ADVERTISEMENT

Before I go

Jun 1, 2015
In the interest of my blood pressure readings and possibly my sanity I have cancelled my Rivals membership. My son plays for Marshall (Garet Morrell). I joined the site last year in anticipation of getting some insight towards the team and to get feedback on how practices, etc. were going. First, let me say G would have a aneurysm if he knew I was posting on here. Secondly, I have no inside info as to what's going on with the team (other Qbs, coaches). Any of you with 19 yr. old sons can understand that Dad's are usually the last to know! Ha! I just wanted to say a few things before I go. Let me start by saying there are some DAMN FINE YOUNG MEN ON THIS TEAM! They go out and bust their butts every morning while you and I are still snoozing and stay late into the night studying film. I too was disappointed in this season. It's the first time Garet has ever been on a losing team going all the way back to seven yr. old rec. ball. Rest assured him and others didn't like it. Blame it on what you will, but the bottom line is we didn't get it done.

Moving forward what I would ask of you all is continued support for the young men on this team. All G can talk about is how good their going to be next year. I for one believe him!

One other thing, and I will climb down off my soapbox. Please don't ever say that Marshall is a place where kids go as their last choice. G had 8 other D-1 offers including a few conference rivals. We visited each school twice before committing. He chose Marshall because of the coaches, the facilities, the winning tradition, and most of all THE COMMUNITY AND FAMILY that is Marshall football and what it means to them. Now, as much as ever the team needs your support! Thank you for listening... Dang, I think getting all this off my chest is done gave me a "Herd-on"!!!
Good night Fellas! Go Herd!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News