ADVERTISEMENT

Big Green

So this board demands an AD be more creative and less like the usual...
Then out of touch folks like you, complain and mock an AD, who is being more creative...
About right for this collective.
Read much, special ed drop out? Said NOTHING about the AD's "creation". Just commented that the decision vis-a-vis D'Antoni's retention does not in and of itself fire up the fan base per se to dig deeper, get another person to join the Big Green, etc., since Danny is so wildly and overwhelmingly popular among Herd Fans in general!

They need to revive some of the local chapters. My local club (Four Seasons) does hardly anything. I didn't even know about the last coaches tour until a week after it happened.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Sorry dude, but who is shaming what? And is it really shaming a fan base to act them to donate and these are the types of replies we get. And its a chance to donate, grow the program the allegedly love, AND win money.

There is only one thing wrong with your statement, i will let you figure out which word it was
People need to shut their pie hole and stpp the high school bitching and help be a solution, not the problem. That will fix major issues across the program and university. Easy to get on here amd talk about all the problems, bit very few talk about solutions. That is much more difficult and decreases the "self entitlment" agenda of the youngee generation. Hard work and commitment moves the needle, nothing else.

Perhaps the new AD will make changes in Big Green leadership as well.

Pe
Read much, special ed drop out? Said NOTHING about the AD's "creation". Just commented that the decision vis-a-vis D'Antoni's retention does not in and of itself fire up the fan base per se to dig deeper, get another person to join the Big Green, etc., since Danny is so wildly and overwhelmingly popular among Herd Fans in general!

Nothing is going to fire up the locals. They'll find something wrong with anything the AD does.
For once MU is looking to change their views and approaches to marketing themselves.

I love everything Marshall does. It’s perfect. The GD fans are just too stupid to see it. MH sitteth at the right hand of God almighty.
I was a critic of some things Hamrick did. I will say he had to make MU money and if he had to do so through something that some didn't like, so be it.
Get used to it, that model of approach ain't going anywhere.
College sports is always going to be about money, not your stupid little feelings or how old you are. People somehow want to think MU can take a moral high ground these days when comparing to other programs who may just blatantly buy thier athletes. Sorry, not working that way. You and MU would be laughed out of existence...and please don't try, you'll make the rest of us look bad. Hamrick had a lot of ideas but a small few behind the scenes kept screwing this up.
I just hope this new AD tells Justice and his like to shut up and let him do his job.

As for the fans, how there is even a debate or having some disapprove of the idea of having a baseball field, despite the potential impact of its presence, shows me they really aren't too bright of a group.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
I was a critic of some things Hamrick did. I will say he had to make MU money and if he had to do so through something that some didn't like, so be it.
College sports is always going to be about money, not your stupid little feelings or how old you are. People somehow want to think MU can take a moral high ground these days when comparing to other programs who may just blatantly buy thier athletes. Sorry, not working that way. You and MU would be laughed out of existence...and please don't try, you'll make the rest of us look bad. Hamrick had a lot of ideas but a small few behind the scenes kept screwing this up.
I just hope this new AD tells Justice and his like to shut up and let him do his job.

As for the fans, how there is even a debate or having some disapprove of the idea of having a baseball field, despite the potential impact of its presence, shows me they really aren't too bright of a group.
I really don't know why you attacked me the way you did because you disagreed with me. I actually think we agree far more often than not, but whatever.

The baseball stadium is coming. From what I have heard, it's going behind the softball field barring some hiccup in buying the property. Ground and soil studies are back and everything is fine, so the process of buying the property has to start over, so we are looking at 2-3 years. due to the tortoise-like pace of the WV legislature.

I think Mike did an excellent job on scheduling and facilities. Top notch on both. jmo.

Reactions: The Real SamC
I really don't know why you attacked me the way you did because you disagreed with me. I actually think we agree far more often than not, but whatever.

The baseball stadium is coming. From what I have heard, it's going behind the softball field barring some hiccup in buying the property. Ground and soil studies are back and everything is fine, so the process of buying the property has to start over, so we are looking at 2-3 years. due to the tortoise-like pace of the WV legislature.
I guess the city has some money they are throwing in the pot. Williams keeps saying it needs to be spent by 2024. We'll see how that goes.

IMHO,

- It is clear that basketball is a token effort. The remainder of the DD era is, and it will be followed by another token effort. If that bothers you and affects your Big Green donation level, so be it.

- This year will say a lot about CH. He has every chance of actually beating multiple teams that have winning records. It is not certain that he will continue to grossly underperform, as he did during his first year. If that happens, then great. If not, then we will see if the AD has the moral courage to do the right thing. If not, and that affects your Big Green donation, so be it.

- The baseball stadium is not coming. As baseball is an integral part of the SBC, a new effort to develop an adequate field (not the palatial minor league pipedream proposed) needs to be made. Could be finished in a year with cash on hand.

- People that are will butt hurt about the “reseating” that MH (and lots of other ADs all around at the same time, including WVU, UK, and VA Tech) did, need to get over themselves. You were asked to pay the freight for a DI I-A level program. That includes paying more than you were for the seats. If it wasn’t worth it for you, fine. But don’t bitch about it. This program costs money. The fact that you had had those seats for years is irrelevant.

- A certain cadre around Huntington thinks of MU athletics as some kind of entitlement or government program. For some reason a city this size is just “supposed” to have a DI I-A sports system. And “they” (some undefined mix of rich people, big companies, and the government) is just supposed to pay for it. Nothing could be further from the truth. The reason Huntington has MU sports is previous generations who built it with their time and money. No reason that this region is just “supposed” to have sports at this level. Pay up, via the Big Green.

- MU’s regional Big Green, and general alumni association, efforts; in Charleston, in southern WV, and in the places that MU graduates have fled the failed experiment that is WV like the Carolina Piedmont, Atlanta, Florida and the DC metro, are inadequate. We could do better.

IMHO,

- It is clear that basketball is a token effort. The remainder of the DD era is, and it will be followed by another token effort. If that bothers you and affects your Big Green donation level, so be it.

- This year will say a lot about CH. He has every chance of actually beating multiple teams that have winning records. It is not certain that he will continue to grossly underperform, as he did during his first year. If that happens, then great. If not, then we will see if the AD has the moral courage to do the right thing. If not, and that affects your Big Green donation, so be it.

- The baseball stadium is not coming. As baseball is an integral part of the SBC, a new effort to develop an adequate field (not the palatial minor league pipedream proposed) needs to be made. Could be finished in a year with cash on hand.

- People that are will butt hurt about the “reseating” that MH (and lots of other ADs all around at the same time, including WVU, UK, and VA Tech) did, need to get over themselves. You were asked to pay the freight for a DI I-A level program. That includes paying more than you were for the seats. If it wasn’t worth it for you, fine. But don’t bitch about it. This program costs money. The fact that you had had those seats for years is irrelevant.

- A certain cadre around Huntington thinks of MU athletics as some kind of entitlement or government program. For some reason a city this size is just “supposed” to have a DI I-A sports system. And “they” (some undefined mix of rich people, big companies, and the government) is just supposed to pay for it. Nothing could be further from the truth. The reason Huntington has MU sports is previous generations who built it with their time and money. No reason that this region is just “supposed” to have sports at this level. Pay up, via the Big Green.

- MU’s regional Big Green, and general alumni association, efforts; in Charleston, in southern WV, and in the places that MU graduates have fled the failed experiment that is WV like the Carolina Piedmont, Atlanta, Florida and the DC metro, are inadequate. We could do better.

Minus your absolutely dumb comment about the baseball field not coming and then emphasizing SBC is heavy on baseball, I actually agree with you.

I think people tend to forget MU and WV are in crap situations. The state leadership hates WV so much they want every young, able bodied person to leave. MU can only do so much with what it has.
Yet somehow, just because you were alive in the 70's, you can dictate how a program will operate 50 years from then.
You're right, it is a sense of entitlement and since MU isn't a major school nor in a major city, they act shocked when the AD has to do something like seating re-arrangements to keep up with the demands of being a competitive D1 school.

I guess the city has some money they are throwing in the pot. Williams keeps saying it needs to be spent by 2024. We'll see how that goes.
The situation is complicated but I heard architects were in town a few weeks ago to look at placing the stadium near Dot Hicks Field.
COVID also really screwed the momentum of this project.

I think Mike did an excellent job on scheduling and facilities. Top notch on both. jmo.
I agree.
Hamrick felt a return game was a better economic impact for not just MU but the city as well.
MU could just take the paycheck for a 1 and done but that would give the city zero in return.
I imagine the Louisville and Purdue ganes gave the city a nice little spike in revenue.

Four Seasons is Southern WV/Southwest VA
You should hook up with the Southern Coalfields/Beckley/Raleigh group. They were just named the Alumni Chapter of the year, and did some amazing things last year to win that honor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT