ADVERTISEMENT

Best guard combo

ohio herd

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2012
Was thinking about how good Elmore and Burks are together. The only other combo I can think of this good would be Ty Collins and Mike D'antoni. What do you guys think.

Reactions: Jeepers Creepers
OP makes a great point. We have had many great guards; Henderson, Taft, etc. But they didn’t have a partner at the same level. Greg White and Bunny Gibson come to mind, but neither could get to the rim like Jon & C.J. can.
Think Butch & Sundance; Laurel & Hardy; cuff & link. I believe they are the best. Old timers will call out for Byrd & ?? (Walowac/Greer/Price?) but I couldn’t speak to that era....

Reactions: ohio herd
Guys... I know we didnt have them for a long time, but we had Jason Williams and Keith Veney in the backcourt for the 95-96 season. One played for a decade in the NBA and the other still holds the collegiate record for 3-pointers in a game. Andy Paul and Skip in 87... Andy Paul and Taft in 88... Corny & Tamar were pretty special as well.

We have a LOT of really good backcourts in our history - its the low post that has always been our achilles tendon (as Orlando Hatchett would say).

Reactions: ohio herd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT