ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Legg

After two years of Cramsey I wish he was back here, at least we Legg we had something that resembled an offense.
Rather then 1/2 the line in motion before the snap, and then every 2nd possession being 10+ on 3rd down.

Reactions: Elkview
I too feel bad for thinking Legg was the problem after watching the exact same inept offense since he has been gone.

Go Herd! We play for 2nd in the East Division / John’s retirement fund.
I think it has now been proven that the common denominator is the head coach.
Cramsey had potent offenses everywhere he had been except here. He didn't get dumb over night

They can have him. And Doc too. Docs inability to develop players, especially at the QB position is ridiculous.

For the so called talent we recruit and place in the league rankings, it’s been disappointing. Especially being able to take more NQ’s than likely any other D1 school in the country.

After two years of Cramsey I wish he was back here, at least we Legg we had something that resembled an offense.
Rather then 1/2 the line in motion before the snap, and then every 2nd possession being 10+ on 3rd down.

TIVp2.gif

I think it has now been proven that the common denominator is the head coach.
Cramsey had potent offenses everywhere he had been except here. He didn't get dumb over night
Doc is a recruiter but he does not understand how to evaluate talent. He also has a big ego or almost stubborn approach to recruiter.

Last edited:
Would be interesting to know how Legg got this job. He hasn't had a coordinator position or maybe not even an assistant position in past two years. Maybe Don Nehlen still has some pull at WVU. Wonder if he will coach a position at WVU. He knows football and was a solid TE coach at MU. Jury still out on whether he was a good OC. Agree that Cramsey needs to prove himself this coming season.

Would be interesting to know how Legg got this job. He hasn't had a coordinator position or maybe not even an assistant position in past two years. Maybe Don Nehlen still has some pull at WVU. Wonder if he will coach a position at WVU. He knows football and was a solid TE coach at MU. Jury still out on whether he was a good OC. Agree that Cramsey needs to prove himself this coming season.
He was the OC at Mercer this past season and the press release says he will have some kind of analyst job.

why do you take up for Doc so much? I see people going after Dan on this board and you never in get involved.

Because prior to Obinna, Dan’s recruiting efforts have been lacking.

He’s making a consistent effort for McKneely but I think he’s wasting his time there.

ekal it will be difficult for Cramsey to do anything because Doc will Not let him. We really do not need him. Why does anyone thing we need an OC when the HC maintains control.

Reactions: Herdmeister
If memory serves me well, I did call cramsey Bill Legg 2.0 before his offense ever took a snap.... Turns out only difference between them is about 10 plays.... still handing off 7-8 yards deep to standing running back, and still throwing the out in the flat screens or over thrown bombs............. come on cramspey this is Marshall we play for championships l

Reactions: Elkview
Because prior to Obinna, Dan’s recruiting efforts have been lacking.

He’s making a consistent effort for McKneely but I think he’s wasting his time there.
oh, I see, he puts a team on the floor that wins at a national level never seen before at marshall but you have a problem with recruiting. See, your like Sam, and you don't understand that Dan is recruiting to a system. He is not winning on signing day but is winning on the court. Its not sexy but it works

Because prior to Obinna, Dan’s recruiting efforts have been lacking

Taevion Kinsey says hi.
So does Ajdin Peneva.

I do wish we had a better “hit” percentage on our Euros and other recruits over the past few years, but those two were elite C-USA recruits. Not average, elite.

I’m hoping Obinna helps turn that corner to better consistency.

Taevion Kinsey says hi.
So does Ajdin Peneva.

I do wish we had a better “hit” percentage on our Euros and other recruits over the past few years, but those two were elite C-USA recruits. Not average, elite.

And some kid named Elmore was not bad. He had a chance to grad transfer to Duke his senior yr but decided not to leave. Its just funny how Doc has convinced the fan base that going after the out of state prop kids that have no more then a 50 pct stick rate is the only way to win. As I mentioned to Sam I think Dan's grass roots recruiting efforts have some in the football program concerned

He's not coaching a position.

oh, I see, he puts a team on the floor that wins at a national level never seen before at marshall but you have a problem with recruiting. See, your like Sam, and you don't understand that Dan is recruiting to a system. He is not winning on signing day but is winning on the court. Its not sexy but it works

We weren’t talking about wins and losses. You referenced recruiting and nothing else.

And it’s you’re....not your.

Again, you know nothing of what you talk about. It’s embarrassing really. You come on here and throw stuff around hoping that it will stick in hopes of furthering your agenda.

Taevion Kinsey says hi.
So does Ajdin Peneva.

Kinsey is a good player, but I don’t think he’s someone that I’d reference when trying to make a point......yet.

Penava had one good season here. Did he develop? Sure he did, but again, referencing one season isn’t going to sway my opinion.

Reactions: johns1124
And some kid named Elmore was not bad. He had a chance to grad transfer to Duke his senior yr but decided not to leave. Its just funny how Doc has convinced the fan base that going after the out of state prop kids that have no more then a 50 pct stick rate is the only way to win. As I mentioned to Sam I think Dan's grass roots recruiting efforts have some in the football program concerned

Elmore was great, but let’s not act like we “recruited” him.

People come on here constantly and say Doc landed Cato out of “luck.” Well...........let’s call a spade a spade if we’re gonna call Cato luck so was Elmore.

And Elmore did not have a “chance” to transfer to Duke. First of all, they never offered a scholarship and second of all, for as great as Jon was, I doubt he would’ve started over Tre Jones. Duke had plenty of fire power with Zion, Barrett, and Reddish. They needed Jones’ defense on the perimeter, and Elmore does not provide that.

I’m done talking about in-state recruiting with you and your sidekick. I’ve already trashed your theory on that too many times. “Your” wrong.

Kinsey is a good player, but I don’t think he’s someone that I’d reference when trying to make a point......yet.

Penava had one good season here. Did he develop? Sure he did, but again, referencing one season isn’t going to sway my opinion.

So you don’t consider Kinsey and Peneva to have been really good recruiting pickups?

Interesting.

So you don’t consider Kinsey and Peneva to have been really good recruiting pickups?

Interesting.

I didn’t say that. I think Kinsey could end up being a great pickup, but I think he has a ways to go before becoming that type of player.

Hell, I would’ve pointed to Burks (to a point) before either of them, but his recruitment was more grade oriented so......

Doc doesn’t win on signing day anymore. Especially when half his classes never see the field.

I didn’t say that. I think Kinsey could end up being a great pickup, but I think he has a ways to go before becoming that type of player.

Hell, I would’ve pointed to Burks (to a point) before either of them, but his recruitment was more grade oriented so......

A grade oriented pick up. DD taking a page out of Docs book.

Elmore was great, but let’s not act like we “recruited” him.

People come on here constantly and say Doc landed Cato out of “luck.” Well...........let’s call a spade a spade if we’re gonna call Cato luck so was Elmore.

And Elmore did not have a “chance” to transfer to Duke. First of all, they never offered a scholarship and second of all, for as great as Jon was, I doubt he would’ve started over Tre Jones. Duke had plenty of fire power with Zion, Barrett, and Reddish. They needed Jones’ defense on the perimeter, and Elmore does not provide that.

I’m done talking about in-state recruiting with you and your sidekick. I’ve already trashed your theory on that too many times. “Your” wrong.
I just love how fans will put down hoops recruits(and the hoops program) to make the football program look better when Dan has won at a national level and Doc has not.

I have NEVER said Cato was a "luck" recruit and I NEVER said the same about Elmore so not sure where you pulled this from.

Lastly, I think I pretty much set the record straight with JoJo Doleman. Kid had zero D1 offers and was abused yearly by the Martinsburg team(and as bad as QB play is right now you should be asking questions yourself on a certain instate QB).

“Chance”. No he didn’t.

Reactions: Josh Stowers
I just love how fans will put down hoops recruits(and the hoops program) to make the football program look better when Dan has won at a national level and Doc has not.

I have NEVER said Cato was a "luck" recruit and I NEVER said the same about Elmore so not sure where you pulled this from.

Lastly, I think I pretty much set the record straight with JoJo Doleman. Kid had zero D1 offers and was abused yearly by the Martinsburg team(and as bad as QB play is right now you should be asking questions yourself on a certain instate QB).

Considering Dan has everyone back for next season I can see a nice run, so sorry to disappoint the haters.

It really is amazing this debate continues because someone came on this board that talked with a former D1 coach from the SunBelt and said the Martinsburg High QB would have started in that league as a freshman, and considering some of the guys that have been brought in to school the last several years I think its easy to see a mistake was made.

Now I don't want take away from a hoops discussion but if someone was really reporting they would be asking the coaches if Grant Wells is going to be given a shot. I understand he looked good in practice and runs the ball well. Has he picked up the passing game part up yet? From a development stand point he could have played in 4 games this past year but did not get a chance. Again, our backup was not even close to being a D1 football player(it may have been because of injury), but Grant could have used some of those late season reps to create competition this season.

"Your" trying to compare apples to oranges genius. There are no less than 27 non-P5 teams that make the NCAA tournament every year because of automatic bids. Barring something we've yet to see, that's at least 26 more chances to win "on a national level" than what football would ever see. Let me know when football's playoff extends to 68 teams and then we'll discuss the topic.

I never said you said that about Cato. I said "people."

Again, your in-state theory/agenda is beyond idiotic.

"Your" trying to compare apples to oranges genius. There are no less than 27 non-P5 teams that make the NCAA tournament every year because of automatic bids. Barring something we've yet to see, that's at least 26 more chances to win "on a national level" than what football would ever see. Let me know when football's playoff extends to 68 teams and then we'll discuss the topic.

I never said you said that about Cato. I said "people."

Again, your in-state theory/agenda is beyond idiotic.
UCF ran the table in the AAU and pushed themselves into the national scene. Bosie State has done the same. Why not Doc?

UCF ran the table in the AAU and pushed themselves into the national scene. Bosie State has done the same. Why not Doc?

First of all....it's the AAC. This isn't travel basketball.

Also, it's Boise State, not Bosie State.

We've discussed this on the paid forum a number of times. I don't feel the need to explain it to you though.

Making the NCA tourney was huge but winning a game was the thing that put that experience over the top.This is called winning on the national scene.

Again, you're comparing apples to oranges, but you apparently don't understand that. It's impressive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT