...Marshall could win out. The season will depend on the home games against UAB & MTSU in Feb. (16 & 18).

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

We had no emotion. Standing flat footed watching MTSU out rebound us. I'm not sold on MTSU as being the best team in the league. I've said it time and time again. We need men under the basket. We don't need undersized, slow and non athletic players. We don't need project players!
I have to say, after seeing MTSU in person Thursday night, I have changed my opinion of them. They are a legit team. The addition of Williams and the JUCO's have made a huge difference. Williams is, most likely, the leagues top player. He can do it all both offensively and defensively.
As someone else stated, they played great D against us and took us out of our game completely. It was most likely, our best defensive effort of the year and it did little good in the end.
Can we beat them next month in the Cam, sure, but it will take a GREAT effort.
UAB on the other hand is very beatable. We played much better against them than Middle. We had our shots, they just wouldn't fall. Shots coming up short time after time tells me that we started losing our legs. Being off yesterday and again on Tuesday should help this team. I would expect us to come out blazing against the Toppers Saturday.

I have to say, after seeing MTSU in person Thursday night, I have changed my opinion of them. They are a legit team. The addition of Williams and the JUCO's have made a huge difference. Williams is, most likely, the leagues top player. He can do it all both offensively and defensively.

Agree on Williams. Looks like a pro to me.

Reactions: Herdmeister
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT