ADVERTISEMENT

Bidenomics at work

I just got a fat raise.

biden-i-did-that.gif

That's not what I said.

redd foxx fred sanford GIF

Sell that nice house in an expensive area, retire out here to Bum****. You will feel like a rich man.

if i could talk the wife into it, i'd go in a heartbeat. just had the house appraised for a heloc to finish the garage/apartment and, ho lee shit, found that i'm sitting on ~1/2 million in equity (haven't had it appraised for years and didn't think it would come in at what it did). sell of that and between it and what we have in retirement, we could live like royalty in one of the places in that link.

now, back to your location point . . . if my house was located an hour away in VA, i'd likely be sitting on >$1M in equity.

EDIT: just read through the rest of the link and found Roatan on the list. coincidentally, we were there back in July (cruise ship stop) and we're in the process of booking a trip after christmas. cost of flight and VRBO for 3 couples will come to around $1800 for the week. can't go to OCMD or VABVA for less than that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raoul Duke MU

if i could talk the wife into it, i'd go in a heartbeat. just had the house appraised for a heloc to finish the garage/apartment and, ho lee shit, found that i'm sitting on ~1/2 million in equity (haven't had it appraised for years and didn't think it would come in at what it did). sell of that and between it and what we have in retirement, we could live like royalty in one of the places in that link.

now, back to your location point . . . if my house was located an hour away in VA, i'd likely be sitting on >$1M in equity.

EDIT: just read through the rest of the link and found Roatan on the list. coincidentally, we were there back in July (cruise ship stop) and we're in the process of booking a trip after christmas. cost of flight and VRBO for 3 couples will come to around $1800 for the week. can't go to OCMD or VABVA for less than that.
Penang, Malaysia is on that list. I was there about 5 years ago and that place is nice as heck!! Says you could live there on 1500 a month!! Lots to see and do there! If it just wasn't on the other side of the globe!! lol

On the flip side, you live in Bumfvxk already, but is a very beautiful, peaceful, quiet Bumfvxk. You have a wonderful home and property, but you could downsize and chunk the profits into investments for passive income and be sitting pretty for sure.

I couldn't do those "island paradises". It's just not my thing. I love the mountains, the woods, I enjoy the changing seasons.

Herdman, on the other hand, also has a wonderful home but he lives near a large urban area and destests the changing politics of the newcomers. And downsizing wouldn't be as profitable, because it's a hot market there. So he should move to the sticks of WV, or hell out here to rural Kansas. He could live like a king

Reactions: WV-FAN
On the flip side, you live in Bumfvxk already, but is a very beautiful, peaceful, quiet Bumfvxk. You have a wonderful home and property, but you could downsize and chunk the profits into investments for passive income and be sitting pretty for sure.

I couldn't do those "island paradises". It's just not my thing. I love the mountains, the woods, I enjoy the changing seasons.

Herdman, on the other hand, also has a wonderful home but he lives near a large urban area and destests the changing politics of the newcomers. And downsizing wouldn't be as profitable, because it's a hot market there. So he should move to the sticks of WV, or hell out here to rural Kansas. He could live like a king
Went back to WV. Went to visit an old buddy. Drove up the Holler to his house. He was on his side by side and got out and were shooting the shit in front of his house. He had to piss so he just turned his back, kept talking and pissed right in his front yard. A few minutes later I had to piss and walked over and pissed on his tree.

That was nice. He got pissed off where he works and told then to shove it at 54.

You might have a point. For a night cap Went back to my old home place and pissed off the back porch while watching the deer.

These damn people where I live can be fruit loops. I can't take that big city northeast attitude all the time. Not just thr politics but loud and drive like shit and just different.

These damn people where I live can be fruit loops. I can't take that big city northeast attitude all the time. Not just thr politics but loud and drive like shit and just different.
I'm happy out here. No traffic. We drive fast from town to town but not crazy and everyone obeys stop signs and the few signals in town. It's pretty quiet. People are polite.

Do I miss having 100 places to eat, or going to Bats games, or having a shitton of live music to attend? Sure! But that will make my trips to KC, OKC, and Tulsa even more enjoyable and special.

Getting a bargain on a beautiful home is just the cherry on top....but upping my standard of living simply by moving is some good stuff, for sure.

Is it? I just bought what would be a $325k home in Louisville for half that. My dollar feels like it is going pretty far right now. Maybe you need to move to a more affordable able.
Smack off: congrats on the house man. That's awesome getting such a good bang for your buck on nice property

Smack on: you fvcking biased liberal dickhead. You're using an example of purchasing a home in a current market that has finally slowed down tremendously especially in some areas due to increased rates for borrowers. Your dollar ain't going so far these days when you start paying that 5 1/2% rates.

Reactions: i am herdman
Smack off: congrats on the house man. That's awesome getting such a good bang for your buck on nice property

Smack on: you fvcking biased liberal dickhead. You're using an example of purchasing a home in a current market that has finally slowed down tremendously especially in some areas due to increased rates for borrowers. Your dollar ain't going so far these days when you start paying that 5 1/2% rates.
Smack on: You ignorant inbred, I'm telling you that your dollar can go further if you make certain decisions. This is only part of that equation. Want some more? Stop driving the gas hog truck. Stop eating out all the time (this is easy here, there's only two or three restaurants worth a damn lol). Go to the shitty muni golf course instead of the nice ones.

And to be honest, I feel this is about where interest rates should have been all along. Free money is bad policy. Anyone remember what 1980s interest was? And I don't mean at the beginning when everything was fvxked up, I mean when Herdman and I graduated high school. Hint: quite a bit higher than now! The 90s? The 00s before the crash?

Smack off: thanks, I guess...asshole 😘

Biden effed up on his "strategy" for refilling the SOR. Looks like it might continue to a while, too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT