ADVERTISEMENT

Billboard's #1 Album

sistersville

Platinum Buffalo
Mar 17, 2007
Tyler Childers new album Country Squire is number one in America. Rifle he will be a household name.

I know he's banned, but worth bringing this up anyways:

I stand by what I said: he will never be a household name. His genre simply isn't mainstream enough for that. I said that he would be able to tour the country and make a very good living in music. Just like Texas country artists, he can go around making hundreds of thousands of dollars each year touring but won't be a household name. You kept comparing him to Stapleton, and he simply doesn't have a voice anywhere near Stapleton's to get to that level.

For me personally, Tyler Childers puts out awesome music, music you can sit out on the porch and drink a bunch of beers while listening to it. Beer drinking music, right up there with Haggard and David Allen Coe.

He’s a good songwriter! Kind of on par with Springsteen in that a lot of people can relate to what he’s writing about. Take his new song ever loving hand, Who hasn’t grabbed a bottle of lotion and thought about some sweet honey while taking matters into your own hand? ;) But seriously his song writing is very relatable to a whole bunch of people.

These people aren't anywhere near household names - in Texas or not - yet they all have recently had the #1 country album.

However, just like Texas Country artists have a limited audience

And yet the godfather of Texas Country is a household name...

Is Jay-Z really a household name? I bet the majority of white people don't give a fvck about Jay-Z, or could even name one track by him.

I think music fanship is segmented more than ever. The internet has totally changed access to music. We will never have an artist touch the collective again like The Beatles, Elvis, Michael Jackson, or even Garth Brooks.

I think Sister is winning this one. Better eye for music than rifle.
call me clueless or crazy, but I actually thought Rifle would finally admit he was wrong for the first time in internet history. at the very least, I figured he would ignore the thread.

Reactions: 19MU88
call me clueless or crazy, but I actually thought Rifle would finally admit he was wrong for the first time in internet history. at the very least, I figured he would ignore the thread.

This isn't going to be pretty when @murox returns. It's going to be a slaughter. We may have to help our old Pal Rifle out.

I knew you were deep into the left handed cigarettes the other night from the other thread to Sisters...but this thought process above cemented your place in orbit.

I was traveling honky tonks with my dad from sistersville to Pittsburgh to Toledo to Chicago many years before rifle was ever born. Have seen so many more live acts. I said number one on BILLBOARD rifle. His world tour is on his web site. The number one radio country station's main DJ said a man's 2nd record is where they hit a bump in the road. Says country Squire is an exceptional record that will go down as one of the greatest. In 2020 the outlaw tour with Chris Stapleton and sturgill Simpson and Tyler could get up and going. Those are two of Tyler's best friends and after that tour he will be a household name. Let me enjoy this Rifle. I don't mean to sound like I'm gloating. I'm excited as a kid. Chandler gave up one earned run in 4 innings in Yankee Stadium in his debut. Wow Louisa boy pitching in Yankee Stadium is really big here. His mom was a beautiful cheerleader two yrs behind me. She is one of my sister's best friends and we all watched him since tea ball. Exceptional baseball player. Had Tommy John surgery and pitched with his other arm and was better than most around here. Hits a baseball 400 ft easily. Hits the ball on the line too rifle. Iron man like they say you were at Marshall. Show some respect rifle. I can help you over the years in many fields. Cheer up they are saying a recession is coming and that will be on THE DONALD funniest president in the history of America. It's like watching Saturday night live. He just gets confused with numbers and doesn't talk about women as bad as you do. Well not bad but you know how you new Yorkers are. Don't bash those ymwho llike and support you. Stay safe rifle. I had a dream you were hurt in a train wreck. Seriously I woke up thinking no way would rifle ride a train. Ever meet a Kardashian?

Reactions: GeorgeDickel
I don't know one song that parasite Jay z has recorded. Him and Dr Dre would not fare well around here. Not tough enough.He likes to hit women. Not a nice guy. A wolf in sheep's clothing. I do like NWA straight outta Compton. I like doggy style by snoop dog.I would like it better if I could get Janet down on the lawn. Snoop and Tyler have A lot in common and have talked in LA and nobody likeS weed better than those two. Tyler is having a benefit concert at the WV star fairgrounds in lewisburg WV called healing Appalachia from the opioid epidemic that Tyler knows all about it hitting his family. That's a great thing. Right now he is the hottest country act in America. Playing area's now. He was at the v club two or three weeks ago to see those who supported him. He is one cool cat. Extragreen would put his carpenters and sonny and Cher cd's down he would love tyler.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT