ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Legg

I avoided transfers because that is its own animal.

But in layman’s terms, you said Dan hadn’t recruited anyone before Obinna that was noteworthy. You did not say it in a quote but your context clues were crystal clear.

You don’t think Peneva was a great recruit, nor was Kinsey. You’re allowed to think that. I disagree. I would guess more would agree with me than you, but that doesn’t necessarily make me right or you wrong.

I do think you should look at the 2018 UTSA game in the C-USA quarterfinals to get a look at Peneva. I think you’ve forgotten just how “different” he was.

Penava had 1 good year and 2 others riding the bench. Just stop saying he was a great recruit.

Reactions: The Real SamC
Let me help: the staff has done an awful job evaluating QBs. How many times after watching film of committed QBs have I said "meh, he could get it done, but Marshall should go after this kid who only has MAC and/or Sun Belt offers currently"? And they continue to go that route. The tall QB from Kentucky who is committed? He'd be way down on my list in terms of QB recruits Marshall could get.

Look at Marshall's QB offers this year. They have offered one kid who has enrolled early. So that means Marshall only has 3 QBs on scholarship. At minimum, you need at least four and possibly five, especially on a staff that has done a poor job of evaluating and developing QBs. At this point, it becomes a crap shoot where you need to sign as many quality QBs as you can and then dump them if they get to school and can't get it done. If you don't have the ability to properly evaluate and/or develop QBs, then go the other route and sign a bunch only to drop their scholarships when they can't get it done. It's the most important position in football, so you have to risk pissing off high school coaches by dumping their kids you sign if you can't develop a good one.

Its a known fact that Doc says yes to the first QB who commits

A former prominent player's father that posts on here. Actually called Green's ability to learn and run the offense as "illiterate". I mean you can see Green looking completely confused at times.
and this is who Doc choose. Doc had or has other options

Getting Kinsey was lucky because he was a kid facing academic issues coming out of HS. We beat out Columbus State for him.
That is called recruiting, get in on a kid that gets his grades late.

A couple things here...

First, I just want to remind everyone that 2.0 is Herd Fever. He is a thief that stole $200 from a member of this board.

Second, Fever said that the best player Dan ever recruited was Phil Bledsoe.

Carry on.

Damn Fever said and did all that?

IMO Tavion Kinsey and CJ Burks are the best 2 players he has recruited out of HS.

Definitely not a stud. Studs make it to the league.

He was a decent player that had a good reaction time.
So Elmore was not a stud? One of the most productive players in MU hoops history? He didn't play in the league

So Elmore was not a stud? One of the most productive players in MU hoops history? He didn't play in the league

He was a good college player that played in a system that expanded his skills.

But No he isnt a stud, studs make it to the league.

Elmore is no different than Cato.

So Tim Tebow was barely a stud in college, since he started less than one full season in the league and barely played in the league? Brilliant analysis.

So Tim Tebow was barely a stud in college, since he started less than one full season in the league and barely played in the league? Brilliant analysis.

Did he play in the league yes or no?

Did Cato or Elmore play in the league?

See the difference

Your funny, lots of kids who have crushed it at the college level who never played in the NBA and have led teams to National Championships.

Reactions: caliherd
Your funny, lots of kids who have crushed it at the college level who never played in the NBA and have led teams to National Championships.

Thats cool, doesnt make them studs or elite.

Thats cool, doesnt make them studs or elite.
An that is your opinion. I happen to disagree. Every year their are kids that become All Americans and never play in the NBA.

Tommy Frazier is one of the greatest college QBs of all time. 2 straight national championships. Charley Ward national championship QB and heisman trophy winner. Neither played a down in the NFL. That’s just 2 people in football there are countless others. Not a chance those guys aren’t considered studs.

Reactions: johns1124
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT