ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Legg is still the weakest link!!

Not sure the QB is all that hot either. Something still amiss.
Litton missed on some throws but he made some really good ones as well. He had virtually no running game to help him out yet again. We only managed 59 total rushing yards with a 2.4 yard per carry average. Our running game has to improve because that was a sad effort. On the bright side pass protection looked improved and hopefully they can continue that play against NC State.

Bill legg hasn't changed one thing... still handing the ball off 7 yards deep and not running any miss direction, fakes, tricks.... he might have added about 5 plays which means his play book is 2 pages instead of 1..

The lack of correct personnel usage in the backfield was absolutely abysmal. You have your 5'10" quick hit back in when you are running it up the middle trying to run out the clock???? Really???

Not only that but you also had a situation where there were about 8 minutes left in the game and you have the coaches go conservative and are trying to run the clock out. That is way too much time left to try to run the clock out. You are not going to be able to run enough time off the clock if you dont get the first down. All that was going to accomplish was giving Miami the ball back with plenty still left on the clock and that's exactly what happened. Miami ended up getting 2 offensive drives and opportunities at the end.

Hey we finally joined the 1980s and put a man in motion then we joined the 90s and ran the wildcat, well tried to run the wild cat but there was a penalty

The lack of correct personnel usage in the backfield was absolutely abysmal. You have your 5'10" quick hit back in when you are running it up the middle trying to run out the clock???? Really???
The weak leak coming into the season was/is the oline, so I think the coaches are doing best they can. Offense is going to be boring but look for at least 6 wins

Reactions: ThunderCat98
The weak leak coming into the season was/is the oline, so I think the coaches are doing best they can. Offense is going to be boring but look for at least 6 wins

You realize 6 wins means things are still really bad right ?

Which is all the more reason to deploy situational personnel usage. You have a bruiser back in Anderson and fresh legs in Davis. Rodriquez is a good change of direction back with his quickness, but if the goal is to get a mere 10 yards for a game ending run out the clock first down, you need to move the pile and that doesn't appear to be his strongest skill set. I did like the fact the they are having Litton roll out, it bought him much needed time for receives to get open and it appears to work. However you can bet that NC State and others will watch tape and imply a QB spy on obvious passing intuitions, so look for that wrinkle to be neutralized as quickly as next Saturday. I thought the defense really came together nicely as the game progressed, and special teams was indeed special again.

Reactions: JC102
You realize 6 wins means things are still really bad right ?
well, its better then last year and gets a bowl game. Anyone expecting much more then that is surprising after that mess last year. I see little to no offense at this point. No oline

Which is all the more reason to deploy situational personnel usage. You have a bruiser back in Anderson and fresh legs in Davis. Rodriquez is a good change of direction back with his quickness, but if the goal is to get a mere 10 yards for a game ending run out the clock first down, you need to move the pile and that doesn't appear to be his strongest skill set. I did like the fact the they are having Litton roll out, it bought him much needed time for receives to get open and it appears to work. However you can bet that NC State and others will watch tape and imply a QB spy on obvious passing intuitions, so look for that wrinkle to be neutralized as quickly as next Saturday. I thought the defense really came together nicely as the game progressed, and special teams was indeed special again.
I agree with you points

Correct. We ran Anderson on a couple of plays earlier in the game. Appears his role will be as a short yardage back; weights in the 230-240# range. Why he wasn't in the game in the situations you note is known only in the fertile, or futile, minds of Doc and Legg!!

Again, Doc simply couldn't fire his old buddy Legg last year. Hopefully, the team can win games despite Legg.

I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised with our play calling in the first half. however after halftime our true identity surfaced with the same predictable chicken gut play calling. hard to come away disappointed after a win but I sure did..

Litton is not a read option QB. He is a pure pocket passer. He won't and can't run and is not good at the fake.

Cato was perfect in this offense his last 2 years. I just don't think it's a great fit for Chase.
Defenses know he won't run and can key on the RB.

Litton is not a read option QB. He is a pure pocket passer. He won't and can't run and is not good at the fake.

Cato was perfect in this offense his last 2 years. I just don't think it's a great fit for Chase.

I forgot who said this, but the best fit for this offense was Frohnapfel. He was a tall and built athletic qb who could throw.
Its a shame he left but it is also very understandable why he did. The offense being run was for his exact type of player.

Litton COULD do that. I think he will tuck and run. Why he didn't against Miami? Not sure why honestly.
Maybe he had plays drawn up for him to run but he either found a pass and tried to throw it or simply didn't execute.
Last season I believe the latter was a factor for sure...
I hope at NC State he runs a few as just his danger for running will force the defense to adjust even more.

I second this..... this is were a good coordinator can make changes to make up for the weaknesses... to bad we have a really bad coordinator.. it's not chases fault bill legg can't get his one page play book out of his head and come up with something that works.... try a under center lead with a fullback ...! Or even hand it off to a full back (Anderson)... wow two new plays for you bill, it was that easy!! Your welcome

Could you imagine... Marshall in the huddle chase calls the play then says " ready break" they hurry to the line chase under center quick snap chase turns left hands it to the fullback Anderson running full speed ahead and makes the cut back in the 2 hole... BOOM!!!!! 5-6-7 yards a carry!!!

Sorry I way dreaming... huddle lol Marshall forgot what that was...

Ok English for you my friend .... put chase under center and run Anderson in the 2 hole... if your from Wayne county you would completely understand this, along with the coach ward comment....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT