ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Legg

Again, you're comparing apples to oranges, but you apparently don't understand that. It's impressive.
You are comparing when I ask why you didn't defend Dan but you will Doc. You said Dan does not recruit talent but Doc does

You are comparing when I ask why you didn't defend Dan but you will Doc. You said Dan does not recruit talent but Doc does

I'll make you a deal.

If you can show me where I made that exact comment, with those exact words, then I'll never visit this forum again.

If you cannot show me that, then you will never revist this forum again.

Deal?

Because prior to Obinna, Dan’s recruiting efforts have been lacking.

He’s making a consistent effort for McKneely but I think he’s wasting his time there.
so, his recruiting efforts fail but then when he is making admittedly a good effort in McNeeley, he is wasting his time? Looks like he can't ever win with you

I'll make you a deal.

If you can show me where I made that exact comment, with those exact words, then I'll never visit this forum again.

If you cannot show me that, then you will never revist this forum again.

Deal?
Im not playing your game. Just go read the response to my question? Why to do you not take up for Dan on this board but you will Doc?

so, his recruiting efforts fail but then when he is making admittedly a good effort in McNeeley, he is wasting his time? Looks like he can't ever win with you

Prior to Obinna....Dan's efforts were lacking. Since then, he's made a better effort. We'll see if it pays off, but McKneely has yet to honestly reciprocate any serious interest. After his visit to Marshall, he did not post a single thing on social media. After his visits to Xavier, Ohio State, and UVA, he immediately posted pics about his visit. That alone says a lot IMO.

How about Dan gets maximun results from the kids he has in the program which shows buy-in? Honestly, the progress of Bennett this season has been someone wonderful to see. Once Williams and Beyers got their legs, and Taylor was added the growth this season was fun to watch.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Your like a child! Did you read the response?

No.

I told you. I'm done discussing anything with you because of your agenda.

You try to continue to put words in my mouth, and when you're called on it, you back pedal or change topics.

It's tiresome to read your nonsense.

No.

I told you. I'm done discussing anything with you because of your agenda.

You try to continue to put words in my mouth, and when you're called on it, you back pedal or change topics.

It's tiresome to read your nonsense.
If you unable to read your own response then I assume the discussion is over. I like the results of our hoops program and just because we don't win on signing day does not mean he cant win on the court. The problem I see recruiting under the radar types and developing them is its not what the football program does so its making them nervous

I thought it was reported that Elmore thought about a grad transfer and Duke and OSU were discussed?

I will say if Duke was looking for a GT for ‘18-‘19 JE could have been the outside shooting threat they really needed. He would have struggled a little getting looks vs conference teams but I believe he would have adapted.

First of all....it's the AAC. This isn't travel basketball.

Also, it's Boise State, not Bosie State.

We've discussed this on the paid forum a number of times. I don't feel the need to explain it to you though.
I like how you avoid issues and deflect. Lots of QB's brought in recently that have not worked out when he had one that may have helped. Also, what is the status of Grant Wells? Had lots of people all over him from KV saying he could get it done. How about an interview with the coach and Grant to get an update?

I like how you avoid issues and deflect. Lots of QB's brought in recently that have not worked out when he had one that may have helped. Also, what is the status of Grant Wells? Had lots of people all over him from KV saying he could get it done. How about an interview with the coach and Grant to get an update?

I prefer to call it ignoring the noise.

And like I said before, we've been discussing the quarterback situation for a while now on the premium board.

Well discuss it here.

Let me help: the staff has done an awful job evaluating QBs. How many times after watching film of committed QBs have I said "meh, he could get it done, but Marshall should go after this kid who only has MAC and/or Sun Belt offers currently"? And they continue to go that route. The tall QB from Kentucky who is committed? He'd be way down on my list in terms of QB recruits Marshall could get.

Look at Marshall's QB offers this year. They have offered one kid who has enrolled early. So that means Marshall only has 3 QBs on scholarship. At minimum, you need at least four and possibly five, especially on a staff that has done a poor job of evaluating and developing QBs. At this point, it becomes a crap shoot where you need to sign as many quality QBs as you can and then dump them if they get to school and can't get it done. If you don't have the ability to properly evaluate and/or develop QBs, then go the other route and sign a bunch only to drop their scholarships when they can't get it done. It's the most important position in football, so you have to risk pissing off high school coaches by dumping their kids you sign if you can't develop a good one.

Reactions: johns1124
I didn’t say that. I think Kinsey could end up being a great pickup, but I think he has a ways to go before becoming that type of player.

Hell, I would’ve pointed to Burks (to a point) before either of them, but his recruitment was more grade oriented so......

I avoided transfers because that is its own animal.

But in layman’s terms, you said Dan hadn’t recruited anyone before Obinna that was noteworthy. You did not say it in a quote but your context clues were crystal clear.

You don’t think Peneva was a great recruit, nor was Kinsey. You’re allowed to think that. I disagree. I would guess more would agree with me than you, but that doesn’t necessarily make me right or you wrong.

I do think you should look at the 2018 UTSA game in the C-USA quarterfinals to get a look at Peneva. I think you’ve forgotten just how “different” he was.

I thought it was reported that Elmore thought about a grad transfer and Duke and OSU were discussed?

I had heard OSU as well. Never heard he was on Duke's radar and I can see Stowers' points being a reason why...that Duke team was stacked.

Last edited:
I wish Bill Legg well. He gave us a lot of good years. I am honestly starting to think that Doc playing things too close to the vest is the real problem.

I never will forget the looks Bill gave him (his last game as OC) every time we scored in the New Mexico Bowl. Gave me the impression that he finally made the calls, no matter what Doc ordered.

I also think Doc has hamstrung Cramsey. Is Doc so stupid that he will idly stand by and let Green take him down the drain?

I am still going to games, but it is out respect to the 75.

I avoided transfers because that is its own animal.

But in layman’s terms, you said Dan hadn’t recruited anyone before Obinna that was noteworthy. You did not say it in a quote but your context clues were crystal clear.

You don’t think Peneva was a great recruit, nor was Kinsey. You’re allowed to think that. I disagree. I would guess more would agree with me than you, but that doesn’t necessarily make me right or you wrong.

I do think you should look at the 2018 UTSA game in the C-USA quarterfinals to get a look at Peneva. I think you’ve forgotten just how “different” he was.

I think a question needs to be asked regarding what makes a good recruit?
Is it their fitting to a coaching style/system or based on rankings?
One could say Cato and Elmore were great recruits for MU due to their fitting of the systems ran by the coaches. I'm not sure how either would have done had they not been here. Same with Peneva. He fit Dan's system but may not have had the national attention from everyone else.
Is he still a good recruit?

I wish Bill Legg well. He gave us a lot of good years. I am honestly starting to think that Doc playing things too close to the vest is the real problem.

I never will forget the looks Bill gave him (his last game as OC) every time we scored in the New Mexico Bowl. Gave me the impression that he finally made the calls, no matter what Doc ordered.

I also think Doc has hamstrung Cramsey. Is Doc so stupid that he will idly stand by and let Green take him down the drain?

Why would Doc hold Cramsey back to begin with? I doubt Cramsey is still here if that were even remotely true.
Same with Legg...you'd think Legg would have complete control over the offense, being Doc's friend and all. Why in the blue hell would Doc restrict his friend?

That’s not at all what I said. I said his efforts were “lacking,” meaning he was lazy in regards to recruiting.

. If you don't have the ability to properly evaluate and/or develop QBs, then go the other route and sign a bunch only to drop their scholarships when they can't get it done. It's the most important position in football, so you have to risk pissing off high school coaches by dumping their kids you sign if you can't develop a good one.

Ethically questionable. Recruiting kids knowing 1/3 are going to be jettison of their scholarships. I guess you have to make up for your deficiencies some way. I wish it wasn't at the kids expense though.

Ethically questionable. Recruiting kids knowing 1/3 are going to be jettison of their scholarships. I guess you have to make up for your deficiencies some way. I wish it wasn't at the kids expense though.

Do you owe a kid five years of full scholarship money if he gets there and doesn't work hard enough to be successful, doesn't have the ability to be successful, etc.? Is it fair to the other kids on the team who work harder or have more ability that their team isn't good enough because the coach won't push the players out the door who won't put in the time/work or have the ability to make the team better?

I can see an ethical argument from both sides. As a coach, you have the responsibility to do your best in recruiting kids you think will help the program. If two years down the road you realize the kid will never help the program, is it fair to hurt the rest of the team by having him take up three more years of a scholarship knowing he will never contribute?

Unless Doc wins a CUSA title this season and perhaps ends up in an Access Bowl, he should NOT be leading MU football in 2021 (if Hamrick is ANYTHING other than an unethical moron or an out right RETARD!). In many ways, 2020 should be the most important HERD season since 1971, IMO, with fan interest, enthusiasm, etc. at a high level along with the overall anticipation generally about Herd football! Unfortunately, thanks to Doc and Mike Hamrick I just can't see that happening this season. Not even close!!

Unless Doc wins a CUSA title this season and perhaps ends up in an Access Bowl, he should NOT be leading MU football in 2021

So if Doc goes 12-0 and loses the CUSA Championship (which will effectively end all hopes of a Access bid), you think he should be terminated?

oldeherd said:

Unless Doc wins a CUSA title this season and perhaps ends up in an Access Bowl, he should NOT be leading MU football in 2021

So if Doc goes 12-0 and loses the CUSA Championship (which will effectively end all hopes of a Access bid), you think he should be terminated?
[/quote]

Who/where are these reports being made? What's the source?

Don’t recall specific posters but a few of the more active on here inferred that was one of his biggest hurdles going forward. I believe a mod questioned his ability to fully grasp the playbook as well.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33

Legg and Doc got into some pretty heated arguments over the headsets during game because Doc would override his calls. I know of one point in Legg's lsat year Bill told Doc to just go ahead and fire him if he wouldn't let him do his job. Doc wants ball control offense. Legg wanted more uptempo. Look at Cramsey before he go there and then look no further than Cramsey's comments going into last season. Their goal was to keep the offense under an X amount of plays. I want to say he said around 60. That tells you all you need to know.

Go watch the offense prior and leading up to 2014 and then the offense post 2015. You could see it in games this year when we'd get going and then Doc would slow it down.

A former prominent player's father that posts on here. Actually called Green's ability to learn and run the offense as "illiterate". I mean you can see Green looking completely confused at times.

This actually makes sense. This may be Doc's go to QB recruiting tactic. Doc had the same type of situation with Cato. Cato was just lucky enough to have a teammate from his early years running sandlot routes when things broke down and needed somewhere to throw.

This actually makes sense. This may be Doc's go to QB recruiting tactic. Doc had the same type of situation with Cato. Cato was just lucky enough to have a teammate from his early years running sandlot routes when things broke down and needed somewhere to throw.

Cato was not illiterate with the offense at all. Towards the end of his junior season and all the way through his senior season he had 4 plays given to him and he made the final call at the line based on the defense. Cato's weakness early on was his temper and losing his cool. He also was scared to death of taking a hit. Both of which he outgrew.

Cato's advantage was having Pennington to mentor him.

Cato never looked lost. There's being young in your development and there's not being able to learn and retain. Cato had struggles as every young player did learning the scheme, but he still could make plays and shattered records. Green struggles to make plays on a consistent basis in or out of the offense.

Taevion Kinsey says hi.
So does Ajdin Peneva.

I do wish we had a better “hit” percentage on our Euros and other recruits over the past few years, but those two were elite C-USA recruits. Not average, elite.

I’m hoping Obinna helps turn that corner to better consistency.

Getting Kinsey was lucky because he was a kid facing academic issues coming out of HS. We beat out Columbus State for him.

And some kid named Elmore was not bad. He had a chance to grad transfer to Duke his senior yr but decided not to leave. Its just funny how Doc has convinced the fan base that going after the out of state prop kids that have no more then a 50 pct stick rate is the only way to win. As I mentioned to Sam I think Dan's grass roots recruiting efforts have some in the football program concerned

Elmore was a transfer

oh, I see, he puts a team on the floor that wins at a national level never seen before at marshall but you have a problem with recruiting. See, your like Sam, and you don't understand that Dan is recruiting to a system. He is not winning on signing day but is winning on the court. Its not sexy but it works

16-15 is mediocrity

ADVERTISEMENT