ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Games:

Marine03

Platinum Buffalo
Sep 29, 2012
Connecticut
Not what they used to be. It once was something I looked forward to, now not so much. I turned it off last night at the half, went to sleep when Ali basically said I’m done. We have kids entering the portal and not playing in them, kids opting out due to injury risk, I may be in the minority but tbh it’s just a financial drain for the teams and institutions involved anymore. If it’s not a playoff bowl is there a reason to have them any more?

In short, the answer is they make ESPN money. The bowl system will outlive all of us.

For me it depends on the year... Last season me and my buddies had a blast in Myrtle Beach for the bowl game against UConn. The team had a decent year, we still had the Notre Dame win to talk about, it was a fun location and easily drivable for everyone. So overall, really good experience.

This year, the team is down, we have a head coach on the hot seat, we were all pretty much expecting to get beat (even those of us who didn't want to admit that). In Frisco, Tx at 9 p.m. on a Tuesday? - No thanks.

Reactions: Marine03
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT