ADVERTISEMENT

Boise dropping sports

TwolfHerdfan

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2007
Boise is dropping baseball and women’s swimming and diving. Will they be coming to Huntington? I doubt it.

If Boise wants to continue their rise in prominence it is wise for them to play the game period! If the teams are cleared of any Flu or viruses they can play to an empty stadium for that matter!

There was a story in The Athletic discussing how some OOC games could be canceled on short notice this season, and that some AD’s are quietly looking around for local replacement opponents should that happen. But I’m not sure the Boise game falls into any of the scenarios they discussed.

One scenario did mention teams with a great distance to travel may not want to, but I think they were mainly talking about one & done/money games (If Boise backed out, presumably they’d have to come another year). They also mentioned that Covid tests are like $75 each and many smaller programs don’t have an extra $10k to test everyone before traveling, and that the host school may not let them come if they feel their players could be at risk (This scenario was most likely with a P5 team hosting a G5 or FCS).

Considering this is a very fluid situation that no one has ever navigated before, there could be lots of last minute changes this season.

Reactions: RhinoD
Huntersville is correct... I know that multiple schools have reached out to SoCon teams and other FCS schools about their open dates, contingency plans, and maybe taking a "money game" on short notice if need be.

It's very possible that the season gets shortened to conference play only. Or maybe 10 weeks with two "regional" non-conference games with all previous non-conference contracts voided mutually (If that were to happen, my guess would be we would keep Ohio and try to find an FCS school to play in Huntington.)

Huntersville is correct... I know that multiple schools have reached out to SoCon teams and other FCS schools about their open dates, contingency plans, and maybe taking a "money game" on short notice if need be.

It's very possible that the season gets shortened to conference play only. Or maybe 10 weeks with two "regional" non-conference games with all previous non-conference contracts voided mutually (If that were to happen, my guess would be we would keep Ohio and try to find an FCS school to play in Huntington.)

I just asked this question in another thread before I read this one.

Thanks for answering it!

I think Hamrick could find MU an equal or better OOC closer by.
I used an example of Wake Forest being a little over 4 hrs away to substitute for Boise should they not be able to make it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT